Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Got a Team Zoom interview this week, and if I’m lucky in person final round.

Pray for me brehs if I get this it’s potentially 20k more base.

praying-pray.gif
You got this :blessed:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got a Team Zoom interview this week, and if I’m lucky in person final round.

Pray for me brehs if I get this it’s potentially 20k more base.

praying-pray.gif

Nah, brehs ain't gotta pray when your W is inevitable. :wow:

You probably worked hard as shyt to get here. All that's left is for you finish off taking what you earned, breh. You got this.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I call :duck:. Probably 50% of Amazon staff is H1B indians. Them mofos aint gonna do shyt and will be just happy not to be part of the layoff round

Nah its happening....the slack channel for this is booming. They got a gang of people ready to do this dumb shyt.

The problem is, most of them fools gonna get laid off instantly. They think this is a one day demonstration :russ:

They severely over estimate their importance.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
So three HR reps from the company I’m interviewing with connected with me each within 5 mins of the other.

Is that a good thing brehs? :patrice:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea after the phone interview they bushed the other two roles I applied to and then the recruiter, interview coordinator, & hr success all hit me up.

Yeah, maybe it was a good thing, then. Might've been trying to get ahead of you seeing that the other two roles were gone, and make sure you knew you were still being considered, and all reached out without telling their counterparts.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Random, but this guy looks nothing like I thought he would :heh:

It's actually very interesting that he mentions he loves doing algorithms more than the actual job itself. I can't even blame him though, the job can be a total pain.

It is kind of ironic though how dude has helped so many people get jobs by passing coding interviews while he wants out of big tech.

Additionally he thinks hiring is about to pick back up soon over the next 6-12 months and says it already has started to so keep those skills sharp and keep your heads up.

Last edited:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Random, but this guy looks nothing like I thought he would :heh:

It's actually very interesting that he mentions he loves doing algorithms more than the actual job itself. I can't even blame him though, the job can be a total pain.

It is kind of ironic though how dude has helped so many people get jobs by passing coding interviews while he wants out of big tech.

Additionally he thinks hiring is about to pick back up soon over the next 6-12 months and says it already has started to so keep those skills sharp and keep your heads up.

It was always the plan. The headcount wasn’t the issue. The salaries, benefits, and amenities were. A lot of folks will be hired back or by different companies at much lower salaries than they had. :hubie:

I won’t cry for them. $300k to $120k :manny:

They can do an early retirement.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
My company has not had any layoffs but this morning I had a meeting re: GitHub Copilot. A few teams have been guinea pigs for the implementation of Copilot the last few months. Productivity results - problems that on average took 5 days to fix now take on average 13 minutes with these pilot teams. My team will be testing AWS Codewhisper the next four months. It's going to take time for companies to fully implement AI tech into their workflows, I expect another wave of cuts in 2024/2025.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My company has not had any layoffs but this morning I had a meeting re: GitHub Copilot. A few teams have been guinea pigs for the implementation of Copilot the last few months. Productivity results - problems that on average took 5 days to fix now take 13 minutes with these pilot teams.

really its these Junior roles who are in trouble imo

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was always the plan. The headcount wasn’t the issue. The salaries, benefits, and amenities were. A lot of folks will be hired back or by different companies at much lower salaries than they had. :hubie:

I won’t cry for them. $300k to $120k :manny:

They can do an early retirement.

Are the cuts that extreme? Damn