• Debatable

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
How am I disrespectful? You just said Ill Will isn't one of the best/not ready because he hasn't battled anybody... Who has Lux faced on the level of Zay, B Magic, Danja Zone and Tay Roc? The nicest person Lux has face was Nuborn in newborn stage. Cal was iight, but he's trash now. On Mook's best day he'd get wash by these new PG dudes.
:dead:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
How am I disrespectful? You just said Ill Will isn't one of the best/not ready because he hasn't battled anybody... Who has Lux faced on the level of Zay, B Magic, Danja Zone and Tay Roc? The nicest person Lux has face was Nuborn in newborn stage. Cal was iight, but he's trash now. On Mook's best day he'd get wash by these new PG dudes.
You doin too much now lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall constantly forget about the RAP part of the word "battle rap"

why wouldnt those same standards yall use for mainstream/underground rap music apply to battle rap?.....I always see "Best Voice/Delivery/Flow/Lyrics/Charisma" threads in the Booth...im sure some of yall have participated in them...does all of that not count just cause its battle rap? it's just bars now? ok lol

Battle Rap is still Rap but the "battle" aspect just changes things a bit because now there is more emphasis on coming up with punchlines, metaphors and personals but that doesnt mean you should ignore all other aspects of the craft...Tay Roc had better charisma, vocal projection, energy, delivery and overall lyrics that 1st round imo...Tay Roc spit straight goon shyt that round...a few haymakers but mostly straight goon shyt...none of them punchlines but they hit like a punchline because of, delivery, timing and energy like y2dre said...yall need to come to the realization that...just cause its not a punchline, metaphor or personal doesnt mean thats its not a bar and just cause its not a punchline doesnt mean that it wont hit like one....a lot of Grindtime cats had all the punchlines, personals and metaphors in the world but dudes still call them corny...why? because they lacked charisma and all the other aspects of the craft so yall wasnt fukkin with they shyt...it didnt move you or speak to you..same reason why a dude like J. Cole could never talk that shyt like Jadakiss talks it and why a nikka like Shotgun Suge who's supposedly trash and doesnt have bars still has fans

Preach!. This is why i never can really understand the term "filler"......if "filler" is just battle bars that have dry spots then ok, but people throw out that word so much they just discredit dope bars in general. There is no guideline for writing battle bars, sadly almost everyone forgets that. You can't really blame us as fans though, damn near everybody has been doing the same shyt for a few years, so now we are accustomed to a bunch of regular corny shyt, in layman terms it's very low on creativity and originality in battle rap. Cats like Day,Jc, Lotta, Ah Di Boom and Danny Myers are breaths of fresh air to be honest.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You doin too much now lol

I hate to say but @Spud34 is actually right as far as Mook at least. As much as i debated that Mook still got it, he can't do nothin' with the new breed of today. Mook never evolved unlike Lux who just somehow went on an entirely different planet just from the miles battle, let alone what he did to Cal. Lux bars against Miles can still rival the lyrics of today's battle rappers, none of us can say that about Mook.

At same time @Spud34 you still wildin'......Lux can easily either 2-1 or 3-0 everybody you named, not saying they wouldn't have some shyt, but Lux skill set is still the toughest to deal with imo. I'm talkin' about the killer in Lux who just been hidin' on some waldo sh!t, not the conscious power to the people lux lol.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
And I think people have a misunderstanding of the concept of what people mean when they say "bars"

Just because it is a punchline/metaphor doesn't make it in anyway a better bar than something that isn't a metaphor/punchline

For example: "I'll have so many cans in the back of your car the license plate will read "We Just Got Married" - Dizaster

That is technically a punchline, but it's trash so it doesn't get much props as a line just because it's a metaphor. It's still trash

But: "That 40 always with me I left the mac at home, when I strap it on you can see the print with the jacket on!"-Hitman Holla is not a punchline/metpahor at all but it's a dope "Bar" and it's cold as fukk

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think This is bad... Watch when it's confirmed b-magic loses to Ill Will lol

I might just download that battle and not even read them damn youtube comments, Will is dope don't get it fukked up, but i just don't see him 3-0 Magic, 2-1 cool i can co-sign that but not a shut out.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I hate to say but @Spud34 is actually right as far as Mook at least. As much as i debated that Mook still got it, he can't do nothin' with the new breed of today. Mook never evolved unlike Lux who just somehow went on an entirely different planet just from the miles battle, let alone what he did to Cal. Lux bars against Miles can still rival the lyrics of today's battle rappers, none of us can say that about Mook.

At same time @Spud34 you still wildin'......Lux can easily either 2-1 or 3-0 everybody you named, not saying they wouldn't have some shyt, but Lux skill set is still the toughest to deal with imo. I'm talkin' about the killer in Lux who just been hidin' on some waldo sh!t, not the conscious power to the people lux lol.

I disagree, Mook could beat a lot of these PG nikkas. I was never the biggest Mook fan but y'all really underselling him badly. He's great at picking angles and his rhymes aren't special for this time period, but he's still good enough to say some solid shyt lyrically. Based of delivery and angles he'd beat a lot of rookies.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I think people have a misunderstanding of the concept of what people mean when they say "bars"

Just because it is a punchline/metaphor doesn't make it in anyway a better bar than something that isn't a metaphor/punchline

For example: "I'll have so many cans in the back of your car the license plate will read "We Just Got Married" - Dizaster

That is technically a punchline, but it's trash so it doesn't get much props as a line just because it's a metaphor. It's still trash

But: "That 40 always with me I left the mac at home, when I strap it on you can see the print with the jacket on!"-Hitman Holla is not a punchline/metpahor at all but it's a dope "Bar" and it's cold as fukk

Damn near every hitman quotable isn't a punch or metaphor, it's some ill shyt because he performs his shyt out like a damn genius. Reloadin' used bullets is the dumbest shyt ever, but i'd be lyin' if i said i ain't have the jayblac face when he spit that remix

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Damn near every hitman quotable isn't a punch or metaphor, it's some ill shyt because he performs his shyt out like a damn genius. Reloadin' used bullets is the dumbest shyt ever, but i'd be lyin' if i said i ain't have the jayblac face when he spit that remix

Exactly. I think people don't understand a "Bar" doesn't have to be a metaphor.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree, Mook could beat a lot of these PG nikkas. I was never the biggest Mook fan but y'all really underselling him badly. He's great at picking angles and his rhymes aren't special for this time period, but he's still good enough to say some solid shyt lyrically. Based of delivery and angles he'd beat a lot of rookies.

True, trust me i was defending Mook to the fullest after the Iron battle, ask corner i stayed debating him about Mook and if he still has it, the young hot battle was mook's last stand at greatness.....one of the greatest body bags in battle rap. Can he bring that type of heat in today's era, to some of the new breed that's actually crazy with it and get a W i don't know.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Bar that ain't a metaphor/simile or with wordplay but is delivered ill and worded creatively even if it ain't all that crazy (aka can be just straight gully shyt lol)

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Uncreative, tired poorly constructed punchline/forced wordplay

Nothing sadder than a good idea for a punchline or wordplay terribly executed.