Tariq’s movie premiere in NYC. Line down the block FBA turned out to support!! #MicrophoneCheck

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
bishop-juice.gif

This be how @IllmaticDelta be popping in these threads with receipts on folks pushing nonsense:russ:

Since @IllmaticDelta took an unprovoked shot at me after I left him alone a long time ago... it's only right I take a shot back.

I can put the bullshyt to the side and say Illmaticdelta is a very knowledgeable brother when it comes to Hip Hop history. I have been very enlightened by the info he has posted thru the years. But the boy is human and he's liable to make errors too. Now I get it, he's liked by ya'll but ol boy seems to be on some "I'm never wrong" shyt and ya'll enable him.

Case in point when in this very thread he made up some bullshyt about Ralph Mcdaniels not knowing what was going on in the Bronx with Hip Hop during the 70's. But then he goofed by trying to discredit when Ralph started DJiing and posted an interview where Ralph said he got into hip hop in 1976. Illmatic forgot he already said Ralph didnt know what was going on in the 70's Bronx but then posted an interview where Ralph said he was aware of it in 1976. LOL He messed up on that one and ya'll gave it a pass even tho he was the one that went off topic to bring up the 70's when the conversation was about an interview in 2007. Him bringing up what Ralph knew or didn't know in the 70's didn't even make sense to bring up when the conversation was about 2007. But again ya'll gave him a pass.

But the one big issue that I had and still have with Illmatic and I stand on him being wrong is that he attempted to justify Tariq Nasheeds Diaspora War in Hip Hop when Diaspora Wars in Hip Hop don't exist. Illmatic went as far as saying that Afrika Bambatta, the leader of the Universal Zulu Nation wasn't an authority on saying that Hip Hop was colorless. And ya'll co signed that bullshyt. Like who is Illmaticdelta to change the rules? He then went as far as discrediting Ralph McDaniles and Davey D on top of Afrikka Bambatta as a means of justifying Tariq Nasheeds 2 year old made up diaspora War in Hip Hop. And he didn't use pioneers to make this claim...Illmatic said that Bam wasn't an authority because "he" said so...And ya'll co signed him.
:snoop:

The icing on the cake was when Illmaticdelta would post a bunch of videos and would get daps in under 1 minute knowing damn well the people posting the daps couldn't have watched all those videos in a minute. LOL That's when I realized most of the people in this thread didnt want to have a real discussion on Hip Hop culture at all. This was more of a Tariq Nasheed circle jerk where Tariq is right even if he's wrong. Keep in mind, I fux with Tariq, but if he's wrong, he's wrong. And in return posters took shots at me because I would rather actually talk about the culture then circle Jerk Tariq. I even pointed out in that other thread, since Bam was exposed as a pedo did any council ever come out to say that Hip Hop was no longer colorless? Of course no one could answer because that never happened. And not one person now can truly argue against Bam saying Hip Hop is colorless since the 80's to justify Tariq Nasheeds current made up diaspora war mixing in Hip Hop that is about separating ethnicities in Hip Hop.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
But it seems like he doesn't just want to retract what he said and instead of putting pressure on him to take back what he said, you want to put on a cape for him as if what he said wasn't egregious. You want to talk about everything but the sucker ass shyt he said that got folks on his bumper in the first place.

We get it, Tariq has an agenda. Fat Joe is only helping Tariq's agenda by refusing to retract his statements about Latinos helping to create hip hop.

I'm not putting the cape on for Joe at all. U already acknowledged me pointing out that Fat Joe goofed. But I am against a diaspora War in Hip Hop. There are real issues in Hip Hop 1) Gang culture 2) The promotion of zans and percs 3) Ho culture being the norm. And I can keep going....But those 3 things are a real issues in Hip Hop right now 2024 over Fat Joe saying something stupid about the 70's origin of Hip Hop.

