Tariq Nasheed on new Star Wars movie - "12 Years a Space Slave"

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Be too stupid to realize the script was written before any of the actors were casted brehs..:russell:

What if someone read the script and said well this sounds like a good part for a nikka, surely we don't want to have a white guy on the screen drinking with a pig.

What if the script was wrote with the mind set of casting a black guy to play that part?

RULE NUMBER #1 DON'T PUT ANYTHING PAST A CAC TO MAKE A BLACK MAN LOK WEAK!!!

I'm sure your history tells you that what I just said isn't true.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Be too stupid to realize the script was written before any of the actors were casted brehs..:russell:

doesn't matter to me either way, either star wars is a wack franchise, which it is, or star wars didn't give that black man much, which they did, been saying on twitter that the pilot and the black character should have been merged and whoever the new character was, i wouldn't have cared what race he was

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can tell most of you haven't seen the movie, and I can't even tell if this nikka Tariq did either.
He was clearly the hero of the movie, and considering he wasn't the protagonist or the main character, I don't see how he was expected to do anything more than he did.

Zardoz

mmmmmmmmmmlli
Daps
Just watched it.

This was obviously gonna be about a Skywalker decendant, so expecting it to revolve around a fully-black guy is retarded.

Even with all the advertising, I always expected him to be a side-guy like Han Solo.

But I can't deny that his character is a joke. You guys aren't exaggerating about him getting shytted on in every way. He's even dead/unconscious at the end! :damn:

All this can just be character development and he becomes more useful and desirable to the girl by Episode 9, but for now he's looking pathetic.

Last edited:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yes

finn didn't have a real name, just a number like "fn 46858585" or some shyt. When he meets the dude he tells him his name and dude is like ":dahell: I'm gonna call you fin" and the black character says how he really likes it and that's that.
What name should they have given him Malcom X to the tenth power with some MLK on the side.

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Are you talking about Princess Leia :dwillhuh:
A staple character since the first movie :dwillhuh:
Yea I'm talking about leia of all people :stopitslime:
Stupid ass nikka
What name should they have given him Malcom X to the tenth power with some MLK on the side.
nikka did i say that? I was answering a question :camby:

Last edited:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
but if somebody take some hispanic jabs yall be in yall feelings. you dont understand it because you're not us just like some might not get "La Raza"
What jabs were being taken? He wasn't portrayed as some buffoon who was just steppin and fetchin. I'm not gonna go into detail about his portrayal for those that haven't seen it.