TDE Is A Bigger Label Than Death Row, Says Problem: 'They Had A 4-Year Run'

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I can't believe this is even an argument people are entertaining. nikkas have to prove to me that TDE is even more successful than Murda Inc or G Unit in their prime. Lol.
Shady aftermath might be bigger than death row. :patrice:

Em, Dre, unit, slaughterhouse, alchemist, Griselda
, the djs, d12.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Ya'll slurp Suge way too much on here. Death Row wasn't some unapologetically Black label. That would be No Limit Records. Suge Knight squandered a lot of opportunity playing super thug. Yes, Death Row pioneered, but we can't act like that label was what its made out to be on here. Most of that label's success was due to Dre and it followed the Ruthless blueprint. People act like Jimmy Iovine wasn't helping pull strings over there or that Dre wasn't more important than Suge specifically because he was involved in the music and things crumbled once he left.

Breh, the snippets from the book "Have Gun, Will Travel" says otherwise. Suge and em really ran the game with the black fist.

Yes, Suge was all over the place, but dude made sure the music game was in his big ass palms, along with the artists dropping in due time.

No Limit is a weird argument because Priority still had a bit of hands on P's deal and nevermind how the company threw P and em in the bushes along with the issues involving the masters.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:francis: While this is true, Death Row had the 215 a poppin. Far from the fukkery recognition.

• Above the Rim soundtrack was a big deal (Summer of 94 bangers left and right)
  • Gin and Juice was a huge fukking deal as the whips had the block jumping
  • Hell I remember Philly DJs spinning death row mixes in 95 (Radioactive hour on Power 99)
This goes beyond the fukkery as hip hop in the 90s as a whole was always into the shyts. With that insight, heads would be all over TDE with their constant in-house fighting, subliminal foolishness, and etc. Yet, it doesn't help that the head honcho treats album releases like Al Bundy on the couch :camby:
No one is arguing that death row wasn't huge.

The entire argument presented is around longevity and we saw that longevity end in real time due to th same fukkery that made them great.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Ya'll slurp Suge way too much on here. Death Row wasn't some unapologetically Black label. That would be No Limit Records. Suge Knight squandered a lot of opportunity playing super thug. Yes, Death Row pioneered, but we can't act like that label was what its made out to be on here. Most of that label's success was due to Dre and it followed the Ruthless blueprint. People act like Jimmy Iovine wasn't helping pull strings over there or that Dre wasn't more important than Suge specifically because he was involved in the music and things crumbled once he left.
You're a bad boy stan. Why should anyone take you seriously on this subject :mjlol: you couldn't take to see people praying Suge and had to interject with your bullshyt. Worry about puffy not going to jail nikka

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I can't believe this is even an argument people are entertaining. nikkas have to prove to me that TDE is even more successful than Murda Inc or G Unit in their prime. Lol.

Its blowing my mind :deadrose: . Like dudes are forgetting that at one point of the game Murda Inc was on the verge of being a supergroup with Death Row. Also the ties involving Rocafella and Ruff Ryders. TDE couldn't even drop the fukking Black Hippy album. At least Murder Inc gave us not one but two albums involving the labelmates:

images

220px-Irv_Gotti_Inc.jpg

Like the revisionist history is killing me :why:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
No one is arguing that death row wasn't huge.

The entire argument presented is around longevity and we saw that longevity end in real time due to th same fukkery that made them great.

Death Row still got heads talking though despite the label being dead (I know Snoop is in charge but lmaoz). Meanwhile, Schoolboy dropped his album this year and it came and went. Hell, I didn't realize that Sir dropped months ago :why: . I hate their work ethnic because it's lazy as fukk and damn near trollish. Its like if its not Kenny, his cousin, or SZA...its like pulling teeth to make heads realize that you have magic in the camp. This is coming from a big TDE head, but I checked out the moment they played around with Reason (I know dude sucks, but somebody likes his raps).

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're a bad boy stan. Why should anyone take you seriously on this subject :mjlol: you couldn't take to see people praying Suge and had to interject with your bullshyt. Worry about puffy not going to jail nikka

Post had nothing to do with Bad Boy records. Not one mention of a Puff or Bad Boy until you mentioned them. To me, Puff and Suge in the same boat. Both of them have dirty hands. Never understood how one gets propped as a hero over the other.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Post had nothing to do with Bad Boy records. Not one mention of a Puff or Bad Boy until you mentioned them. To me, Puff and Suge in the same boat. Both of them have dirty hands. Never understood how one gets propped as a hero over the other.

Its not even about whose the hero in the argument because both of them are pieces of demonic shyt, but the fact remains that one label, the crew was eating despite the drama, and the other had the artists contemplating gunplay, refrigerators, and hands being put on the CEO that so happens to be all in the videos :francis:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, the snippets from the book "Have Gun, Will Travel" says otherwise. Suge and em really ran the game with the black fist.

