Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Take the job and keep looking.

If you don’t have any options what choice do you have

Counter with a higher salary.

You should go back...keep looking...take new job...tell old job fukk em I found something better.

You got to be just as ruthless with these companies as they are with employees.

Make sure they pay you more
Salute to the brehs with dope advice. This is exactly what I did. Just confirmed they want me to start back June 1 and 6 figs same as before with 3% bump (for my pain and suffering I guess) and full bennies.

At the end of the day turned out to be a 2 month staycation and had to Airbnb my spot to make ends meet this month and not dip into my savings.

But now they put the battery on my back to find something better. I'll still keep looking and getting my PMP is my new purpose at work.

I wish success to all the laid off brehs going through it. I can breathe easier now and hope the same for you soon.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Any brehs ever took an offer from a company that laid them off?

On some they want that ol thing back?

I was laid off last month with one months severance. It's been crickets on LinkedIn and Indeed. Couple of interviews but they went with someone else. For now I've been Airbnb hustling my spot and cut out going out.

But just this morning they hit me up asking if I would consider coming back next month. Trying to make it sound like it was some extended vacay shyt.
Of course first thing I asked is well what about 3 months from now, 6 months from now...You're just gonna lay me off again if the math isn't mathing?
"Our projections look great, we were going to advertise the opening soon but figured we would hit you up first since you know the job don't need training etc"

I don't know brehs...
:jbhmm:
take it and keep looking just in case they want to hit you with the okie doke

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Salute to the brehs with dope advice. This is exactly what I did. Just confirmed they want me to start back June 1 and 6 figs same as before with 3% bump (for my pain and suffering I guess) and full bennies.

At the end of the day turned out to be a 2 month staycation and had to Airbnb my spot to make ends meet this month and not dip into my savings.

But now they put the battery on my back to find something better. I'll still keep looking and getting my PMP is my new purpose at work.

I wish success to all the laid off brehs going through it. I can breathe easier now and hope the same for you soon.
Salute, But also while you look for something else keep looking for ways to bring in your own income as well. Maybe keep doing the airbnb thing if possible.

Daps
For the folks that's looking for jobs... what helped me was expanding my network. I started talking to people and letting them know that I was looking, and one breh and I hit it off, and when a position opened up at his job, he told me about it and gave me a referral. I'm going to take care of him on the backend (this is TLR so :dame:), cause he didn't have to look out for me like that :wow:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

There's a light at the end of the labor-shortage tunnel, but will it last? Interest-rate hikes are leading firms to rein in hiring, and economists say they expect more balance between worker supply and demand by the year's end. Still, labor shortages are likely to crop up again soon, experts say. That's because the workforce is aging, causing "demographic drag" as older workers retire faster than younger workers can replace them. The U.S. workforce has lost 1.4 million workers due to aging since just before the pandemic, Moody's estimates.

People keep seeing these large lay off numbers but keep wondering how job creation reports keep coming in hot. Demographic cliffs are cancer and pretty much all major economies are shifting. This is a huge reason for the push for robotics and AI before real regulation exist beyond the traditional method of just upping immigration. For example: Germany has a plan to tackle a rapidly aging workforce: recruiting robots

In this market it should not be hard to rebound and find a new job even if it isn't your dream one. All the boomers are dying or retired and the gen z aren't eager to hop in the workforce.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

People keep seeing these large lay off numbers but keep wondering how job creation reports keep coming in hot. Demographic cliffs are cancer and pretty much all major economies are shifting. This is a huge reason for the push for robotics and AI before real regulation exist beyond the traditional method of just upping immigration. For example: Germany has a plan to tackle a rapidly aging workforce: recruiting robots

In this market it should not be hard to rebound and find a new job even if it isn't your dream one. All the boomers are dying or retired and the gen z aren't eager to hop in the workforce.
Hope you’re right :lupe:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

That's undoubtedly helped spur Ubisoft's decision to lean even more heavily on Assassin's Creed, with the publisher announcing plans to expand the team working on the series by 40% in the coming years. To achieve that target, which will bring the team's headcount up from 2,000 to 2,800, employees will be moved over from other franchises.

Man, I told myself I wouldn't work in the gaming industry again (spent nearly 2 years as full stack) unless I created a game of my own, but this is the first time in awhile I've seen really good news with a number like that.