Task, The sequel to Mare of Easttown, HBO 2025

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I saw some of the Ryan Ross theories leading up to this episode but the show did a good job of making a case for several people. It wasn't obvious but it wasn't out of left field insulting either between some of the convos we saw their family have + the errant gunshot wounds, the clues were there :ehh:

Dylan angle still felt shaky, him going as hard as he did because his parents wanted to keep the baby was a sudden & severe 180 from when he was in the hospital cursing at it :mjlol: It makes sense once his emotions died down but I was still expecting something more drastic.

I can't put it over True Detective S1 but it was the best who dunnit HBO series in the last year or two. I don't think they'll go back to the well but a second season of Mare dealing with the white trash in EastTown has way more potential than when they forced that unnecessary Big Little Lies S2 :francis:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Whoa :whoa:

Mare has been a real treat but that first season of True Detective is such a high-bar and on many folks’ Mount Rushmore.
Because of a tracking scene and McConaughey talking gibberish. But seriously, I was there every week back in 2014 trying to figure out the mystery and it ended on a whimper. That's the general consensus when you talk about that first season. Mare had me locked in until the very end, I had no idea it would end how it did and to me that's a better way to end a detective/crime show.

Daps
At least the slow black guy didn’t do it.

:hubie:

Let him stay the petty criminal. They were wrapping things up a little too quick, so I knew there had to be more to the story. I thought the grandfather was going to be the killer, because he had the mess house, and forgot he called her, and they were going to say he did it because of dementia.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
At least the slow black guy didn’t do it.

:hubie:

Let him stay the petty criminal. They were wrapping things up a little too quick, so I knew there had to be more to the story. I thought the grandfather was going to be the killer, because he had the mess house, and forgot he called her, and they were going to say he did it because of dementia.
I don't wanna spoil it for ya but go watch the episode before this

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
Besides the real life authentic feelingness which I think was the best quality, the other thing I come away with the strong feeling (no new facts of course) why there's so much damn corruption and its type. There's almost no line between family, friends, colleagues, criminals, "upstanding" people in the community, and even those who are "good" do shady shyt all the time, and those who are "evil" is likely someone you know and may have hung with. The lil white boy had that easy access to firearms and he was surrounded by demons - maybe one day he'll have a chance, maybe he's fukked for life, but not like her and her brother could ever be

chinasa-ogbuagu-as-beth-hanlon-mare-of-easttown-s1e1.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I got spoiled about who the killer was which diminished some of my viewing pleasure but I still thought the finale was well done.

It will be interesting to see if they do another season or if this will be a one and done thing.