Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Things getting spooky out here. My company is expanding hiring overseas yet has froze hiring in the US.
:patrice:

One of these days every country on earth will be too poor to support these corporations, wether it be consuming or labor, and maybe, just maybe, people will wake up to the demonic, suicidal energy fueled rampages these industries love embarking on

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Things getting spooky out here. My company is expanding hiring overseas yet has froze hiring in the US.

My company has done this for years with offices in Mexico and Colombia and recently even Mexico and Colombia are offshoring to India lol. There’s so much money right now if you have offshore engineering. Imagine being in India and making even 1/4 of the us.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My company has done this for years with offices in Mexico and Colombia and recently even Mexico and Colombia are offshoring to India lol. There’s so much money right now if you have offshore engineering. Imagine being in India and making even 1/4 of the us.
I work with security teams all over the globe. And constantly have to adjust to their work schedule. While they do half the amount work that we do in the states. It's been like this at my last 3 companies.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of these days every country on earth will be too poor to support these corporations, wether it be consuming or labor, and maybe, just maybe, people will wake up to the demonic, suicidal energy fueled rampages these industries love embarking on
These Corporations will never run of people to exploit.

The Bangalore-based company reportedly gave them appointment letters offering about US$7,800 annually, but delayed their hiring for months on end. In early February (nearly four months later), Wipro gave them four days to decide whether they wanted to accept a salary cut in exchange for being hired right away.

Daps
Breh, I'm not ashamed to say that I used big brother AI for a lil help with this coding problem.

I hope they won't be able to tell. :wow:

I coded up the parts that I knew and then used AI to fill in some of the parts that I could have figured out, but would have had trouble figuring out quickly.

Hopefully I made the code my own enough where it won't look suspicious :wow:

I passed the coding test :mjgrin: gamechanger

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Any brehs ever took an offer from a company that laid them off?

On some they want that ol thing back?

I was laid off last month with one months severance. It's been crickets on LinkedIn and Indeed. Couple of interviews but they went with someone else. For now I've been Airbnb hustling my spot and cut out going out.

But just this morning they hit me up asking if I would consider coming back next month. Trying to make it sound like it was some extended vacay shyt.
Of course first thing I asked is well what about 3 months from now, 6 months from now...You're just gonna lay me off again if the math isn't mathing?
"Our projections look great, we were going to advertise the opening soon but figured we would hit you up first since you know the job don't need training etc"

I don't know brehs...
:jbhmm:

Forsaken

All Star
Daps

I was laid off last month with one months severance. It's been crickets on LinkedIn and Indeed. Couple of interviews but they went with someone else. For now I've been Airbnb hustling my spot and cut out going out.

But just this morning they hit me up asking if I would consider coming back next month. Trying to make it sound like it was some extended vacay shyt.
Of course first thing I asked is well what about 3 months from now, 6 months from now...You're just gonna lay me off again if the math isn't mathing?
"Our projections look great, we were going to advertise the opening soon but figured we would hit you up first since you know the job don't need training etc"

I don't know brehs...
Take the job and keep looking.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

I don't know brehs...
If you don’t have any options what choice do you have

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps

This is called "nearshore"

Indians are setting up shop in Mexico city and Guadalajara charging offshore rates but they on Eastern business hours

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

I don't know brehs...
Counter with a higher salary.