Tariq Nasheed on new Star Wars movie - "12 Years a Space Slave"

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only because it looks like a shytty photoshop.

But I can guess what you're going to say, and that magazine is not an official release from Disney/LucasFilms so Entertainment Weekly can catch the flack for that.

If you really want to see how Disney/LucasFilm see Finn, go look at his databank entry
Disney must be paying you to defend this cac propaganda. Tell them I said I will bootleg the shyt and then run over it with my car, nikka.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
so not because they used the worst possible promo pic? :dead: seems like you want to willfully ignore his horrible representation. that's fine. i noticed plenty of whites changed their tune after seeing the move, and i see why. like tariq said, finn's basically danny glover in lethal weapon.

Tariq was really on point about some of these black Star Wars fans in denial. They are grasping at straws cause it's easier then accepting reality.

I suppose if you live in a fantasy world you can pretend racism doesn't exist.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I'm only going to dedicate a few more bursts of energy on this as it is getting more and more stupid by the post, but anyway.
it was literally the first image of finn from the trailer :dead:

RKi81E8.jpg

this is the image whites wanted to promote.

That image is from Wikipedia which we already know is totally open to anyone. If it was drawn from a Google search, the Wikipedia API has still parsed this information into Google's results

This is the entry from The OFFICIAL Star Wars website

154x6k0.jpg

Field nikka to 187 :wow:

You must not know the relevance of 2187 in the Star Wars/George Lucas history

Genuine question, why do I have to watch a movie series that has a history or racist content against black people to know that there isn't something right about it?

Just because you feel obligated to watch it based off the fact that it's popular in nerd culture doesn't pull the same heart strings for everyone. I worked hard enough for my money to knowing waste it on a movie that has blatant racist content.

Oh and ANOTHER person who hasn't watched the film and is posting this drivel?

You're being ignored from this discussion from here

Oh and as for those idiots saying FN means something else:

FN-2187 was a Stormtrooper of the First Order, a military junta that continued the ideals of the fallen Galactic Empire in the decades after the Galactic Civil War. He served under Captain Phasma and, as a cadet, alongside fellow troopers FN-2199 ("Nines"), FN-2000 ("Zeroes"), and FN-2003 ("Slip"). FN-2187,

Again, these arguments are getting served and batted away.

Last edited:

doublex

Pro
Daps
The disappointment seems to stem from wanting the black dude to be impeccable and win singlehandedly.

The disappointment stems from wanting the ONE black character to be treated equally to his white co-stars.

Here is what every other Star Wars "lead hero" (not the "mentor" character like Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Han) accomplished in the climax of their first films :

Anakin got to destroy the droid control ship.
Obi Wan got to defeat Darth Maul.
Luke Skywalker got to blow up the Death Star.
Han Solo got to save Luke's life in the Millenium Falcon.
Rey got to defeat Kylo Ren.
Poe got to blow up Starkiller Base.

Finn got to be put in a coma. After attempting to defeat Kylo Ren and failing. No one else fails in their final attempt to become a hero.

I can't believe anyone is satisfied by that and calling it proper "growth" for the character. He "grows" from a storm trooper nobody to a coma patient nobody.

He has earned the pity of Rey for his endearing attempts to rescue her, but the respect of no one.
He has contributed nothing to the final victory because he has no special skills.
He has no discernible future because he can't fly like Poe and Rey and there is no indication that he has the potential to become a jedi.

Rey has inherited the lightsaber, the Falcon, and the Force. She will leave Finn behind to train with Luke Skywalker.
Poe is the best pilot in the Resistance, and will continue to lead the fight against the First Order in his special black X-wing.
Finn... might not wind up a paraplegic? Here's hoping.

It really looks like there is nothing more the character can be used for than to provide humor as a sidekick to Poe or Rey. Without a special skill or distinguishing characteristic of any kind (like how Luke had the Force, Han had the Falcon, and Leia had leadership of the Rebellion) there's really nothing more for him to do.

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I'm only going to dedicate a few more bursts of energy on this as it is getting more and more stupid by the post, but anyway.

That image is from Wikipedia which we already know is totally open to anyone. If it was drawn from a Google search, the Wikipedia API has still parsed this information into Google's results

This is the entry from The OFFICIAL Star Wars website

154x6k0.jpg

You must not know the relevance of 2187 in the Star Wars/George Lucas history

Oh and ANOTHER person who hasn't watched the film and is posting this drivel?

You're being ignored from this discussion from here

Oh and as for those idiots saying FN means something else:

Again, these arguments are getting served and batted away.

You're in denial

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
having seen the movie i think it's an exaggeration, but it's really not completely far off.

yall delusional if you thought they was gonna make a black guy the jedi before a white woman though. don't you follow american social movements? this shyt is predictable as fukk.

i still think finn will have a strong role and was clearly the most memorable character though. in a good way. even if he wasn't what the trailer depicted.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
You're in denial

Guess all the points brought up have been refuted with facts and this is the only response possible

You bring up the magazine, and it is not even an official Star Wars magazine and that's on Entertainment Weekly

You bring up FN means field ****** this that and the other, I bring up the whole squadron are given that initial title

You bring up 2187 means "to 187" and you can't even answer what 2187 means in the Star Wars history

What else?

Or are you just waiting for that jabroni to give you more talking points

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it will really be interesting how they handle finn tbh. cuz the ether he dropped on white people prior to the release will never be forgotten by me. he had to know how he was portrayed in this movie and i'd like to think somewhat in the next.

i really think people are understating how major a character he is. he is the first character we engage with in the movie. he is the catalyst for everything that happens. if finn doesn't rebel that fukkboi pilot dies. then the droid never comes into contact with that chick. then the entire movie never happens. there are some clear racial things though. like for example finn is clearly portrayed as a slave taken at birth to be a storm trooper. at least he rebels against his "programming" but i'd like to see how they portray the rest of the storm troopers. are they all black? i don't understand.

also side question who the hell was lupita in the movie? please dont tell me she did motion caption for that midget alien chick.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Stormtroopers are taken from children to train as soldiers (actually a mix on signups), they all have the same story. James Bond (Daniel Craig) even is a Stormtrooper in the film

Nothing to do with race.

You can read his specific history here: Finn

This is why people were not surprised he was not a Jedi in this film.

Last edited: