Taxing Niccas With No State Income Tax.. Official #5 Mavs vs #4 Clippers Playoff Thread

Who you got?

• Total voters
Daps
Here we go again. What is this the 3rh, 4th time the Mavs and Clippers met in the playoffs THIS DECADE? :why: We already know how this is going to go:
Another Game 5 road win by the Mavs :beli:
Another Game 6 road win by the Clips :unimpressed:
Another Game 7 home win by the Clips :russell:
Lol this series is over buddy

lib123

All Star
Daps
Clippers are stuck between a rock and a hard place with him.

He's gonna be 35 before his next contract kicks in and his best days are far behind him, but the Clippers can't let him leave because they need big names to open up their new stadium. Maybe there are some truly delusional fans out there that think next year will finally be the year that Kawhi stays healthy for a playoff run.

I would let him walk TBH

I wonder how much they'll offer Harden? Even $40M over 2 years seems like an overpay now given his age and game last night. And no other team would offer him more than the mid-level given his declining play and loose cannon personality.

lib123

All Star
Daps
I was at the game last night and it was one of the worst performances I've ever seen for a home playoff game. Cats actually just want to see some fun fast paced basketball for a change, even if it is taking a step back from being a contender for a year or two. But I take it PG and Harden will be back. Kawhi is resigned for his usual 45-50 games a season. I don't see Westbrook playing over Bones next season if he's still on the team. Norm might be moved with the new CBA kicking in. It's do or die on Friday.

What was Harden's body language like? Did he seem checked out?

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
Here we go again. What is this the 3rh, 4th time the Mavs and Clippers met in the playoffs THIS DECADE? :why: We already know how this is going to go:
Another Game 5 road win by the Mavs :beli:
Another Game 6 road win by the Clips :unimpressed:
Another Game 7 home win by the Clips :russell:
Peg leg ain’t walkin thru that door

Bye bye

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The issue is that the Clippers thought he was MJ because of a fadeway just like everybody else in 2019 :mjlol: and jumped out the window for him despite all of the injury red flags. The irony is that if he goes to the Lakers and they win chips he actually gets the credit. Kyrie been living off a shot for almost a decade. If Kawhi goes there and they win a couple chips for that franchise in his hometown shooting fadeways :mjlol: folks woulda made him GOAT. Instead he is the poster child for load management and likely a big part of the reason we got the 65 game minimums and destroyed the future for what was a young scrappy playoff squad with 2 max slots. But hey...that fadeway :mjlol:
Pretty sure he’s championed for being the best all-round player. Never heard the MJ thing. He was a master of all trades. Or perhaps he’s a master of defense. Other than that, he’s just really good at everything (except playing many games) but not the best at anything.

I still wonder why these GMs still act like Games played/physical health isn’t an important stat though.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Nothing to see here. Both teams are inferior to OKC

Ballmer invests a lot of money in Clippers, but no matter what it will always be Lakers in LA. Even when Lakers don't make the playoffs, nobody still gives a shyt about Clippers. Only time they had a chance to shine was when they had a high flying Blake and CP3 throwing lobs. And then bytch ass sterling crushed the buildings where casuals who didn't know about him felt awkward about the team. Even after they got rid of him, some fans still felt awkward about the Clippers and the hype was gone. The nail in the coffin was the 2015 "3-1" series where they couldn't get it done.

This Kawhi experiment is the same thing that Knicks done with Amare. You buy a basketball player nearing his prime time expiration date and well....what do you expect? Even when they were healthy they still managed to blow yet another 3-1 lead.

Clippers have become a team where players past their prime thinking they gon have their Boston Big 3 moment.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Exactly why I can never be all in on the Clippers, never healthy when it matters. I got Dallas in the Conference Finals now since they see OKC next.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty sure he’s championed for being the best all-round player. Never heard the MJ thing. He was a master of all trades. Or perhaps he’s a master of defense. Other than that, he’s just really good at everything (except playing many games) but not the best at anything.

I still wonder why these GMs still act like Games played/physical health isn’t an important stat though.
Folks was jumping outta all kinda windows over dude. Do a search for Kawhi in 2019. It was madness.

GMs try to play the "as long as you healthy for the playoffs" game. It worked in TOR that one year. Other than that we havent seen it work.