Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Debatable

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Y'all are giving 1 side to the its more than bars argument

The side where we said " you still gotta have bars" !!

It's a combination of it all. Problem is for some, it's all about who hitting harder in the room for y'all. Looking at some of your post you would assume jc was standing there talking low and uninspired like X factor vs clips and Tay roc was wilding like hitman 1st vs Todd. Just stop it. Tay Tay is basic as hell in his animation and crowd control. Jc is a much better performer IMO .

shyt if it was just all about performance why is DNA and tech 9 not higher on y'all list. They are solely based in performance. Just right now they not the in thing to get behind and right now Tay roc is.

Being in this culture I just notice it's consistent mc's and then there are fan favorites. Right now IMO Tay roc just a fan favorite until some point they will turn on him the same way they turned on hitman, surf, verb, they starting to turn on b magic and hollow too. Fans are funny like that

Me I go on a battle to battle basis. Not to ride the wave of some people they trying to claim on a killing spree or they the fan favorite at the moment

Respect mc like joe budden can admit dude was gassed up. Easy route is to call people Stan's and claim people have some personal rift with Tay roc sorry maybe just maybe some of that shyt is a bit overhyped. 12 pages and I have not seen 1 dude post a hot crazy Tay roc bar and I'm sure if you do it will be the same couple of ones where as jc had plenty of great shyt yea he had some filler but overall some great shyt
Real talk. JC wasn't really saying shyt this battle.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
"i'll beat this nikka like the soda machinewhen my dollas stuck" :beli:

"dots aint seen nobody with this many bucks since donald trump" :beli:

"You gotta call 9 eleven, my nikkaz plane bomb on them" :beli:

"i always look in a bulls eye when Im targetin" :comeon:

For every rapper i intimitade, i eliminate, u got no bars, u just imitate and manipulate, u aint a criminal, u incriminate" :beli:

Damn near Roc whole 3rd round was "light" with the exception of the line when he said "if i feel like yall rob me, then ima rob him" "how u bet 2 racks, but sleepin on another nikkas couch" (but somebody already said that about Surf)

I fux with Roc, but u cant say he was spazzin all 3 rounds. nikkaz was gassin alot of his bars. Roc has the ability to sell alot of his bars with agression and his sets ups make some of em sound crazy. I'll give Roc his credit on that and Roc is good for at least 6 good haymakers too
ROC is 90% goon bars. He's effective at his lane.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
bu,bu,but its bars over everything :troll: and ill had the better bars so how does that work? :patrice:

Roc had the better all around showing. It is what it is. You guys just gotta deal with it.

We can't keep changing the rules on the fly to favor battlers we like.
Props to the troll sign cause I really don't see how bars over everything applies to me when I have never said bars over everything. That argument has to go to others

I never changed the rules maybe others have not me. I been judging battles the exact same way from the jump. Hell in the big t vs hollow battle I said quote "big t had better bars than hollow but hollow out performed big t and big t dropped the ball in the 3rd" I was acknowledging then it wasn't just all about bars.

Big t and b magic and chilla are all guys I was on record saying needed to step they performance up. I have never ride the bars over anything angle. I have always been about the total package

With that said with performance you still gotta have bars!! That can't become lost in this. People gotta stop supporting people with they struggle lyricism but they scream it real loud win it in the room ass resumes. You want to know why we done had So many events with huge names and on twitter people "in the room" posting like all these battles crazy but when the battle is posted it's a ton of disappointment? It's because the fan base not demanding that these dudes step up and deliver great lyricism which translate well on YouTube.

These dudes prepare now solely to win in the room. And can you blame them? When it seems the fan base only cares about that why work on creative bars and angles? I would just work on catch phrases some simple shyt people can catch easily in the room and some funny personal shyt. Fans seem to get behind that more anyway.

I'm telling y'all the pg dudes don't need to waste they time in this shyt.

Last edited:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
for the record i still have Tay edging JC 2-1.

Round 1-Roc (debatable)
Round 2-Roc (clearly)
Round 3- JC

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Only way Will can beat Magic is if he comes with some wild unorthodox schemes we've never heard before.

