• Total voters

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Like Joe Budden said "I'm sad JC had to be in a room full of idiots cheering mediocre bars" and "I could write a bunch of Tay Roc bars in seconds to prove my point"

If you think Tay Roc won, I have no problem with that. We all have our opinions. The point I think the people who think JC won are trying to get across is that, pen wise JC was far superior this entire battle and it wasn't like JC was going bonkers, he was his regular self, which is significantly superior to regular Tay Roc (which it what we got)

If we got the Tay Roc that battled Rich Dolarz or maybe B Magic, I think he would've won. But we got the average Tay Roc and his amount of energy and crowd gassing couldn't make up for the gap in bars between JC and him

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Don't get it fukked up either, I enjoy Tay Roc's battles pretty much all the time and his style of rapping, but he's limited when he's not on his A game lyrically. And he's rarely to that level

"I let the fo spit, dome hit
Leave your brains all out in the street like it's homeless" Tay Roc kinda bar

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight bet.... Chilla Jones will never lose a battle again. No matter what.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aight bet.... Chilla Jones will never lose a battle again. No matter what.

Lol I see what you're saying but Chilla has been out barred in battles before though. Chilla has a lot of crazy schemes, but there have been times when his schemes were kinda corny or didn't hit. I think M Ciddy outbarred him for one or it was at least close. I gotta watch again. And a lot of people think Young Kannon outbarred him to. I'm not one but still.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I myself think roc is cool, he not one of my favs but he has a plethora of great battles you can't take that away from him

But I been only asking for people to give a valid reason why Tay Tay won. All I'm getting is blanket statements "roc killed him" but not a good reason why

Sounds more like people are just rooting for roc instead of judging the battles individually

Don't get it fukked up either, I enjoy Tay Roc's battles pretty much all the time and his style of rapping, but he's limited when he's not on his A game lyrically. And he's rarely to that level

"I let the fo spit, dome hit
Leave your brains all out in the street like it's homeless" Tay Roc kinda bar
:damn: that's light!

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol I see what you're saying but Chilla has been out barred in battles before though. Chilla has a lot of crazy schemes, but there have been times when his schemes were kinda corny or didn't hit. I think M Ciddy outbarred him for one or it was at least close. I gotta watch again. And a lot of people think Young Kannon outbarred him to. I'm not one but still.
This is my thing..... On THIS very site... We had a "who got out barred and still won?" Or something like that .... So why are nikkas OUTRAGED now when that shyt happens lol??? I'm all confused now man.... A thread like that shouldn't exist if people have problems with that result.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I myself think roc is cool, he not one of my favs but he has a plethora of great battles you can't take that away from him

But I been only asking for people to give a valid reason why Tay Tay won. All I'm getting is blanket statements "roc killed him" but not a good reason why

Sounds more like people are just rooting for roc instead of judging the battles individually

:damn: that's light!
Nope.... I thought Roc, was gonna lose..... I forgot what thread it was when the battle got announced.... Y'all can KEEP that "rooting" shyt... I thought Roc, was in trouble.... I just know Lux, isn't losing a battle, PERIOD... He's more lyrical auto-win... No matter what.

Another thing.... Do we think B-Magic got out-barred by ill Will??? no way Magic lost.... He won... I KNOW he has better bars. See what I'm saying?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This is my thing..... On THIS very site... We had a "who got out barred and still won?" Or something like that .... So why are nikkas OUTRAGED now when that shyt happens lol??? I'm all confused now man.... A thread like that shouldn't exist if people have problems with that result.

I feel what you're saying, and I remember that thread. It might be different people though bro. And it could also be an issue where people don't think that really happened at all in this case.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel what you're saying, and I remember that thread. It might be different people though bro. And it could also be an issue where people don't think that really happened at all in this case.
Yeah, I know... It depends on who's battling... I know GOOD and damn WELL that Roc, can't out rap JC... But people flip-flopping all crazy with how they judge these shyts... A nikka will be like "Chilla has to perform better... He doesn't have good projection and he's dull" shyt meanwhile I'll be like fukk the extra shyt his bars were WAY better... Basically nikkas ain't consistent with how they judge shyt.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Like Joe Budden said "I'm sad JC had to be in a room full of idiots cheering mediocre bars" and "I could write a bunch of Tay Roc bars in seconds to prove my point"

If you think Tay Roc won, I have no problem with that. We all have our opinions. The point I think the people who think JC won are trying to get across is that, pen wise JC was far superior this entire battle and it wasn't like JC was going bonkers, he was his regular self, which is significantly superior to regular Tay Roc (which it what we got)

If we got the Tay Roc that battled Rich Dolarz or maybe B Magic, I think he would've won. But we got the average Tay Roc and his amount of energy and crowd gassing couldn't make up for the gap in bars between JC and him
I'd probably compare this tay roc with the one that battled magic, its just that magic is a bit better than JC so he won clearly imo. I can't disagree with what you're saying though.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
This is a dope battle outside of JC's 2nd. Yall sound crazy all of a sudden actin like performance and all that other shyt don't matter. Not that JC doesn't have any of that, roc just has all of that stuff to the max. He's just more entertaining and can take over a crowd. That shyt matters.
@RichYung
The thing about it is that it wasn't like he was doing some Hitman remix shyt, he would say something simple like "get closer and I'll dose you out" semi-aggressively and the crowd would go insane nearly before the bar was intelligible. It was beyond gassed. There is performance and then there's the crowd making an above average performance look GREAT. That is what happened here. Tay Roc has crazy energy, but even things that he said lazily were getting "ooohs" from the crowd. He could say that same stuff in a less favorable venue and get half the reaction. I'd be tight too if I was JC....the same way Magic was tight. What everyone is saying is that he didn't sell his lines in such a way that any of us feel that it warranted that response, he wasn't saying stuff that hit to the ribs. Literally everything he said got some sort of response, it was nuts. Surf saying, "AND THEN WHAT" was dope...him breaking down Conceited's upbringing with the high schools was dope....the mac line from Tay Roc did not warrant those sorts of responses. It just didn't. But there is a point that maybe the crowd's overgassing is turning people against Tay Roc in this battle too because even I was watching it with that JC face after a certain point.

Last edited:

Millz

The Art of Disrespecting
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
This is a dope battle outside of JC's 2nd. Yall sound crazy all of a sudden actin like performance and all that other shyt don't matter. Not that JC doesn't have any of that, roc just has all of that stuff to the max. He's just more entertaining and can take over a crowd. That shyt matters.

Tay rollin his eyes like a bytch and yellin and shyt is the performance yall dig?

Even the way he started the battle the 1st few bars to that sodamachine bar hell even Roc swore to god that was light:russ:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JC stans
triple-h-angry.gif

And they're going to ignore the fact that the crowd was trying to give JC reactions, but he just said literally one or two hot bars with no energy.

This aint a cypher, it's a battle :camby: