• JC

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Debatable

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Bad match up. Roc 3-0 not a body just different styles. nikkas wasn't trying to hear that technical shyt from JC lol.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
now i remember why i stay out of the battle threads after i post my opinion. You nikkas will never convince me JC won that and you nikkas will never admit roc won

@cornercommission2k12

The Bars over everything wasnt really directed at you or anybody. I just put it there cause it fit and nikkas never bring it up until a dude loses to someone they think hes better than.Those be the same cats who wont watch KOTD battles cause its "nerdy white guys battling" Oh and FYI - Rex lost to ill. He got 3-0'd in a 1 rounder.

But yeah, you battle to win the room fukk everything else. No one writes rounds to thinking "when this hits youtube its gonna be a problem" If it hits in the room its gonna hit on youtube but that doesnt mean it'll work the other way around. You spit some lyrical miracle spiritual in your swimming pool bar that the crowd doesnt get and you lose them, then the other guy gains momentum, then what. Every crowd is different. Your line could go over or you could crickets.

Secondly, Joe Buttons isn't a respected MC and is obviously bias cause his couch got 3-0'd an he seems to know JC. All of a sudden the room was full of simpletons praising mediocre shyt but them same simpletons was also cheering for the nikka sleeping on his couch shyt when clips was handing him his ass. If that was Surf vs JC and surf spit them tay roc rounds would he have said the crowd was cheering for mediocre shyt? I'm supposed to believe buttons watches enough battles to have a legit opinion when hes shocked the crowd was fukking with roc like that

You JC stans need to be real with yourselves, dude didn't show up AGAIN against a vet and he lost.
JC stan-"all rocs bars were light" / Completely ignores JC saying he was gonna spit throwaways and came light by JC standards
JC stan-"the crowd was gassing roc" / Acts like JC was getting the verb treatment and he wasn't getting cheers, oohs, and ahhs with chances to get the crowd.
JC stan- "nobody is fukking with JCs pen game"/still hasn't figured out how to rebuttal or cut off the dance video bar we all know is coming
JC stan-"JC wold kill lux"/ watches him lose to anybody he battles mid tier and up and is having close battles with TODD

Dudes keep trying to give JC the win cause of how they feel about him. Nobody here but me had a problem with tay roc until he beat JC. He did the same exact thing in the ill will battle and no one said anything except roc got him well guess what? He got JC too. Stop trying to steal his win.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Bad match up. Roc 3-0 not a body just different styles. nikkas wasn't trying to hear that technical shyt from JC lol.
small room style vs. main stage style

that nikka daylyt just did a blog breaking that shyt down along with this battle and made alot of good points

sidenote: this is one of the shyttiest threads i've seen for a battle in a long time :scusthov: , yall really going this hard over this battle, shyt wasn't even a classic :manny:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Dudes keep trying to give JC the win cause of how they feel about him. Nobody here but me had a problem with tay roc until he beat JC. He did the same exact thing in the ill will battle and no one said anything except roc got him well guess what? He got JC too. Stop trying to steal his win.
This is the main thing. lol this is the exact tay roc that spazzed on ill will and everyone was fine with that :russ:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
now i remember why i stay out of the battle threads after i post my opinion. You nikkas will never convince me JC won that and you nikkas will never admit roc won

@cornercommission2k12

The Bars over everything wasnt really directed at you or anybody. I just put it there cause it fit and nikkas never bring it up until a dude loses to someone they think hes better than.Those be the same cats who wont watch KOTD battles cause its "nerdy white guys battling" Oh and FYI - Rex lost to ill. He got 3-0'd in a 1 rounder.

But yeah, you battle to win the room fukk everything else. No one writes rounds to thinking "when this hits youtube its gonna be a problem" If it hits in the room its gonna hit on youtube but that doesnt mean it'll work the other way around. You spit some lyrical miracle spiritual in your swimming pool bar that the crowd doesnt get and you lose them, then the other guy gains momentum, then what. Every crowd is different. Your line could go over or you could crickets.

Secondly, Joe Buttons isn't a respected MC and is obviously bias cause his couch got 3-0'd an he seems to know JC. All of a sudden the room was full of simpletons praising mediocre shyt but them same simpletons was also cheering for the nikka sleeping on his couch shyt when clips was handing him his ass. If that was Surf vs JC and surf spit them tay roc rounds would he have said the crowd was cheering for mediocre shyt? I'm supposed to believe buttons watches enough battles to have a legit opinion when hes shocked the crowd was fukking with roc like that

You JC stans need to be real with yourselves, dude didn't show up AGAIN against a vet and he lost.
JC stan-"all rocs bars were light" / Completely ignores JC saying he was gonna spit throwaways and came light by JC standards
JC stan-"the crowd was gassing roc" / Acts like JC was getting the verb treatment and he wasn't getting cheers, oohs, and ahhs with chances to get the crowd.
JC stan- "nobody is fukking with JCs pen game"/still hasn't figured out how to rebuttal or cut off the dance video bar we all know is coming
JC stan-"JC wold kill lux"/ watches him lose to anybody he battles mid tier and up and is having close battles with TODD

