Daps

I got hired in May. I tried to tell brehs :blessed: :banderas:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Random, but this guy looks nothing like I thought he would :heh:

It's actually very interesting that he mentions he loves doing algorithms more than the actual job itself. I can't even blame him though, the job can be a total pain.

It is kind of ironic though how dude has helped so many people get jobs by passing coding interviews while he wants out of big tech.

Additionally he thinks hiring is about to pick back up soon over the next 6-12 months and says it already has started to so keep those skills sharp and keep your heads up.

One nightstand...half a bunk bed...bottle water on the floor...

Maybe he should have kept that google job :francis:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Are the cuts that extreme? Damn
I’m exaggerating and honestly do not know but from it’s my assessment from reading Business Insider articles. Wall Street wasn’t digging the overspending and wages during the pandemic. So, they’re doing huge scale backs.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I got hired in May. I tried to tell brehs :blessed: :banderas:
The ADP report noted that the distribution of job gains was “fragmented” for the month, as increases were concentrated in leisure and hospitality, which added 208,000 positions, and natural resources and mining, which saw a gain of 94,000.

Construction added 64,000 jobs, but multiple other categories had declines.

For instance, manufacturing saw a drop of 48,000, financial activities lost 35,000, and education and health services was off by 29,000. Trade, transportation and utilities posted an increase of 32,000 while the other services category added 12,000.

From a size perspective, companies with 500 or more workers lost 106,000 jobs. Small firms, with fewer than 50 workers, added 235,000 positions.

One area of note for ADP was a slowdown in the pace of wage gains, with annual pay up a still-robust 6.5% in May but down from the 6.7% increase in April. Those switching jobs reported an annual increase of 12.1%, off a percentage point from the month before.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
really its these Junior roles who are in trouble imo
Not necessarily. Regardless of experience those who are critical thinkers and adapt and become proficient at prompt engineering will survive. You have to be able to be able to train your model, fine tune your communications with these AI tools, and be able to provide it both a high-level view of your project and also specificity in your feedback. If you can't do that you will fall behind and end up on the chopping block. Sometimes junior devs are more open to learning new things, so if a 90k junior dev is better than a 200k architect at prompt engineering, then the company will choose the junior dev.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not necessarily. Regardless of experience those who are critical thinkers and adapt and become proficient at prompt engineering will survive. You have to be able to be able to train your model, fine tune your communications with these AI tools, and be able to provide it both a high-level view of your project and also specificity in your feedback. If you can't do that you will fall behind and end up on the chopping block. Sometimes junior devs are more open to learning new things, so if a 90k junior dev is better than a 200k architect at prompt engineering, then the company will choose the junior dev.
Your viewing this via the past. Prompt engieers wont be junior devs lol

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
One nightstand...half a bunk bed...bottle water on the floor...

Maybe he should have kept that google job :francis:
Not at all uncommon amongst tech bros. Most of these dudes know nothing about home decor, live like they are still in a college dorm and are all about functionality so they get the most basic shyt that will make it livable for them and spend most of their money splurging on tech gadgets and investing the rest. I wouldn't call that a reflection of his pocket.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
My company has not had any layoffs but this morning I had a meeting re: GitHub Copilot. A few teams have been guinea pigs for the implementation of Copilot the last few months. Productivity results - problems that on average took 5 days to fix now take on average 13 minutes with these pilot teams. My team will be testing AWS Codewhisper the next four months. It's going to take time for companies to fully implement AI tech into their workflows, I expect another wave of cuts in 2024/2025.

ALREADY PREPARING MYSELF TO PIVOT OUT OF MY ROLE INTO SOMETHING ELSE.

MY JOB CAN EASILY BE DONE BY AI. I ALREADY HAVE A NICE CHUNK OF MY JOB AUTOMATED ALREADY. WHEN THE COMPANY FINDS OUT, ITS LIGHTS OUT FOR ME.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Random, but this guy looks nothing like I thought he would :heh:

It's actually very interesting that he mentions he loves doing algorithms more than the actual job itself. I can't even blame him though, the job can be a total pain.

It is kind of ironic though how dude has helped so many people get jobs by passing coding interviews while he wants out of big tech.

Additionally he thinks hiring is about to pick back up soon over the next 6-12 months and says it already has started to so keep those skills sharp and keep your heads up.

I absolutely did not think he'd look like that either, lol

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

I've started to see more and more job posting for Big Tech as of late too.