Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
those were assumptions. We have no data on the current offers going out because this wave has just started.

Its all linked to the interest rates though. Until those come down, money can't flow as freely to inflate big tech. I'm sure people who are senior enough are still getting within their range, though, based on my discussions with recruiters recently.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Biden administration will make it easier for Indians to live and work in the United States, using this week's state visit by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to help some skilled workers enter or remain in the country, Reuters reported Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter. From the report: The State Department could announce as soon as Thursday that a small number of Indians and other foreign workers on H-1B visas will be able to renew those visas in the U.S., without having to travel abroad, one of the sources said, part of a pilot program that could be expanded in coming years. Indian citizens are by far the most active users of the U.S. H-1B program and made up 73% of the nearly 442,000 H-1B workers in fiscal year 2022.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps

The Biden administration will make it easier for Indians to live and work in the United States, using this week's state visit by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to help some skilled workers enter or remain in the country, Reuters reported Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter. From the report: The State Department could announce as soon as Thursday that a small number of Indians and other foreign workers on H-1B visas will be able to renew those visas in the U.S., without having to travel abroad, one of the sources said, part of a pilot program that could be expanded in coming years. Indian citizens are by far the most active users of the U.S. H-1B program and made up 73% of the nearly 442,000 H-1B workers in fiscal year 2022.
Man the U.S government just does not want to see the average U.S born tech worker prosper. And they wonder why so many of these techbroes flip to alt right:snoop:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

While tech companies and investors pull back seemingly everywhere else in tech, money is still flowing into AI, which the industry sees as the next big thing. That’s meant outsize demand, pay, and perks for people who can facilitate that kind of work. This situation is incredibly attractive to people who’ve recently been laid off in tech or who worry that their tech jobs don’t have the upward mobility they used to. To capitalize on this, people in adjacent tech careers are attempting to reposition themselves where the good jobs are. Short of getting another degree, many are hoping to do so with on-the-job training, boot camps, and self-education.

People with AI skills are paid on average 27 percent more than typical tech workers, according to data furnished by the compensation software company Payscale. The median annual salary for an AI engineer was $243,500 in May, according to data by the tech career comparison site Levels.fyi, compared with $166,750 for non-AI engineers.

“The future of any company isn’t sure,” he added. “But the future potential of AI I think is very potent.”

Pivot tech brehs

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I’ve got at least another 10 solid years before my career is complete and I’ll be forced to pivot to HR until retirement. Need to get that SHRM and then it’s lights out on recruiting. It’s been fun while it lasted but AI about to kill a lot of tech and therefore recruiting For tech jobs :beli:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Yeah they might be hiring cautiously right now but that's much better than mass layoffs
I mean my gig laid me off end of March and hired me back in May
CFO cac told me their projections look solid for the rest of the FY and are holding steady
In March I was laid off along with 18 others and 2 months later they asked me and 1 other to come back
:yeshrug:
They had me working my ass for a bit a couple months back when I heard they silently laying people off but now I’m back to moving like @Obreh Winfrey

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
They had me working my ass for a bit a couple months back when I heard they silently laying people off but now I’m back to moving like @Obreh Winfrey
:myman: . I stay with my Xbox controller in hand on these meetings the past 3 weeks. Until they have actionable work ready, ain't no point in pretending to be interested.