Tariq is going hard pushing this #DontVote campaign

PhillyBirds215

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
How do I learn about politics? :mjcry:
First you must understand that neither Republican or Democrat has your interests at heart. In fact Democrats treat black people like pets who can't do anything for themselves and need the government's assistance for everything we do.

Another thing, Democrats nor Republicans say anything new during their presidential debates. They've been debating the same ideals for a century which let's you know the game is rigged.

Also there's only two mindsets you can have, liberal or conservative. How does a country like America only have two different opinions/approaches to a problem(s)

Lyndon b Johnson said, and I quote "I'll keep these ******s voting Democrat for the next 200 years" nobody finds this odd that a man can predict how a group of people will behave 200 years into the future?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
he really ethered the dissenting opinions extensively if we're being real but it'll get swept to the side for the hate train to keep rolling.

I don't rock with Tariq on some of his relationship advice but when he talks black political and economic empowerment he's in line with great people like Neely Fuller and Claude Anderson.

I don't agree with everything Tariq does or says, but I really wish that folks would argue what he actually said.

Seems a lot of people saw "Don't Vote" without listening to his context and just ran with it.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can you explain. I've seen too many people passing memes on how the electoral college is who really picks the president which I'm sure is something they got from Umar lol

Basically each state has a set number of electoral votes based on it's population. Based on who wins the popular vote in a particular state, that person wins all of the electoral votes for that state. So for example, in Virginia has 13 total electoral votes. In 2012, Obama got 1,971,820 popular votes to Romney's 1,822,522 votes. In that case Obama won all 13 of Virginia electoral votes.

The electoral college votes according to the will of the voters in modern times. It's not some grand conspiracy where the electoral college can go against the will of the people.

There is legitimate criticism that says we should just use the popular vote, because if for example, you live in a majority red state like Georgia, your votes for a Democratic presidential candidate don't matter as much.

An explanation of why we use the electoral college is provided here:

The Reason for the Electoral College

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@Poitier and @Nomad1 did this guy really have the nerve to compare Tariq to X and Dubois?????:ohmy:
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Please tell me this guy is joking.:ohmy:

Stop it breh, now you're being intellectually dishonest which is why instead of answering the question, you decided to deflect.

I didn't compare Tariq to them. Both Du Bois and Malcolm X said they won't vote. Matter of fact Malcolm X said if you continue to vote for these people you're a traitor to you race (and I've posted the receipts in this thread). So again, if Tariq is politically childish for saying don't vote unless you get something tangible in return, is Du Bois and Malcolm also political children for saying the exact same thing?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't agree with everything Tariq does or says, but I really wish that folks would argue what he actually said.

Seems a lot of people saw "Don't Vote" without listening to his context and just ran with it.
Exactly what a lot of nikkaz on here do. They don't even hear dude out but be quick to type up essays like "shut him down. Smart dumb nikka smh" when if they put their ego to the side they'd realize they're basically saying the same shyt.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
he really ethered the dissenting opinions extensively if we're being real but it'll get swept to the side for the hate train to keep rolling.

I don't rock with Tariq on some of his relationship advice but when he talks black political and economic empowerment he's in line with great people like Neely Fuller and Claude Anderson.

Someone said he's pushing the don't vote campaign just to sell boots :mjlol:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You're right, that's why I left myself that wiggle room of "rarely".

I'm not too sure the majority are evenly split lately.

It's not evenly split on every race. But when the race is close, the reason the Democrats win a lot of the time is because they receive 80%+ of the black vote

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That brings me to my point of what makes you think he's gonna do all that for black people? Because he loves us so much?

Our man been in office for two terms and we been getting slaughtered with impunity.

This is the whole point of stop voting just because you're expected to. They take advantage of that. Just like you can supposedly use your votes as a weapon you can take them away as a weapon.
He has a whole politically history working for the the working class. Taking money out of politics can prevent situations like the water in Flint for example. Increased minimum wage whether it be 15 or adjusted for each state, paid paternity leave, single payer healthcare (more likely to fine tune obamacare), increased funding for eduction, less white police in non white neighborhoods along more and I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting. We get him in and show up at the mid terms and local elections we can start to see changes. Also get involved in your local town halls. It isn't hard to change things around. Just staying home and complaining online isn't going to change anything like some charlatans want you to believe.

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
Someone said he's pushing the don't vote campaign just to sell boots :mjlol:

fcdwn.png