Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Damn :wow:
It might be to talk to you about realignment but your direct supervisor would be in that convo.

That’s what I thought maybe reorg or realignment but I’ve seen a ton of shytty layoff vids.

I asked HR directly and they gave me corporate double speak.

It’s a 15 min call with two other coworkers, but my boss won’t be there.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
That’s what I thought maybe reorg or realignment but I’ve seen a ton of shytty layoff vids.

I asked HR directly and they gave me corporate double speak.

It’s a 15 min call with two other coworkers, but my boss won’t be there.
That sounds a lot more like realignment. HR prefers 1:1 and giving next steps personally where/when they can.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
At this point breh, if these companies are not using JIRA, Kantata, etc as a skeleton for internally developed web portals/software they just suck.

Turn on the APIs and let it feed to an internally software that can support your departments.
Depends on your cloud environment. Cause in AWS them API calls going to cost you baby :mjgrin:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Wishing them the worst, industry full of smug pricks :dead:
We hate people outside of tech to.:mjlol:

Dumbasses in accounting telling me about some new cloud tool we need to install to give them some random information and then you ask to see some of their accounting reports and they say no and you come to find out they barely keeping track of 20 line items but they want some cloud based ERP system to do they job for them :mjlol:

Or "business analyst". Lawd have mercy "businessy analyst" :mjlol:. Nobody gives a shyt about your data tables.

We had to learn oracle cloud last year so that "business analyst" could use Oracle NetSuite. I asked them to give a demo this year and they declined...probably cause they don't even know how to use it. They going to learn though since I sent they department that 402k bill for turning up the infrastructure :mjlol:

Can't wait to watch the fukks squirm while executives ask them to justify the cost of something they don't even know how to use.:mjlol:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Depends on your cloud environment. Cause in AWS them API calls going to cost you baby :mjgrin:
That makes me wonder about a company wide application my team rewrote and migrated to Azure. That bytch gotta be hitting out pockets something fierce :mjlol: . I wonder when we'll decide to spin up another private cloud when that Azure bill starts looking like a phone number.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Saw a post recently on my Linkedin that somebody who got laid off by Indeed who got 10 years of experience (Senior and Lead Engineer) got declined on spot because he didn't have a CS degree. They told him straight up. Additionally worked at American Express and realtor.com for some years each.

Looks like he eventually got a job or at least some prospects, so don't get discouraged, but wow.
Some clients we work with require a degree even if it’s in some bs like astrology or palm reading :heh:

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
Hopefully you got a good package breh.
1 month of pay. I had saved up and emergency fund and have assets I can sell so I'm not in full panic. Worst comes to worst I will get some type of overnight security job so I can work study and apply. I have no shame any more :francis: treat yourself well during this time. That first 2 months of being laid off I was angry as fukk