TDE Is A Bigger Label Than Death Row, Says Problem: 'They Had A 4-Year Run'

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
True. I still feel like Pac's music sold itself.

Kurupt just said that they put "everything" behind Pac so he could be successful when he first signed. But Pac was already Pac. He was on the dopest label at the time, he was going to succeed. But he was stepping into an environment that ultimately got him killed. Dre left because of that same vibe there. So did Snoop. So all Suge had to do was leave out that element, and make sure his artists were good, and they could've ran sh*t.

Problem is, everyone doesn't deserve power and to be in that position. Ego and insecurities f*cked Suge up. And it cost them everything.
Yeah coming off Me Against the World and fresh outta the Pen, Pac was gonna be Pac no matter what. If we were in an alternate universe I'd love to see what happens if Pac never gets shot, but still has to do the time for the case he got convicted on and still gets out in October 95. I think we get an album closer to Makaveli than AEOM.

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps

Looking at current day hip hop, there’s way more cats that could’ve been in Odd Future instead of cats that seem more TDE. There’s more weird, young black people than ever before.

Doja Cat is a huge pop star from Cali, that came out after them and she is more Odd Future looking than TDE looking.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Looking at current day hip hop, there’s way more cats that could’ve been in Odd Future instead of cats that seem more TDE. There’s more weird, young black people than ever before.

Doja Cat is a huge pop star from Cali, that came out after them and she is more Odd Future looking than TDE looking.
:mjlol:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are several types of delusional if you don't see that TDE has effectively lasted longer than Death Row and produced several superstars.

Not many labels can have multiple platinum artists that aren't a major label themselves.

In the contemporary Hip-Hop/R&B landscape few can compete.

Daps
But he was stepping into an environment that ultimately got him killed. Dre left because of that same vibe there. So did Snoop. So all Suge had to do was leave out that element, and make sure his artists were good, and they could've ran sh*t.

Problem is, everyone doesn't deserve power and to be in that position. Ego and insecurities f*cked Suge up. And it cost them everything.

if you think about it, it boils down to personalities. cuz top and them from the same environment and got like 4 different sets representing on the label.
they just not on that goofy shyt that suge was. and we already know pac was a lil crazy too but that's my guy tho. it is what it is

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Hell no. Outside of Kendrick and maybe Q their label is an afterthought for most people. Overall ain't nobody thinking about TDE as a record label.

I do think Death Row didn't maximize its talent like other Hip-Hop labels at the time. Yeah, they were making millions but that one album a year cycle wasn't a good blueprint in terms of showcasing talent.

So many great albums could've been released during '92-'96 from artists like Jewel, Michel'le, Rage, Danny Boy, and a few others. As successful as Death Row was there are still a lot of “what ifs” regarding the label.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
You are several types of delusional if you don't see that TDE has effectively lasted longer than Death Row and produced several superstars.

Not many labels can have multiple platinum artists that aren't a major label themselves.

In the contemporary Hip-Hop/R&B landscape few can compete.

TDE has lasted longer but the impact isn’t the same .

Throughout history there are many labels that did what TDE did and more..TDE should be compared more to Rap-A-Lot not Death Row ,