Maybe most of what u posted is towards spud idk cause I don't see what it has to do with my opinion

Budden a is a respected mc, he is seen as a great lyricist by all of his peers. But suddenly instead of dealing with the battle at hand y'all continue to want to run to alterior motives to why we think roc lost. For buddens it's cause he came at surf, for us y'all saying its cause we just like jc although none of us know the dude personally and all of us admit he got slaughtered by 100 bulletz, but let me guess we like bulletz better? Lol

Many of us were talking about the irony of Tay rock screaming " that's light" over bars that were really "that light" I don't know how you forgot that and saying we said nothing. Thing is will was trash that battle and Tay roc def won. No go back to the b magic battle. Same arguments, many of us complained how Tay roc bars were getting heavily gassed just like now.

Nobody is being a Stan cause nobody likes these nikkas that much I just call it how I see it. Y'all making excuse for mediocre shyt. "It was real goon shyt" " I just felt his shyt more" now daylyt saying the same shyt I was saying guess he got something personal against Tay roc too since its impossible for anybody to not root for Tay Tay unless its something hidden there.

As I stated before the reason so many people complain about these big name battles when they drop, because these dudes more concerned about catch phrases and simplified shyt so it can win in the room instead of being purist and true to the culture being the best lyricist you can be being as creative as you can be. Only worrying about winning in the room is why all the classics have been in small crowds.

Now instead of taking the scapegoat way out and looking for alterior motives and labeling everybody stans, can you tell me really, how did Tay win this outside of a blanket ass " he killed him" okay how?! If you saying "get close ill dose you up" deserves a major reaction and needs to be repeated again cause that's real "goon shyt" them cool that's your opinion you entitled to it

I just disagree strongly. That's just more of a crowd riding with the more simpler dumbed down shyt and not having the sober mind enough to follow jc fully. That's just my opinion

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

@cornercommission2k12

:rudy:

Millz

The Art of Disrespecting
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam

lol yeah idk who to believe..

they did cut the wack nikka off twice and jc did end his rounds weird, but i didn't see the lights go on in jc's final round like he claimed so:yeshrug:

I do think Smacks uncle should've just booked jc again and pay him less/not at all, instead of this 2 minute shine he 's goin forby puttin this out

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Exactly. I think people don't understand a "Bar" doesn't have to be a metaphor.
That's one of the points I was trying to make in my post...tay roc doesn't have the most creative punches with the dopest multis and shyt but he has bars and knowns how to deliver em
Bar that ain't a metaphor/simile or with wordplay but is delivered ill and worded creatively even if it ain't all that crazy (aka can be just straight gully shyt lol)

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Uncreative, tired poorly constructed punchline/forced wordplay

Nothing sadder than a good idea for a punchline or wordplay terribly executed.
Exactly

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

@cornercommission2k12

Actually a lot of battlers write to win on Youtube. Verb himself said it so did Daylyt and others. They don't battle to win in the room because that's a small percentage of people there, Youtube is millions and will be there forever. Nearly every battle someone said someone lost in the room when it hits Youtube it's ends up being debatable or more people think the superior rapper won.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And there's NOTHING funnier than people acting like if you have a different opinion of them on a battle then you're bias. Very rarely is that the case, there are some obvious times when people lost a battle but people still try to give them the win, this isn't one of those times. If you think JC won or if you think Tay Roc won you can make a legit argument for either one. People got to stop with the "you nikkas are Stan's of rapper X" trying to disqualify others opinions as "bias" when that's clearly not the case. People use that as a crutch when they don't have much faith that they can valid their opinions without attacking others. If you believe in your judging of the battle you wouldn't have to try to discredit other people's opinions to express yours.

This battle isn't Cali/Lux or Bigg k/Suge or Conceited/Jesse James where it's clear cut no debate who won. This is a highly debatable battle and you can make a case for both battlers. I think this battle is similar to Surf/Hollow where the people on both sides know it's close but are still steadfast in their belief of who won. In other words, even tho it's close, people are extremely decided on who they personally think won for whatever their reasons may be, which is what's causing so many arguments in this thread.

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LXXkOfaB_normal.jpeg
Hollow Da Boss (@HollowDaDonLOM)
09/01/2014 05:54
Its some battle rappers that have more bars than me just like its NBA players that shoot the 3 better than Lebron...but we the total package

100% agree with this statement. Some of these battlers are only great at punching or schemes etc.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I understand what Hollow is saying but you can't compare shooting threes to bars. Shooting threes is a very niche skills set and isn't a requirement to being a good player. Having bars is the foundation to any battler. Writing is first. You can work on everything else if you have the talent to write good rhymes. You can always learn how to perform, improve your delivery, rebuttals etc.

In basketball analogy it's closer to equating bars to scoring ability. For example Magic Johnson wasn't that great a scorer but he was a great all around player.