And lets be real here...Aside from Tariq and his followers all during the promotion of this docu, no one is really making a big deal about what Joe said like that...This is not a big issue in Hip Hop news. Tariqs docu isn't Oppenheimer...it isn't causing no real waves for anyone to care like that if we are being honest. The popular Hip Hop platforms don't give a fukk. On top of that, if Joe addressed it, that helps promote Tariq which Joe is not trying to do. So it makes sense why Joe isn't addressing it.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I'm not putting the cape on for Joe at all. U already acknowledged me pointing out that Fat Joe goofed. But I am against a diaspora War in Hip Hop. There are real issues in Hip Hop 1) Gang culture 2) The promotion of zans and percs 3) Ho culture being the norm. And I can keep going....But those 3 things are a real issues in Hip Hop right now 2024 over Fat Joe saying something stupid about the 70's origin of Hip Hop.

And lets be real here...Aside from Tariq and his followers all during the promotion of this docu, no one is really making a big deal about what Joe said like that...This is not a big issue in Hip Hop news. Tariqs docu isn't Oppenheimer...it isn't causing no real waves for anyone to care like that if we are being honest. The popular Hip Hop platforms don't give a fukk. On top of that, if Joe addressed it, that helps promote Tariq which Joe is not trying to do. So it makes sense why Joe isn't addressing it.
All this shyt is a complete change up from what you've been arguing across multiple threads. All of a sudden "what about Gangs, sex, and drugs?"

The truth is people have a deep seeded thing about Black American culture being open-source. Like someone else said, this thing with Ricans in New York is very deep because they've made emulating Black American culture their culture to the point where they think they made it up. And truth be told I could see a scenario where some older Puerto Rican dudes prolly just lied to the younger dudes. Or older Jamaicans lied to younger Jamaicans. Like Fat Joe and Busta have been doing.

Also, part of the issue is the "Vibranium fell out the sky" argument. To use the Black Panther movie as a metaphor. People are claiming hiphop fell out the sky one day and most of it landed on black people (Wakanda) but some of it landed on Puerto Rican and Jamaicans (Atlantis). But Black Americans have pulled the reciepts showing the elements before hiphop. We're showing footage of the B-Boy moves from Eccentric Jazz, tap, lindy hop, etc...then when we ask for non-FBA footage pre-dating hiphop we get nothing back but "yall diaspora warring". We're bringing up Frankie "Half Pint" Jaxon in the 1920s/30s, the Jubilaires/Golden Gate Quartet in the 40s, Radio DJs like Jocko Henderson in the 50s, Pigmeat Markham in the 60s, etc...predating hiphop using what is essentially rapping. Then when we ask for proof of non-FBA people rapping before hiphop...we get nothing back but "yall just following Tariq".

but since you're now making a hard pivot I'll assume you just don't want to admit some things.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
All this shyt is a complete change up from what you've been arguing across multiple threads. All of a sudden "what about Gangs, sex, and drugs?"

The truth is people have a deep seeded thing about Black American culture being open-source. Like someone else said, this thing with Ricans in New York is very deep because they've made emulating Black American culture their culture to the point where they think they made it up. And truth be told I could see a scenario where some older Puerto Rican dudes prolly just lied to the younger dudes. Or older Jamaicans lied to younger Jamaicans. Like Fat Joe and Busta have been doing.

Also, part of the issue is the "Vibranium fell out the sky" argument. To use the Black Panther movie as a metaphor. People are claiming hiphop fell out the sky one day and most of it landed on black people (Wakanda) but some of it landed on Puerto Rican and Jamaicans (Atlantis). But Black Americans have pulled the reciepts showing the elements before hiphop. We're showing footage of the B-Boy moves from Eccentric Jazz, tap, lindy hop, etc...then when we ask for non-FBA footage pre-dating hiphop we get nothing back but "yall diaspora warring". We're bringing up Frankie "Half Pint" Jaxon in the 1920s/30s, the Jubilaires/Golden Gate Quartet in the 40s, Radio DJs like Jocko Henderson in the 50s, Pigmeat Markham in the 60s, etc...predating hiphop using what is essentially rapping. Then when we ask for proof of non-FBA people rapping before hiphop...we get nothing back but "yall just following Tariq".

but since you're now making a hard pivot I'll assume you just don't want to admit some things.

