Tariq’s movie premiere in NYC. Line down the block FBA turned out to support!! #MicrophoneCheck

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

no worries - if he keeps doing interviews on mainstream media - he’ll be aight

and hot 97 and power 105 - gonna be looking funny in da light

:heh:

He played it real safe. Didn't bring up none of that "Latinos/West Indians didn't create Hip Hop stuff" everyone in this thread has been standing on. He would've looked crazy if he attempted to do so on Channel 11 in NYC. He knew what not to say.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

He played it real safe. Didn't bring up none of that "Latinos/West Indians didn't create Hip Hop stuff" everyone in this thread has been standing on. He would've looked crazy if he attempted to do so on Channel 11 in NYC. He knew what not to say.

:umad:
he got a major local network for an interview

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
:umad:
he got a major local network for an interview

You so focused on dap fishing you don't even have your 3rd eye open.

They neutered him by putting Tariq in front of a Latino woman and a white woman. They made sure not to put him near Vanessa or Ojinika on purpose because they werent going to make it a Black interview at all. But that went over your head.

They put him right in front of that Latino woman so all that "Latinos had nothing to do with hip hops origin" talk could never happen. Put that non hip hop knowing white woman in front of him so that the conversation could be neutral. You dont have your 3rd eye open on this one at all.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

It's in the movie either way :yeshrug: the interviewers just weren't informed enough to ask about it. Why do you think Black Americans are afraid of Latinos? Is that how you carry yourself sir?

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
You so focused on dap fishing you don't even have your 3rd eye open.

They neutered him by putting Tariq in front of a Latino woman and a white woman. They made sure not to put him near Vanessa or Ojinika on purpose because they werent going to make it a Black interview at all. But that went over your head.

They put him right in front of that Latino woman so all that "Latinos had nothing to do with hip hops origin" talk could never happen. Put that non hip hop knowing white woman in front of him so that the conversation could be neutral. You dont have your 3rd eye open on this one at all.
You saying they put Tariq in front of a Latina and a white woman because Ojinika woulda turned it into a diaspora war while the Latina and white woman know how to act and be cordial? This ain't the take bruh :aicmon:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
You saying they put Tariq in front of a Latina and a white woman because Ojinika woulda turned it into a diaspora war while the Latina and white woman know how to act and be cordial? This ain't the take bruh :aicmon:

No. What you just said is something u pulled out of your ass.

I literally said because they werent going to make it a Black interview at all being the reason why they didn't put him in front of Ojinika. And then I said they Put that non hip hop knowing white woman in front of him so that the conversation could be neutral.

Reading comprehension is important. Just read what I actually say and then you wont have to make up bullshyt that I never said.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

He gave the perfect answers to the questions. They never asked him about the Latinos. Why bring it up? The object is to get as many people to see the movie and educate themselves while watching. In turn Tariq makes more money independently which he can turn into other projects. Y’all so full of hate you can’t even take a lesson when it’s being given.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
No. What you just said is something u pulled out of your ass.

I literally said because they werent going to make it a Black interview at all. being the reason why they didn't put him in front of Ojinika. And then I said they Put that non hip hop knowing white woman in front of him so that the conversation could be neutral.

Reading comprehension is important. Just read what I actually say and then you wont have to make up bullshyt that I never said.
But it was a black interview. Tariq was talking about how hip hop was rooted in Southern Black American culture and how Southern Black Americans migrated to the North after WWII and created the genre:patrice: