Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
1 month of pay. I had saved up and emergency fund and have assets I can sell so I'm not in full panic. Worst comes to worst I will get some type of overnight security job so I can work study and apply. I have no shame any more :francis: treat yourself well during this time. That first 2 months of being laid off I was angry as fukk
Be sure to sign up for them free aws and azure trials so you can play around with some cloud stuff to throw on your resume rather you work in cloud or not.

Lots of people hire for aws and it legit only cost you time and i think 150 for the entry cert to get in the game.

Don't let being laid off get to you breh it don't have nothing to do with you or the work you did it has everything to do with companies just looking to make an extra penny and the easiest way for a company to make money is to stop paying someone salary and benefits.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Any brehs ever took an offer from a company that laid them off?

On some they want that ol thing back?

I was laid off last month with one months severance. It's been crickets on LinkedIn and Indeed. Couple of interviews but they went with someone else. For now I've been Airbnb hustling my spot and cut out going out.

But just this morning they hit me up asking if I would consider coming back next month. Trying to make it sound like it was some extended vacay shyt.
Of course first thing I asked is well what about 3 months from now, 6 months from now...You're just gonna lay me off again if the math isn't mathing?
"Our projections look great, we were going to advertise the opening soon but figured we would hit you up first since you know the job don't need training etc"

I don't know brehs...
:jbhmm:
You should go back...keep looking...take new job...tell old job fukk em I found something better.

You got to be just as ruthless with these companies as they are with employees.

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
Be sure to sign up for them free aws and azure trials so you can play around with some cloud stuff to throw on your resume rather you work in cloud or not.

Lots of people hire for aws and it legit only cost you time and i think 150 for the entry cert to get in the game.

Don't let being laid off get to you breh it don't have nothing to do with you or the work you did it has everything to do with companies just looking to make an extra penny and the easiest way for a company to make money is to stop paying someone salary and benefits.
I got the first aws cert about a year ago. Now I've been learning C# and backend development. Being a front end dev in this market is hell. But I'm actually digging .net and c#. As soon as I put it on my LinkedIn I had a recruiter in my inbox

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
End of June is end of Q2. September is Q3.

It'll be interesting to see what happens then with how much companies have already laid off.
I’m thinking a lot of companies are hoping that summer bares profits in the economy, not tech specific, but if we have a “lackluster” summer then we could be seeing a lot more lay offs, in various companies, across multiple industries.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Any brehs ever took an offer from a company that laid them off?

On some they want that ol thing back?

I was laid off last month with one months severance. It's been crickets on LinkedIn and Indeed. Couple of interviews but they went with someone else. For now I've been Airbnb hustling my spot and cut out going out.

But just this morning they hit me up asking if I would consider coming back next month. Trying to make it sound like it was some extended vacay shyt.
Of course first thing I asked is well what about 3 months from now, 6 months from now...You're just gonna lay me off again if the math isn't mathing?
"Our projections look great, we were going to advertise the opening soon but figured we would hit you up first since you know the job don't need training etc"

I don't know brehs...
:jbhmm:
Make sure they pay you more

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
cot DAMN okay now I'm getting worried
We got a new VP of IT and this dude fired some Directors that's been there for years :merchant: I don't think he's been here 3 months yet :whoo:
That was March 5th. Since then we lost our Director of Security and we found out today the CIO was let go :why: :damn: I think they're getting straight up fired but still... this shyt is looking like a warzone