:duck:

Lies

The #1 thing I been stressing in every thread is Tariq is wrong for trying to mix his personal diaspora war in Hip Hop when the 2 don't mix. I said that same premise in every thread. There is no "complete change up from what I've been arguing across multiple threads." Look at what u just quoted again. You were so focused on me mentioning gang culture and percs you missed it. I literally say in what u just quoted I am against a diaspora War in Hip Hop.
:stopitslime:
Stop lying.

Another lie you said...

.then when we ask for non-FBA footage pre-dating hiphop we get nothing back but "yall diaspora warring".
'
Then when we ask for proof of non-FBA people rapping before hiphop...we get nothing back but "yall just following Tariq"

You have never once seen me in any thread responding with a "Ya'll diaspora warring"/"Ya'll following Tariq" after being asked about Latinos or West Indians doing anything pre dating Hip Hop. That's a lie that u just made up and you cant and will never find anything I ever said in any thread that will confirm the lie u just told. Stop lying. I literally said over and over again in multiple threads that Black Americans created Hip Hop so I don't even know where u are going with that nonsense u just said.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Since @IllmaticDelta took an unprovoked shot at me after I left him alone a long time ago... it's only right I take a shot back.

I can put the bullshyt to the side and say Illmaticdelta is a very knowledgeable brother when it comes to Hip Hop history. I have been very enlightened by the info he has posted thru the years. But the boy is human and he's liable to make errors too. Now I get it, he's liked by ya'll but ol boy seems to be on some "I'm never wrong" shyt and ya'll enable him.

Case in point when in this very thread he made up some bullshyt about Ralph Mcdaniels not knowing what was going on in the Bronx with Hip Hop during the 70's. But then he goofed by trying to discredit when Ralph started DJiing and posted an interview where Ralph said he got into hip hop in 1976. Illmatic forgot he already said Ralph didnt know what was going on in the 70's Bronx but then posted an interview where Ralph said he was aware of it in 1976. LOL He messed up on that one and ya'll gave it a pass even tho he was the one that went off topic to bring up the 70's when the conversation was about an interview in 2007. Him bringing up what Ralph knew or didn't know in the 70's didn't even make sense to bring up when the conversation was about 2007. But again ya'll gave him a pass.

Dude, you're still out here
juelz-talking.gif
trying to twist what I said around to confuse people

I said that Ralph didn't know anything about what was going on at THE START of HipHop circa 1970 in the Bronx, considering he was born in 1959 and is from Brooklyn!

I also said that Ralph's first experience by his own admission, with HipHop was in QUEENS circa 1976, which meant that he still didn't know anything about what was going on in the Bronx by the mid 1970s because he didn't see it with his own eyes until later

Congrats on 30 years of “Video Music Box.” Being you’re directly responsible for introducing so many people to hip-hop, do you recall your own personal first exposure to it?

It was probably, I want to say, ’76. Breakbeats were starting to become prevalent and I was in a record store, watching a DJ buy some breakbeats, going through each song and realizing he was only playing a certain part of the record he was looking for. While I was looking for full songs, I found it interesting he was looking for a particular break in the record. I realized that, it was a movement of mostly guys from the Bronx who were just playing that particular part of the record. I was living in Queens at the time, and we were playing the breaks of records around the city, but we were not as micromanaging as he was. That’s when I realized something was going on with the Bronx DJs that was a little bit different than the rest of the city.

But the one big issue that I had and still have with Illmatic and I stand on him being wrong is that he attempted to justify Tariq Nasheeds Diaspora War in Hip Hop when Diaspora Wars in Hip Hop don't exist. Illmatic went as far as saying that Afrika Bambatta, the leader of the Universal Zulu Nation wasn't an authority on saying that Hip Hop was colorless. And ya'll co signed that bullshyt. Like who is Illmaticdelta to change the rules? He then went as far as discrediting Ralph McDaniles and Davey D on top of Afrikka Bambatta as a means of justifying Tariq Nasheeds 2 year old made up diaspora War in Hip Hop. And he didn't use pioneers to make this claim...Illmatic said that Bam wasn't an authority because "he" said so...And ya'll co signed him.
:snoop:

Stop deflecting from the facts by bringing up Tariq. I was schooling this board on HipHop history before I even heard of Tariq and/or FBA/ADOS agendas were a thing!

