Teams everyone hyped up but you knew they wasn't gonna win shyt

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Even tho they won the 08 Celtics and 04 Pistons would never have won if GOAT franchise didn’t have injuries and it shows cuz neither of them won shyt after that....:ufdup:

Not only did both of those teams win a title in convincing, blowout fashion, but they both were serious contenders for years after that and went to a close Game 7 in another Finals. :gucci:

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
2006 World Cup USA mens soccer. After impressing but losing in the quarters of the 2002 World Cup (they shoulda made the semis but :dry:), they were gassed HARD going into Germany 06. They were ranked 5th in the world going in. They were in the group of death with Italy, Czech Republic, & Ghana and got beat up, stabbed, and shot up.
Tossed out the group like
7W27.gif

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Why is this?

4 and 5 position can be taken advantage of by nuggets and lakers

They don't really present matchup issues.

Outside of kawhi and pg they have pick your poison one sided players who will either score or defend but not both.

But we will see. I have Lakers, bucks, nuggets being able to beat them

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
4 and 5 position can be taken advantage of by nuggets and lakers

They don't really present matchup issues.

Outside of kawhi and pg they have pick your poison one sided players who will either score or defend but not both.

But we will see. I have Lakers, bucks, nuggets being able to beat them
I think a frontcourt of Trez/Zubac/Morris/Green is enough for Denver when their best player in Jokic is arguably on the same level as the Clippers #2 and then Kawhi is a Top 5 player. It will be competitive but unless Jamal Murray takes a leap I don't see it.

The Lakers have a big loss with AB out and I think they have a lot of pick your poison guys also. AD HAS to match Playoff Bron for this to go their way.

I don't think losing to the team in the opposite conference makes you a pretender but I do think it'll be interesting to see how Giannis would deal with 2 All-NBA wings instead of 1. But the Bucks have the depth to get it done.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Half the time we were injured and not "hyped up" to be in this

After 2012 season we would have been lucky to get to ECF as we had no 2nd star and injured all the time

Even when Jimmy blew up we still had injuries that held us back
I just wish they had given D Rose a solid second option during those years. Boozer wasn’t terrible, just inconsistent. Some games he looked like Utah Jazz all star boozer, other games that nikka was straight ass

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
In 2003 when the Lakers got Malone and Payton everyone and their mama knew the Lakers would coast through the season and win the title. But the whole season i told my homeboy who was a Kobe Stan that the Lakers would implode somehow someway. And even though they ended up losing the series to the Pistons if they had Malone they may have made me eat my words by the end of the series though. Good thing Kobe was on his ultimate me shyt and forgot all about Shaq for the most part. They don't really fit the criteria since they were favorites but the thread title did say teams that YOU knew weren't gonna win shyt.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Not only did both of those teams win a title in convincing, blowout fashion, but they both were serious contenders for years after that and went to a close Game 7 in another Finals. :gucci:

Team was injured, they ain’t amount to shyt after their wins. Mainly because the opponent they beat was weakened by injuries. I’m at least willing to listen to an argument for Detroit because the roster wasn’t built right.

But Boston? Yeah fukk that, if Bynum/Ariza was out there we win in 08.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
The Charlie Weis Notre Dame teams. Specifically the second season he was there. The first one was a surprise season so they got hyped the second season (ranked #2 entering the season), but I knew that if they faced any real competition they’d get smoked and that’s what happened when they faced real competition (Michigan, USC, and LSU). Not even close in any of those games.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Team was injured, they ain’t amount to shyt after their wins. Mainly because the opponent they beat was weakened by injuries. I’m at least willing to listen to an argument for Detroit because the roster wasn’t built right.

But Boston? Yeah fukk that, if Bynum/Ariza was out there we win in 08.

Ariza was out there though. :gucci:

And an older, WORSE version of that Boston team was handling a better Lakers team 3-2 in 2010 until Perk got hurt, but y'all trying to claim that the raw version of your team would have beat the peak Celtics in 2008. :mjlol:

Y'all got blown out 130-92 in the deciding game of 2008 and think Bynum would have made all the difference, but when anyone points out that Boston was up 3-2 until Perk got hurt in 2010 and still only lost Game 7 83-79, you wanna claim Perk don't make no difference. Bynum at 20yo in his first real postseason would have been a 40-point difference in Game 6 AND a road win in Game 7, but an experienced 25yo Perkins ain't worth 5 points in one game. :dead:

Perkins would have locked Bynum the fukk up in 2008. When a better Bynum came through in 2010 he only averaged 7 points, 5 boards, and a block on 45% shooting and couldn't guard KG for shyt when the Celtics put him at center. But you have a less experienced version dominating the court in 2008. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Detroit handled you 4 games to 1 with three of the wins by double-digits, and you're bytching that a player who was out there 30+ minutes a game wasn't in perfect health. You're bytching that a 40yo man was playing hurt. Sorry, that's whiny as fukk. Malone was 40 fukking years old and retired the second the season ended, you get what you get. Kobe was gonna get goaded into hero-ball and Malone was gonna get handled by Sheed no matter how healthy he was. fukk, y'all KNOW Kobe ain't passing the ball to Malone at that point in the season anyway with what was going on between them.

And that same Detroit team was 1 point away from winning the title in 2005. They were some suspect officiating away from beating the Heat and going to the Finals (where they probably beat the Mavs) in 2006. It took an all-time great game from LBJ to keep them from getting a rematch with the Spurs in 2007. And then played a hard-fought ECF against the Celtics (every single game was decided by single-digits) in 2008, putting up a much better fight than your Lakers did.

It's just dumb that you claimed you knew they wouldn't win anything, when not only did they win a title but they then proved for five straight years that they were a legit contender and it wasn't no fluke.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The Charlie Weis Notre Dame teams. Specifically the second season he was there. The first one was a surprise season so they got hyped the second season (ranked #2 entering the season), but I knew that if they faced any real competition they’d get smoked and that’s what happened when they faced real competition (Michigan, USC, and LSU). Not even close in any of those games.

I have five years of receipts of an email back-and-forth with a nationally known sports reporter / Notre Dame booster where I'm making the argument that Weis ain't shyt and only beats easy teams from his FIRST season there. This fool still couldn't admit that the White boy wasn't shyt even after he finally got fired. :stopitslime: