Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tay got that. These top tier nikkas going to stop ducking him too :ufdup:

Tay round 1, clearly. Tay round 2 was :wow:

The dose line, organize, Paul Walker :wow:

If you gave this battle to JC you're probably one of his hired internet dikkriders

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maaaaaan y'all be switching y'all stances on shyt like crazy lol.... I'm just judging PURE bars from now on, like I used too..... fukk a performance.... Because of y'all, and y'all ONLY.. (Because none of my dudes watch battle rap besides a couple) I started looking at the totality of these battles.. Performance, flow, delivery you know the "other" shyt y'all was so big on.... NOW nikkas doing 180's and saying "just listen to the bars" y'all do that shyt depending on who battles... I recently peeped that shyt.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
This is a dope battle outside of JC's 2nd. Yall sound crazy all of a sudden actin like performance and all that other shyt don't matter. Not that JC doesn't have any of that, roc just has all of that stuff to the max. He's just more entertaining and can take over a crowd. That shyt matters.

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
Tay roc edged the first
Then he Bodied the second
JC took the third

Don't debate me, I been watching battle rap longer than 90% of this forum.

Tay won this. Even the round JC won he wasn't even saying anything THAT crazy

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
7 goddamn hours &it's not fixed i don't wanna have to watch it on my phone

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I don't think anyone is saying performance doesn't matter at all but performance should be used when the bars are close. For example, I edge Hitman against JJDD cause their bars were close but Hitman put on a better show

But when the bars aren't remotely close, you can't say someone won cause they danced around the stage better.

Not that I get this technical when watching, but if I had to put a percentage on things

Bars: 70%
Delivery: 20%
Crowd control (part of performance): 5%
Stage Presence (part of performance): 5%

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I don't think anyone is saying performance doesn't matter at all but performance should be used when the bars are close. For example, I edge Hitman against JJDD cause their bars were close but Hitman put on a better show

But when the bars aren't remotely close, you can't say someone won cause they danced around the stage better.

Not that I get this technical when watching, but if I had to put a percentage on things

Bars: 70%
Delivery: 20%
Crowd control (part of performance): 5%
Stage Presence (part of performance): 5%
I'd agree if JC bars were just ridiculous but it was just normal JC. He was WAY better vs zone. I thought he killed him. Thats me though, I don't think JC got killed. First is close. JC has problems with people who outperform him imo.
In the end its 50% bars and 50% performance to me without breaking it down into more categories. Only way performance is less important to me is if you got some wild ass bars on some chilla shyt. Even then its still a major factor.

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
JC relies too much on homonyms and switching up words.

He always saying shyt like
"You use a punch line I line my punch"

He gotta go back to when he had dope lines, wordplay isn't his strong point

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I have never said in any scenario that it was all bars

But it is a huge difference between getting love for being a great performer

And a group of dudes going crazy over "I laid my Mac down she knew I wasn't trying to fukk" like really that's worth repeating? That is "say it again" worthy? Screw the fact it was a rehashed yung ill bar how about "laid my Mac as in spitting game and the gun has been done literally a million times. Yet this still gets screamed for

Performing is projection in a crowd, being animated and not choking stumbling and remembering all yo shyt

Not being amused cause some fat murder mook looking dude is behind roc screaming at literally everything and judging reactions in a room of people who have a ton of different reasons why they root for whatever and going along cause they like screaming "that's light"

Fine line between respecting performance and just going along blindly as a fan

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JC won the 1st and 3rd rounds.

Roc did good but the crowd was overhyping the shyt out of his bars