• Debatable

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching it again, it's 2-1 Roc, not 3 zip like I thought first.

I don't know man, I don't even fukk with Roc but he came ready as fukk. One of the problems with JC lately is that he spits too many average bars with so much conviction that it comes out corny. I study these dudes a lot. Tay Roc's "That's light" works for him because if he spits an average bar, saying "That's light" after it kinda makes it hot if he follows it up wit something dope. Then on the other if he spits some crazy shyt and does his "That's light" adlib, it works coz it's extra cocky.

He won.

But he ain't even in my top 10. I still rate JC over him but JC lost. Clearly. No debatin.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@RichYung
The thing about it is that it wasn't like he was doing some Hitman remix shyt, he would say something simple like "get closer and I'll dose you out" semi-aggressively and the crowd would go insane nearly before the bar was intelligible. It was beyond gassed. There is performance and then there's the crowd making an above average performance look GREAT. That is what happened here. Tay Roc has crazy energy, but even things that he said lazily were getting "ooohs" from the crowd. He could say that same stuff in a less favorable venue and get half the reaction. I'd be tight too if I was JC....the same way Magic was tight. What everyone is saying is that he didn't sell his lines in such a way that any of us feel that it warranted that response, he wasn't saying stuff that hit to the ribs. Literally everything he said got some sort of response, it was nuts. Surf saying, "AND THEN WHAT" was dope...him breaking down Conceited's upbringing with the high schools was dope....the mac line from Tay Roc did not warrant those sorts of responses. It just didn't. But there is a point that maybe the crowd's overgassing is turning people against Tay Roc in this battle too because even I was watching it with that JC face after a certain point.
I feel what you saying.... But as far as the "dose you out line" that people keep nit picking at, that shyt was part of a scheme.... People were snapping before he even said that.... That line just Drew another "ohhhhh" in the middle of the scheme.

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
Battle rap is more than just bars and schemes. It's an art, you could have the craziest lines but if your delivery, timing, and energy isn't there then they're not gonna hit.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Battle rap is more than just bars and schemes. It's an art, you could have the craziest lines but if your delivery, timing, and energy isn't there then they're not gonna hit.
That's what I thought.... That's how people (on here) told me to judge battles... shyt I'm not gonna lie, I used to just be like "son, bars were better he won" I didn't give a fukk about anything else. Ever since I changed that I've actually enjoyed the battles more.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Nope.... I thought Roc, was gonna lose..... I forgot what thread it was when the battle got announced.... Y'all can KEEP that "rooting" shyt... I thought Roc, was in trouble.... I just know Lux, isn't losing a battle, PERIOD... He's more lyrical auto-win... No matter what.

Another thing.... Do we think B-Magic got out-barred by ill Will??? no way Magic lost.... He won... I KNOW he has better bars. See what I'm saying?
You know everyone's gonna say b magic won when that drops right :lolbron:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
How could he lose???? Ill Will ain't Hitman with the performance, and he can't rap better than Magic... 3-0 Magic.
nikkas just like what they like. People get used to everyone spittin the same way so when someone doesn't have the same type style they get hate. I'm sure nikkas will be sayin ill will dont got bars like that when that shyt drops.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas just like what they like. People get used to everyone spittin the same way so when someone doesn't have the same type style they get hate. I'm sure nikkas will be sayin ill will dont got bars like that when that shyt drops.
Yup.... You know it.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
RD 1 slight edge to JC. RD 2 ROC clearly. RD 3 another close one, JC by a
nose. RD 2 by ROC was the hardest overall.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
@RichYung
The thing about it is that it wasn't like he was doing some Hitman remix shyt, he would say something simple like "get closer and I'll dose you out" semi-aggressively and the crowd would go insane nearly before the bar was intelligible. It was beyond gassed. There is performance and then there's the crowd making an above average performance look GREAT. That is what happened here. Tay Roc has crazy energy, but even things that he said lazily were getting "ooohs" from the crowd. He could say that same stuff in a less favorable venue and get half the reaction. I'd be tight too if I was JC....the same way Magic was tight. What everyone is saying is that he didn't sell his lines in such a way that any of us feel that it warranted that response, he wasn't saying stuff that hit to the ribs. Literally everything he said got some sort of response, it was nuts. Surf saying, "AND THEN WHAT" was dope...him breaking down Conceited's upbringing with the high schools was dope....the mac line from Tay Roc did not warrant those sorts of responses. It just didn't. But there is a point that maybe the crowd's overgassing is turning people against Tay Roc in this battle too because even I was watching it with that JC face after a certain point.
ROC spits bully bars. He on that goon shyt and does it damn near better than everyone else. nikkas get hyped off that goon shyt. He aint the most lyrical rapper out there but he got a good mix of all other attributes to make it hard to beat him. Ironically, Ill Will is in a similar situation as Roc.
Y'all can't mad at nikkas like Roc and Ill Will for having crowd control which is one of the attributes necessary for success.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Y'all are giving 1 side to the its more than bars argument

The side where we said " you still gotta have bars" !!

It's a combination of it all. Problem is for some, it's all about who hitting harder in the room for y'all. Looking at some of your post you would assume jc was standing there talking low and uninspired like X factor vs clips and Tay roc was wilding like hitman 1st vs Todd. Just stop it. Tay Tay is basic as hell in his animation and crowd control. Jc is a much better performer IMO .

shyt if it was just all about performance why is DNA and tech 9 not higher on y'all list. They are solely based in performance. Just right now they not the in thing to get behind and right now Tay roc is.

Being in this culture I just notice it's consistent mc's and then there are fan favorites. Right now IMO Tay roc just a fan favorite until some point they will turn on him the same way they turned on hitman, surf, verb, they starting to turn on b magic and hollow too. Fans are funny like that

Me I go on a battle to battle basis. Not to ride the wave of some people they trying to claim on a killing spree or they the fan favorite at the moment

Respect mc like joe budden can admit dude was gassed up. Easy route is to call people Stan's and claim people have some personal rift with Tay roc sorry maybe just maybe some of that shyt is a bit overhyped. 12 pages and I have not seen 1 dude post a hot crazy Tay roc bar and I'm sure if you do it will be the same couple of ones where as jc had plenty of great shyt yea he had some filler but overall some great shyt