Taxing Niccas With No State Income Tax.. Official #5 Mavs vs #4 Clippers Playoff Thread

Who you got?

• Total voters

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Harden looked washed last night. Multiple plays where he couldn’t elevate or finish. And whistles to bail him out.
Clippers are stuck between a rock and a hard place with him.

He's gonna be 35 before his next contract kicks in and his best days are far behind him, but the Clippers can't let him leave because they need big names to open up their new stadium. Maybe there are some truly delusional fans out there that think next year will finally be the year that Kawhi stays healthy for a playoff run.

I would let him walk TBH

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

:dead:

Facts tho, nyggas talkin wild about they don't need Kawhi like this past week was their first time watching any of these other characters on their team.

When Shaq and Charles were talkin about Kawhi needs to just be a corner man if he returns, and Kenny was lookin at them crazy.. it was clear Kenny was the only one who actually paid attention to LAC that year.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think the issue was the Clippers were shook that Kawhi was gonna sign with the Lakers if they didn’t trade for PG like he asked. I don’t believe Kawhi was going to the Lakers to be in Bron’s shadow after winning finals MVP. Clippers should’ve just convinced Kawhi to be patient for one season and keep SGA.
Doc Rivers said in 2020 that he was the one who brought up PG13 to Kawhi, who never had George on his radar. Prior to, Kawhi was on a recruiting spree, reaching out to KD and then Butler to see if either would wan to join him. KD confirmed this in an interview and iirc Butler did in a separate interview.

Doc said he sold Kawhi on how they could bring George and then later had to convince Balmer to do it after he made the promise that it'd be easy work. Of course now in 2024 that SGA is mvp caliber, Doc is back taking that he was the one trying to keep SGA in LAC. The truth is LAC (Doc) bid against themselves.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the issue was the Clippers were shook that Kawhi was gonna sign with the Lakers if they didn’t trade for PG like he asked. I don’t believe Kawhi was going to the Lakers to be in Bron’s shadow after winning finals MVP. Clippers should’ve just convinced Kawhi to be patient for one season and keep SGA.
The issue is that the Clippers thought he was MJ because of a fadeway just like everybody else in 2019 :mjlol: and jumped out the window for him despite all of the injury red flags. The irony is that if he goes to the Lakers and they win chips he actually gets the credit. Kyrie been living off a shot for almost a decade. If Kawhi goes there and they win a couple chips for that franchise in his hometown shooting fadeways :mjlol: folks woulda made him GOAT. Instead he is the poster child for load management and likely a big part of the reason we got the 65 game minimums and destroyed the future for what was a young scrappy playoff squad with 2 max slots. But hey...that fadeway :mjlol:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
These are the Clippers that people talk themselves into believing in every year :mjlol:
nikkas said the Clips were gonna win the chip in February like we haven't seen this exact script play out the past 4 years :dead:

Let me guess, next year is the year everyone stays healthy and they make a run right :skip:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Clippers are stuck between a rock and a hard place with him.

He's gonna be 35 before his next contract kicks in and his best days are far behind him, but the Clippers can't let him leave because they need big names to open up their new stadium. Maybe there are some truly delusional fans out there that think next year will finally be the year that Kawhi stays healthy for a playoff run.

I would let him walk TBH
I was at the game last night and it was one of the worst performances I've ever seen for a home playoff game. Cats actually just want to see some fun fast paced basketball for a change, even if it is taking a step back from being a contender for a year or two. But I take it PG and Harden will be back. Kawhi is resigned for his usual 45-50 games a season. I don't see Westbrook playing over Bones next season if he's still on the team. Norm might be moved with the new CBA kicking in. It's do or die on Friday.

good pups

Pro
Supporter
Daps
went to the game. it's gotta be depressing to play for the clippers. mavs fans in every section, audible mvp chants for luka.

depressing to be a clippers fan too. crowd got loud when they went on a little run, then silence after the mavs answered. mavs fans taunting them. and all your stars could be injured at any moment. PG was suddenly out of the game after he hit two huge threes...is he out because he tweaked something? you have no clue.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
went to the game. it's gotta be depressing to play for the clippers. mavs fans in every section, audible mvp chants for luka.

depressing to be a clippers fan too. crowd got loud when they went on a little run, then silence after the mavs answered. mavs fans taunting them. and all your stars could be injured at any moment. PG was suddenly out of the game after he hit two huge threes...is he out because he tweaked something? you have no clue.
I was there. Clipp fans were hyped asf and wanted to go ham in until the product on the floor got worse and worse with each passing minute, and then the lead stretched to 30 points. That's when the Mavs fans in attendance got vocal. What can we do tho when the team literally doesn't show up for a big playoff game at home?

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Went to game 1 and building wasn't even full and man what a weird performance from the Mavs. This series been up and down but yeah Mavs physical esp since the trade deadline. Shame Kawhi hurt again before the playoffs. Clips got to go younger after this series

good pups

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I was there. Clipp fans were hyped asf and wanted to go ham in until the product on the floor got worse and worse with each passing minute, and then the lead stretched to 30 points. That's when the Mavs fans in attendance got vocal. What can we do tho when the team literally doesn't show up for a big playoff game at home?
yeah good point. first quarter was loud when they were going back and forth. my section was like half LOUD drunk mavs fans (also some little screaming mavs fan kids: "that's why they call him WestBRICK!!") so probably coloring my perception. felt by the time the second quarter rolled around crowd was out of sorts, totally dead to start the third.