Baambatta didn't start HIpHop, he was a damn kid when it first started by his own admission.

This is the guy, along with Disco King Mario, who put Baam on

The icing on the cake was when Illmaticdelta would post a bunch of videos and would get daps in under 1 minute knowing damn well the people posting the daps couldn't have watched all those videos in a minute. LOL That's when I realized most of the people in this thread didnt want to have a real discussion on Hip Hop culture at all. This was more of a Tariq Nasheed circle jerk where Tariq is right even if he's wrong. Keep in mind, I fux with Tariq, but if he's wrong, he's wrong. And in return posters took shots at me because I would rather actually talk about the culture then circle Jerk Tariq. I even pointed out in that other thread, since Bam was exposed as a pedo did any council ever come out to say that Hip Hop was no longer colorless? Of

Those two things have nothing to do with each other:mjlol:

of course no one could answer because that never happened. And not one person now can truly argue against Bam saying Hip Hop is colorless since the 80's to justify Tariq Nasheeds current made up diaspora war mixing in Hip Hop that is about separating ethnicities in Hip Hop.

Stop with this 80s nonsense; HipHop started in the early 1970s and it wasn't "colorless" at that time!

Whatever ideals Baam had for HipHop via his organization (Zulu Nation), were his and his only! You can hear Cholly Rock (OG ZULU KING BBOY) speaking on some of the Zulu Nation objectives and principles that sprung up that didn't exist during its inception

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
If we are being honest (Which no one in this thread is doing ), Tariq went about going at Joe all wrong. Fat Joe should have clarified that Latinos were a part of Hip Hop when it was established not birthed. Birth = American Blacks. Established = all races. Fat Joe didn't clarify, OK he's an open target.

But Tariq literally said he did this docu because of what Fat Joe and Busta said concerning the origins of Hip Hop and how mainstream is running with the narrative( even tho real hip hop heads never acknowledge the mainstream narrative because they always get it wrong). But XXL magazine in the 2000's every month used to have a section called "Negro Please" pointing out dumb things rappers said the previous month. No one is making docus everytime a rapper says something foolish. Tariqs motive became suspect once he started mixing his personal diaspora war while attempting to promote his docu. But there is no diaspora war in Hip Hop. Hip Hop is for all races. Once Tariq questioned why Fat Joe was hosting the Hip Hop BET awards his motives became visibly corrupt because now we aren't talking about the origins of hip hop anymore. The BET awards Fat Joe was hosting is 2020's not 1970's so Tariq attempted to make things racial in a culture that accepts all races. Fat Joe goofed but Tariq dropped the ball on dealing with how Fat Joe goofed. He tainted his motives behind his docu by promoting the docu mixing his personal diaspora war with it and those 2 things don't mix. And anyone who doesn't acknowledge that fact obviously doesn't really care about Hip Hop culture.

These skewed narratives of HipHop's origins, existed before Fat Joe or Busta's silly statements. The narratives were mainstream and in every HipHop book/docu that told its story. Tariq didn't make it into a "Diaspora War," it was the people who kept repeating that Jamaican/West Indian narrative! The narrative was so entrenched, you had BOOKS claiming that Coke La Rock and Dj Hollywood were 2 Jamaicans that brought "Toasting" from Jamaica and created "Rap".:childplease: There are numerous articles and even a docu that have/had people thinking Nuyoricans created breakdancing :mjlol:

Last edited:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
trying to twist what I said around to confuse people

I said that Ralph didn't know anything about what was going on at THE START of HipHop circa 1970 in the Bronx, considering he was born in 1959 and is from Brooklyn!

Your words exactly. See how you be lying.

Ralph McDaniels was in Brooklyn; he didn't know what was happening in the Bronx.

And here is you trying to play dumb

Stop with this 80s nonsense; HipHop started in the early 1970s and it wasn't "colorless" at that time!

