Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Spence

Superstar
Daps
My job is in technical training for a large oil conglomerate, so unrelated to tech but i've been dabbling in data analytics lately (enrollments; pass; fail; no shows; test scores, region/gender/domain breakdowns, course compliance; etc;)

The higher ups signed off on me getting Power BI on my work laptop and taking one of those week-long Microsoft courses on analyzing/visualizing data on Power BI.. so i'm thinking fukk it let me get the Power BI Data Analyst cert. My question is are there any (other?) specific Microsoft Certs that are in demand? Like would it be a Power BI one and, say, the Azure Solutions Architect? That you guys are told to keep a look out for
Tableau

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Goofy ass Congress needs to do something about this instead of focusing on Ukraine.
It an do simple stuff.

But like...ask it to write a script to transfer your vmotion, vsan, and management network from a standard switch to a distributed switch. After you fix that outage you getting fired :mjlol:
They can still get rid of a lot of overhead with the "easy stuff". They will just hire a few engineers to work in coordination with AI and do the "clean up".

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Easier way in is Azure or GCP since they are smaller. Cloud skills translate and AWS is way more vanilla (easier to find and harder for you to stand out in a crowd) than being an expert on clouds that have smaller market share (thus less people in the talent pool).
On the flip side though, a lot more companies use AWS vs Azure and GCP thus making finding a job that require the latter two that much harder.

Im seeing this now because I restarted my job search last week (DevOps/SRE) and the job postings are way smaller than before

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
All I got is rent but if I get let go I’m breaking that shyt. I’m taking my RSUs & severance and bailing.

Can’t be waiting on another company to hire me.
I hear ya, I've made up my mind.

I'm passport broing it overseas until I land a fully remote gig, if I get let go.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
How cheap is it out there compared to where you at?

On Airbnb on avg for 3 months in Yokohama is 950-1500(utilities included), some a low as 600 a month. That’s 60% -70% decrease in rent for me.

Also add in the fact that the dollar is hella powerful over there too so you’re getting a 30% discount on everything.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
On the flip side though, a lot more companies use AWS vs Azure and GCP thus making finding a job that require the latter two that much harder.

Im seeing this now because I restarted my job search last week (DevOps/SRE) and the job postings are way smaller than before
Kind of. You can still land AWS jobs with Azure/GCP as some companies are cloud agnostic. Others just want you to have cloud experience regardless of which type, the advantage is you command a premium being a bigger fish in a smaller pond rather than a normal size fish in a gigantic lake.