Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps

I see some people I worked with that went over there got laid off, not safe anywhere but cyber security folks should have no issues finding a job. It took me 6-7 weeks...lol took some L in the process too!

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Officially discontinued their Math Graduate School program:

Unfortunately we continue to see a divergence in education quality between the more rural and more urban states. It is quite depressing.

Basically getting dumber.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
All these layoffs were just to reset salaries and force people back into the office?
:mjlol:

Over my ass people my LinkedIn feed is still filled with that badge of shame, “open to work” on my feed. Even my friend who recently became a VP said that recruiters aren’t hitting him up like they did last year.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
All these layoffs were just to reset salaries and force people back into the office?
:mjlol:
We knew that shyt though. 666 gang hurting the pockets of tech companies and they had to slow that down. Everybody jumps on the layoff bandwagon until that looks a little bad, then they hit folks with the RTO - return or take off :camby: - so that it doesn't look like MFs are getting cut in the public eye. Now they can rehire at reduced cost. Double boost for Wall Street.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
We knew that shyt though. 666 gang hurting the pockets of tech companies and they had to slow that down. Everybody jumps on the layoff bandwagon until that looks a little bad, then they hit folks with the RTO - return or take off :camby: - so that it doesn't look like MFs are getting cut in the public eye. Now they can rehire at reduced cost. Double boost for Wall Street.

It wasn't just 666 gang, program managers, recruiters were pulling in like $200k lol

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

I see some people I worked with that went over there got laid off, not safe anywhere but cyber security folks should have no issues finding a job. It took me 6-7 weeks...lol took some L in the process too!
AI will replace this as well in due time.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Over my ass people my LinkedIn feed is still filled with that badge of shame, “open to work” on my feed. Even my friend who recently became a VP said that recruiters aren’t hitting him up like they did last year.
My company laid off a bunch of people deemed dead weight or made too much money. And used the money freed up to hire in more critical areas. The minute I find a fully remote gig I'm gone.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AI will replace this as well in due time.
Maybe entry level cybersecurity people but I can't see experienced people losing too many jobs. Demand is still sky high for senior level people. It will probably take a decade or more.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Maybe entry level cybersecurity people but I can't see experienced people losing too many jobs. Demand is still sky high for senior level people. It will probably take a decade or more.
As I said. In due time. Machines will be far more effective at threat detection and prevention than any human could ever be. Also understand that AI will also be used as a tool to locate vulnerabilities and initiate attacks in the first place. AI is an arms race. It's a wrap friend. Within the next decade, all tech jobs that aren't machine learning focused will be phased out. Engineering will be hit hard as well. Humans won't be able to compete with AI in designing structures or electrical circuits for instance.