Even tho I said not one person now can truly argue against Bam saying Hip Hop is colorless since the 80's:russ:

That's what u do...u play dumb when u are wrong and do things like this.....as if I didnt say "since the 80's" and try to revert to the early 70's. I literally said 80's and you play dumb and go 70's. I'm not talking about the 70's when hip hop was birthed. I'm talking about the 80's when hip hop was established. Stop playing dumb.

You just said it wasn't "colorless at the time" well I'm not talking about when it wasn't I'm talking about when it was which was the 80's. Matter fact I already said in this thread. Birth = Black Americans. Established = all races.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Tariq didn't make it into a "Diaspora War," it was the people who kept repeating that Jamaican/West narrative!

This is a lie. You obviously have not been paying attention to Tariq since 2021. Another example excluding Tariq questioning Fat Joe hosting the Hip Hop BET awards....Dude was on his podcast talking about how most of the drill rappers from NYC like Pop Smoke, 22Gz and Kay Flock are non FBA and they are the ones doing the negative drill rap while totally ignoring the FBA drill rappers like Fiveo and TJ POrter who are FBAs. Just stop it.....Dude really tried to imply only non FBAs were doing drill rap in NYC. Tho a good portion of them are non FBA that statement is false. You are obviously unfamiliar and not qualified to speak on this particular subject.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Your words exactly. See how you be lying.

And here is you trying to play dumb

:comeon:It's inferred through his own words:

1) HipHop was going on around 1970 in the Bronx vs Ralph Mcdaniels who was born in 1959 in Brooklyn never knew any of that history

2) He didn't hear or see HipHop being done in the Bronx, as his first experience with it was in 1976 by way of Queens

Even tho I said not one person now can truly argue against Bam saying Hip Hop is colorless since the 80's:russ:

That's what u do...u play dumb when u are wrong and do things like this.....as if I didnt say "since the 80's" and try to revert to the early 70's. I literally said 80's and you play dumb and go 70's. I'm not talking about the 70's when hip hop was birthed. I'm talking about the 80's when hip hop was established. Stop playing dumb.

You just said it wasn't "colorless at the time" well I'm not talking about when it wasn't I'm talking about when it was which was the 80's. Matter fact I already said in this thread. Birth = Black Americans. Established = all races.

I saw your 1980s date and I'm telling you it's irrelevant because HipHop DID NOT start in the 1980s. Tariq's docu isn't about the 1980s either for the reason I just mentioned because that's where the majority of the lies come in. The 1980s is actually where the heavy skewing and shoehorning of Ricans as co-creators along with this "colorless" narrative of HipHop begins because of movies like Wildstyle, and Beat Street!

Even Charlie Ahearn (the guy who did Wildstyle) had this to say

oB2sXVJj_xSn0rqotX9qex45MdXvJZ3k5-QUEYz-1dqt12cf6b6DHpqCx_PGhqhHNnii-XEPYg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

@melanatedwarrior3530

9 months ago
Your boy ran dee's gonna throw another temper tantrum, wildstyle is always his go to for ricans in Hip Hop history. I told that fool it's just propaganda

FXTswwHkH3cD0KEDdemDf7K96GxL1UY6r19l4agJvB2LJCfTtuykeLw2F_Bp-GAIqmVmlN45DA=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

@TheBOOSTEDO

9 months ago (edited)
Yep!!! That's EXACTLY what I told Colon in Hip Hop 110 - It's a FALSE REALITY - but he was on some - "You don't see no Black B.Boys Breaking in Wild Style... you see the Puerto Rican B.Boys..." - SMDH

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Tariq's docu isn't about the 1980s either for the reason I just mentioned because that's where the majority of the lies come in.

:patrice:

Wait..hold up....So u didn't see Tariqs documentary did you? There's no way you could have seen it and then made that statement

Now it all makes sense.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Why are y'all keep arguing with this clown @Plankton ?

He just came in here to mess up this thread.
In the words of Irv Gotti; that weirdo is an agent of chaos lol. All is does is detract to from the topic & make it about Tariq or whatever agenda he's pushing. I'm surprised he hasn't been warned or bushed for that bullshyt