Yes, Suge was all over the place, but dude made sure the music game was in his big ass palms, along with the artists dropping in due time.

No Limit is a weird argument because Priority still had a bit of hands on P's deal and nevermind how the company threw P and em in the bushes along with the issues involving the masters.

Suge musically is a joke. Tell me exactly what Suge did to make sure the music game was in his palms.

You can't compare Priority's hands in No Limit and overlook Interscope's hands in Death Row. We can even look at what P did for Snoop post Death Row.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not even about whose the hero in the argument because both of them are pieces of demonic shyt, but the fact remains that one label, the crew was eating despite the drama, and the other had the artists contemplating gunplay, refrigerators, and hands being put on the CEO that so happens to be all in the videos :francis:

Breh, both of those labels have disgruntled artists who had less than nice words to say about the execs. Snoop is on record saying he didn't see any real mkney until No Limit. Why is that? He was the biggest rapper, and one of the biggest artists in the world atbone point. How was he not seeing money? Dr. Dre bounced. 2Pac got killed.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Death Row still got heads talking though despite the label being dead (I know Snoop is in charge but lmaoz). Meanwhile, Schoolboy dropped his album this year and it came and went. Hell, I didn't realize that Sir dropped months ago :why: . I hate their work ethnic because it's lazy as fukk and damn near trollish. Its like if its not Kenny, his cousin, or SZA...its like pulling teeth to make heads realize that you have magic in the camp. This is coming from a big TDE head, but I checked out the moment they played around with Reason (I know dude sucks, but somebody likes his raps).
Yea old heads

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Suge musically is a joke. Tell me exactly what Suge did to make sure the music game was in his palms.

You can't compare Priority's hands in No Limit and overlook Interscope's hands in Death Row. We can even look at what P did for Snoop post Death Row.

• Had a cohesive schedule
  • Allowed the artists to do their biddings in the booth (not being all in the videos, intros, and etc)
  • Gave Pac a second chance in the game after being shytted on
As far as P is concerned, dude was my idol at one point, but while he got Snoop out of that nasty deal, he fukked over his main camp by focusing on himself, than letting his artists elevate beyond (soldier, thought I told ya, and having fukking posse cuts left and right). Also, P didn't fully paid BBTP for their contributions to the label. P may have been the lesser of two evils and did his thing on some (independent black own) shyt, but he was no different from any other CEO.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Breh, both of those labels have disgruntled artists who had less than nice words to say about the execs. Snoop is on record saying he didn't see any real mkney until No Limit. Why is that? He was the biggest rapper, and one of the biggest artists in the world atbone point. How was he not seeing money? Dr. Dre bounced. 2Pac got killed.

• Snoop's argument was mainly wanting to be a boss (of course as a artist you would want to evolve from getting pennies), also Snoop always fabricating shyt, so you never know if its cap or the weed making it like he was getting fukked entirely over.
  • Dre bounced because he didn't want to get involved with the nonsense (I don't blame him)
  • Pac got killed because of foolishness
This is not answering the fact that each of the artists got their due with the Row. Snoop got well known as the hottest in the label, but it doesn't help that the second album was as forgettable as all hell. Dre still was thriving and actually got out of a nasty ass deal involving Eazy and em. Suge made it possible for Dre to at least get a piece of the fortune that was long overdue to him.

Pac nuff said.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  • Snoop's argument was mainly wanting to be a boss (of course as a artist you would want to evolve from getting pennies), also Snoop always fabricating shyt, so you never know if its cap or the weed making it like he was getting fukked entirely over.
  • Dre bounced because he didn't want to get involved with the nonsense (I don't blame him)
  • Pac got killed because of foolishness
This is not answering the fact that each of the artists got their due with the Row. Snoop got well known as the hottest in the label, but it doesn't help that the second album was as forgettable as all hell. Dre still was thriving and actually got out of a nasty ass deal involving Eazy and em. Suge made it possible for Dre to at least get a piece of the fortune that was long overdue to him.

Pac nuff said.

You could make the same argument for the other guys, it doesn't change the fact that the artists were disgruntled.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  • Had a cohesive schedule
  • Allowed the artists to do their biddings in the booth (not being all in the videos, intros, and etc)
  • Gave Pac a second chance in the game after being shytted on
As far as P is concerned, dude was my idol at one point, but while he got Snoop out of that nasty deal, he fukked over his main camp by focusing on himself, than letting his artists elevate beyond (soldier, thought I told ya, and having fukking posse cuts left and right). Also, P didn't fully paid BBTP for their contributions to the label. P may have been the lesser of two evils and did his thing on some (independent black own) shyt, but he was no different from any other CEO.

Master P>>> Suge as a CEO.