Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Daps

I've started to see more and more job posting for Big Tech as of late too.

I heard Meta is hiring again. Black folk specifically to fulfill DEI requirements.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Breh... I had no idea that you were in the tech industry :dwillhuh:

Yea….. been a Designer for over a decade.

Earlier on was a “scruggling artist” type

Honestly….. I love being a designer and it opened a lot of doors for me and gave me access to a lot of shyt and I low key made some cool history.

But if I can go back, know the future or present.

I would’ve worked harder in that gym shooting extra shots:russ:

Or studied to be an engineer :mjcry::mjlol:

Daps
Yea….. been a Designer for over a decade.

Earlier on was a “scruggling artist” type

Honestly….. I love being a designer and it opened a lot of doors for me and gave me access to a lot of shyt and I low key made some cool history.

But if I can go back, know the future or present.

I would’ve worked harder in that gym shooting extra shots:russ:

Or studied to be an engineer :mjcry::mjlol:

If you're in UX, why not go all the way and just turn to the dev part of it? Lowkey that's what I did. Started out as a graphic designer, then started doing website design and now I'm doing software development.

Not trying to tell you how to live your life though :hubie:

I too lived the struggle life. Crazy thing is back in the late 2010's, my career and business started taking off. And then in 2020, during quarantine, I said ":jbhmm: you know what? I want to be a developer."

Literally ended my career right when my name was becoming known and completely started over. It was tough, rough and probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Had a lot of dark moments, a lot of self doubt. Wondering if I made the right decision and all that jazz. I literally worked part time for the past 2 and a half years cause I needed extra time to study.

As of last month, life is coming back together for me and I'm getting back on top - where I belong :ufdup:

So many folks doubted me. A lot of folks didn't believe it was possible.

I got that rizz now tho :wow:

Daps
Amazon just got with me earlier this week. That was the sign for me. By September the floodgates should be open.

Yeah I think it's about to come back with a vengeance too.

Even though I got a position, I been considering applying just for the heck of it. I got nothing to lose. But if somebody hits me with a better offer..
:wow:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Those pre-pandemic TC numbers aren't returning anytime soon. Thought this was established.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Yeah they might be hiring cautiously right now but that's much better than mass layoffs
I mean my gig laid me off end of March and hired me back in May
CFO cac told me their projections look solid for the rest of the FY and are holding steady
In March I was laid off along with 18 others and 2 months later they asked me and 1 other to come back
:yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
If you're in UX, why not go all the way and just turn to the dev part of it? Lowkey that's what I did. Started out as a graphic designer, then started doing website design and now I'm doing software development.

Not trying to tell you how to live your life though :hubie:

I too lived the struggle life. Crazy thing is back in the late 2010's, my career and business started taking off. And then in 2020, during quarantine, I said ":jbhmm: you know what? I want to be a developer."

Literally ended my career right when my name was becoming known and completely started over. It was tough, rough and probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Had a lot of dark moments, a lot of self doubt. Wondering if I made the right decision and all that jazz. I literally worked part time for the past 2 and a half years cause I needed extra time to study.

As of last month, life is coming back together for me and I'm getting back on top - where I belong :ufdup:

So many folks doubted me. A lot of folks didn't believe it was possible.

I got that rizz now tho :wow:

I just love the design side. I don’t like to code, I really don’t even like the UX side of UX.

I’m more of a UI guy, but I understand in this field you kinda need to be both or more UX or Product Design.

But I love to build in Figma….

I’m kinda out of it now (long story) but definitely watching the market and the shyt with AI. Hopefully next year I’m gonna get something bigger again

That’s dope though with your journey, didn’t know you was in on this field too.

Are you part of AIGA or IxDA?