Task, The sequel to Mare of Easttown, HBO 2025

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Show is flames. The only thing I didn’t see mentioned in here was the younger priest with a concerned face when talking to the older priest about that young girl. He look dead ass worried.
I think the priest is a red herring just because it would be such a cliche to have a "fallen" priest as the culprit and I am assuming this show is better than that.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the priest is a red herring just because it would be such a cliche to have a "fallen" priest as the culprit and I am assuming this show is better than that.
Agreed. I don’t think he did it either. But he’s def guilty of something. He had a very worrisome look on his face.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Everybody in the thread done forgot about Katie:mjcry: and no mention of Dylan's fate :lolbron:

Digging the show so far
I haven’t forgotten about Katie

they’re not mentioning her this much for no reason

I think the 2 cases will be connected somehow...probably the same killer

and I don’t think Dylan got shot

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This dude bought a gallon of milk in front of a police detective and threw that same gallon of milk thru the same detective's window? And then screeched off like there was a shot he'd get away with it. :mjlol:

Plus he's still driving the Pizza van :russ:

Her character reminds me a bit of Amy Adam’s from sharp objects

If you told me Sharp Objects was an anthology like True Detective, and this was season 2, I would believe you.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Plus he's still driving the Pizza van :russ:

If you told me Sharp Objects was an anthology like True Detective, and this was season 2, I would believe you.
Sharp Objects was probably the one show HBO has had that came close to matching that southern gothic vibe of True Detective S1. This series is definitely more grounded than either of those, but as far as brooding mysteries go, it’s filling that void for me.