Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Spence

Superstar
Daps
On Airbnb on avg for 3 months in Yokohama is 950-1500(utilities included), some a low as 600 a month. That’s 60% -70% decrease in rent for me.

Also add in the fact that the dollar is hella powerful over there too so you’re getting a 30% discount on everything.
All you’ll need to do is what’s called a passport run and head to Singapore or South Korea (even if only for a single day) to get your Japanese tourist visa renewed.

We stayed in the heart of Shibuya for half a month a few years back at about those same rates. Make sure to drop by an Onsen, the one at the Dormy inn in Asakusa had Fuji apples in the hot room sauna that gave off a really nice aroma. Had the place to myself as well which was also really nice, and there’s a view of the city from the hot tub itself.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
On Airbnb on avg for 3 months in Yokohama is 950-1500(utilities included), some a low as 600 a month. That’s 60% -70% decrease in rent for me.

Also add in the fact that the dollar is hella powerful over there too so you’re getting a 30% discount on everything.
I thought they said it was pretty expensive out there.

:ohhh::ohhh:

Good looks

:salute::salute:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Give us BS tools like this to work with all to lay people off smh. I hate Jira (although the tool at my last job was no better).

At this point breh, if these companies are not using JIRA, Kantata, etc as a skeleton for internally developed web portals/software they just suck.

Turn on the APIs and let it feed to an internally software that can support your departments.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

Give us BS tools like this to work with all to lay people off smh. I hate Jira (although the tool at my last job was no better).

People really hate Jira like that? I never had any problems with it.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
At this point breh, if these companies are not using JIRA, Kantata, etc as a skeleton for internally developed web portals/software they just suck.

Turn on the APIs and let it feed to an internally software that can support your departments.

People really hate Jira like that? I never had any problems with it.
Yeah last job used Hansoft which I'm guessing doesn't provide as many specific features as Jira, but I found it's interface cleaner for what we had to do.

I think I just had a bad experience with it last year when they converted people to the new view. Preferred the older layout and had a few bugs with tickets being moved around because of it. Could have been the project manager's fault or whoever was moving tickets as well. Additionally, some options that we used that were on the ticket page in the older view are now hidden behind menus.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
looks like I survived brehs but damn we gutted so many PMs & TPMs

thanos-gamora.gif

EDIT: may have spoken too soon HRBP reached out to me and 2 other guys for a “quick sync” later today.

Last edited:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
looks like I survived brehs but damn we gutted so many PMs & TPMs

thanos-gamora.gif

EDIT: may have spoken too soon HRBP reached out to me and 2 other guys for a “quick sync” later today.
Damn :wow:
It might be to talk to you about realignment but your direct supervisor would be in that convo.