Will and Adhi Boom are in that same category. They can beat anyone with the right scheme, plus they got crazy animation and energy.
Ill Will is gonna be a problem.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Battle rap is more than just bars and schemes. It's an art, you could have the craziest lines but if your delivery, timing, and energy isn't there then they're not gonna hit.
yall constantly forget about the RAP part of the word "battle rap"

why wouldnt those same standards yall use for mainstream/underground rap music apply to battle rap?.....I always see "Best Voice/Delivery/Flow/Lyrics/Charisma" threads in the Booth...im sure some of yall have participated in them...does all of that not count just cause its battle rap? it's just bars now? ok lol

Battle Rap is still Rap but the "battle" aspect just changes things a bit because now there is more emphasis on coming up with punchlines, metaphors and personals but that doesnt mean you should ignore all other aspects of the craft...Tay Roc had better charisma, vocal projection, energy, delivery and overall lyrics that 1st round imo...Tay Roc spit straight goon shyt that round...a few haymakers but mostly straight goon shyt...none of them punchlines but they hit like a punchline because of, delivery, timing and energy like y2dre said...yall need to come to the realization that...just cause its not a punchline, metaphor or personal doesnt mean thats its not a bar and just cause its not a punchline doesnt mean that it wont hit like one....a lot of Grindtime cats had all the punchlines, personals and metaphors in the world but dudes still call them corny...why? because they lacked charisma and all the other aspects of the craft so yall wasnt fukkin with they shyt...it didnt move you or speak to you..same reason why a dude like J. Cole could never talk that shyt like Jadakiss talks it and why a nikka like Shotgun Suge who's supposedly trash and doesnt have bars still has fans

Charlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

why wouldnt those same standards yall use for mainstream/underground rap music apply to battle rap?.....I always see "Best Voice/Delivery/Flow/Lyrics/Charisma" threads in the Booth...im sure some of yall have participated in them...does all of that not count just cause its battle rap? it's just bars now? ok lol

Battle Rap is still Rap but the "battle" aspect just changes things a bit because now there is more emphasis on coming up with punchlines, metaphors and personals but that doesnt mean you should ignore all other aspects of the craft...Tay Roc had better charisma, vocal projection, energy, delivery and overall lyrics that 1st round imo...Tay Roc spit straight goon shyt that round...a few haymakers but mostly straight goon shyt...none of them punchlines but they hit like a punchline because of, delivery, timing and energy like y2dre said...yall need to come to the realization that...just cause its not a punchline, metaphor or personal doesnt mean thats its not a bar and just cause its not a punchline doesnt mean that it wont hit like one....a lot of Grindtime cats had all the punchlines, personals and metaphors in the world but dudes still call them corny...why? because they lacked charisma and all the other aspects of the craft so yall wasnt fukkin with they shyt...it didnt move you or speak to you..same reason why a dude like J. Cole could never talk that shyt like Jadakiss talks it and why a nikka like Shotgun Suge who's supposedly trash and doesnt have bars still has fans
:blessed:
Exactly.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Fixed. Let's dead this PG/top tier stuff. He's one of the better battle rappers RIGHT NOW.

If nggas made a new top 10 thread, Ill Will, Born and zone would all make my list. fukk that almost ready shyt. Out with the old shiity nikkas, In with that new.

how this nygga aint really battle nobody
and I think he lost to Lotta Zay on BET

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl

Exactly. People just get used to hearing the same shyt over and over and thats all they wanna hear.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
okay, so post the "real goon shyt" that tay roc said

go ahead ill wait :pachaha:

but anyway

my idea of "real shyt" being said that is not necessarily a punchline, or wordplay or scheme, but still lands like a punch is swave telling suge "when you knock out a nikka your height or shorter its expected, but when you knock out a nikka twice ya size its respected" please post what tay tay said any close to that "goon"

or math exposing rex for getting his chain snatched and he aint do shyt, or rosenberg calling bigg k out for not being there for his brother, or big kannon getting at m ciddy for not really being from pontiac or detroit. again post what tay tay said that is close to that type of real.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Yeah I'm not sure why people are claiming corner is "bars over everything" type when he was one of the few that didn't think Lux killed Calicoe like others did, even though Lux's bars were obviously significantly superior in that battle.

In fact, I'm not sure 99% of this board thinks bars is the ONLY thing that matters. It's obviously the most important but definitely not everything