TDE Is A Bigger Label Than Death Row, Says Problem: 'They Had A 4-Year Run'

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
For real like who the fukk is checking for Zacari and RayVaughn

Hammer was the biggest artist in the world at one point and was on Death Row. Kendrick at his apex wasn’t bigger than Hammer.

Who on TDE is bigger than, equal or even close to Pac, Dre, Snoop, Daz/Kurupt, Rage, Nate (who blew up after he left DR) — or even Suge, who was on magazine covers.

The base criteria has to be Ruthless since DR is on another level and TDE doesn’t even have anyone remotely close to the DOC

Shǐt, there’s never going to be a TDE version of this

tumblr_ni6f37XiJE1qzbwkjo1_500.jpg

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hammer was the biggest artist in the world at one point and was on Death Row. Kendrick at his apex wasn’t bigger than Hammer.

Who on TDE is bigger than, equal or even close to Pac, Dre, Snoop, Daz/Kurupt, Rage, Nate (who blew up after he left DR) — or even Suge, who was on magazine covers.

The base criteria has to be Ruthless since DR is on another level and TDE doesn’t even have anyone remotely close to the DOC

Shǐt, there’s never going to be a TDE version of this

tumblr_ni6f37XiJE1qzbwkjo1_500.jpg

Prime Hammer was not on Death Row. I agree that TDE isn't bigger than Death Row. There's several artists on TDE bigger than Rage. A few on par with Daz/Kurupt. And none that are really what Pac, Dre, and Snoop were.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That was Johnny Cochran not Suge and according to Snoop, Suge was not the one paying for his legal fees. C-Murder's feelings toward P have nothing to do with business. C-Murder would also tell you P put his whole family in position to eat.
Bro. The jury was at the Death Row party after. Everyone who was on Death Row knows Suge pulled them strings brodie. Lol. Snoop just an ungrateful b*stard. Lol.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Prime Hammer was not on Death Row. I agree that TDE isn't bigger than Death Row. There's several artists on TDE bigger than Rage. A few on par with Daz/Kurupt. And none that are really what Pac, Dre, and Snoop were.

Who on TDE is even at Daz/Kurupt level (both who I kinda consider underachievers)?

The fact that TDE is even being compared to Death Row is laughable but for fun we can dissect this whole thing. As I said in another post, TDE isn’t even Ruthless level when it comes to impact, legacy and presence in the music/genre landscape.

The shǐt that went down at Ruthless made the industry shift and in those days NWA didn’t even have access to the kind of promo machine that TDE theoretically has at its disposal — even tho it’s largely reserved for Kendrick.

But I can think of at least 5 other labels (and I don’t mean Bad Boy) that have been far more impactful. When you look at TDE you don’t anticipate ANYTHING they have coming down the pipeline because Kendrick isn’t an album every 2 years artist, SZA finally has a little run and everyone else is just everyone else.

Look at No Limit, they had insane hype around their release schedule and getting their albums was almost like getting a comic book. You knew something was coming the following week because the damn booklet said so — and it was true

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most empire reigns are short-lived, but it doesn't negate their everlasting impact:lupe::ehh: