Tariq Nasheed has perverted the ADOS movement to the point that his idiot followers are worshipping Trump.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
While there is clearly nothing wrong with separating from the ambiguous “Black” umbrella, asians campaign for this as well at one time, Tariq obviously took advantage of the idea and turned it into another cash grab.

He trademarked the “FBA” title and held numerous conferences but accomplished nothing other than enriching himself. Most reparations initiatives that have gotten any traction werent even lead by him. And the “FBA” title itself has still failed to gain traction outside his little internet thought bubble, and its been 3/4 years now.

The only thing he succeeded at doing was taking a legitimate idea and reducing it to nothing but xenophobic internet trolls that only succeeded in causing unnecessary divisiveness. And I use to have respect for him at one point.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Tariq uses female insults to belittle people which never sat right with me while observing a male leader.

Yvette is the real deal she just gets in her own way sometimes but I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to collaborate or work with her because I know she truly believes what she talks about.

Tariq on the other hand is a mixed bag.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
:gucci:

This is rich coming from you. I’ve lost count of how many times you have negged me and called me and other posters “tethers”.

When did you stop using the term FBA?

Lol be easy bro.

The tides of politics are shifting. People are finally seeing a clear path way to society beyond the Trump-MAGA era. And most of all a desperate and failing right wing has now co-opted and adapted all of these ridiculous talking points and conspiracies theyve invented about people disguising themselves as black to somehow have advantage over others...somehow. Its kinda hard to present yourself as an apolitical pro-black militant group when you share the same rhetoric as rabid white supremacists.

I dont know why so many idiots who live on social media waited until an unprecedented white supremacist movement came about to start questioning why they should vote, and who's black and all this shyt, but honestly, I think the whole ados, fba shyt was a bunch of right wing black c00nservative astroturf that was orchestrated...starting with John Tanton and Yvette Carnell...around the rise of Trump and right wing nationalism. A kind of (cowardly) "if you can't beat em join em" type of approach to advancing black politics through opportunistic, right wing-adjacent nationalism, nativism, and bigotry.

And now that we see Trumps prospects to victory literally disappearing so too will these bullshyt astroturf "movements" and militants that were only riding with the political energy of the time.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope comment from @GMoney about why ADOS is necessary. Can't quote so I will copy.

I don't like these African shows or her tone but it's a mind fukk when you realize the class consciousness of many Africans. You don't realize how many of these folks that can come here got servants and shyt or how fukked up tribe and class is in Africa. Many of them don't have the mindset for any type of racial or political alliance that would combat white supremacy. They are looking out for their own.

This Fredrick Douglass quote was eye opening: "it was an argument against repatriation schemes for the freed slaves. “The savage chiefs of the western coasts of Africa, who for ages have been accustomed to selling their captives into bondage and pocketing the ready cash for them, will not more readily accept our moral and economical ideas than the slave traders of Maryland and Virginia,” “We are, therefore, less inclined to go to Africa to work against the slave trade than to stay here to work against it.”

It's not Africans fault, but since the late 60's, many of our pro-black conscious movements had a naive, rose-colored glasses view of Africa. It was part of our consciousness-raising because we were disconnected. The reality is that many of our folks didn't really know much about Africa. For the few that actually went to Africa, they were largely shepherded by Dr.Ben type guides or intermediaries that showed them a small glimpse of what life was like. Whether Yvette is anti-African or not, she's right that Pan Africanism is dead as a viable political movement. There's really no shared political fate with the upwardly mobile Africans that come over here. Their mindset is different, even though like many "people of color" they share cultural and common experiences with us. Cultural and commonality really isn't enough.

But there really is no black politics anymore either. It used to be that black/negro..etc and AADOS were synonymous, we were really the only black people in this country and our politics and struggle were centered in the discourse and on the news. Now we are just part of a coalition, a 3rd minority group. Dr Claud Anderson called it years ago and it's come to pass, we're about done. There's no point in arguing with these new immigrants who don't understand this, who don't understand what black life used to be like after the civil right wins; all of our gains and struggle seem to be evaporating or being used by others when they were intended for us.

Tariq took a necessary movement and turned it into a right wing shilling operation.

It’s fascinating watching you struggle with cognitive dissonance. It’s like a real life scientific experiment.

Geordi

All Star
Daps
The 1870 records will suffice :sas2:
You sure? In 1870 almost half the population of NYC was immigrants.

New York City had the most foreign-born individuals, with 419,094 foreigners, who comprised 44.5% of the city's total population. Philadelphia, Chicago, St. Louis, and San Francisco also had a great population of foreigners that made up a significant fraction of their total populations.

That census also did not count Native Americans so all those fba who say their ancestors were native americans would not be counted.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grown men with the need to be contrarians I’d imagine plays a huge part in the Trump love.

“I’m not sheep like most of you on the Democratic plantation I’m one of the few enlightened ones”

meanwhile you’re just regurgitating what some grifter is telling you and using the Malcolm X clip on liberals and basing your political takes around it

I still can’t get over that Tariq has somehow convinced tons of people that reparations from Trump is a possibility :mjlol:

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This nikka bipolar asf lol.
Exactly. Anyone who agree on anti black shyt needs to vote and stick with Trump. You not like us. Anyone calling other Blacks, tethers or akatas. You not like us. Sambos and c00ns can't have it one way but demand it the other way.

Exit9NJturnpike

Gmen Giants Big Blue
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Brunswick, NJ
I fukk with Tariq only tether bytch nikkas stay on his dikk, and I'm not trying to hear none this Trump boogeyman shyt. We should hold our vote to whoever follows through on tangibles. Corporate Democrats not going to do shyt as usual. Soon as FBA's ask for something for us everyone wants to bytch and whine.