alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
oh only your mother?
apologies

I just remember you saying she proud that you still live with her whilst her "blk american friends kick their children out"

you are very unappreciative of your Jamaican mother.....

so how did you become this "super ados" with an immigrant mother?

and would you say NOBODY would you mistake you as a "yaadman"?
just like Akademiks......you fully and totally blk american
Blocked

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:francis: Flowers was a Disco DJ (he hated HipHop)

Flowers wasn't a Disco Dj in the way people think of Studio 54, he was part of the overground disco that gave way to hiphop. Not only he did have the first rapping mc: KC The Prince of Soul

and

Pete Dj Jones: "One of the first rapping dj's (KC The Prince Of Soul), I stole him from Flowers"

Do you remember the kinds of records you were playing in that early ’70s period?

I was playing most of the hits, like James Brown… I think what created hip-hop was the multi-ethnic music in the New York area. Every DJ had an MC.

Did you have one?

Yeah, KC The Prince Of Soul. I stole him from Flowers. He started MCing with me around 1971, then I had JD The Disco Prince, then I had Lovebug Starski.

Lovebug Starski - You've Gotta Believe
When did you start using MCs?

I started MCing myself, I used to like talking over the music. You got guys like Kool Herc and Bambaataa that claimed they started hip-hop, they gotta remember that hip-hop emerged from R&B. I had a lot of rappers say they was influenced by me. These rappers started emerging about 1975 and 1976.

“That Special Beat:” An Interview with One of Hip-Hop’s Founders, Pete DJ Jones

More and more DJs were incorporating emcees into their sets; that is, having someone on the microphone shouting out the DJ and keeping the party moving. KC Prince of Soul, Grandmaster Flowers’ emcee, was the first to talk over a record—imitating popular radio DJ Hank Spann of WWRL. Soon after, Harlem’s DJ Hollywood began talking over his mixes and became more famous for his wordplay than for his deejaying. Hollywood’s street fame led to him selling copies of his deejay sets around the way at barbershops and bodegas. On the strength of their party-friendly approach, Eddie Cheeba and DJ Hollywood became the house DJs at Harlem’s Club 371.

A Toast to Grandmaster Flash: Hip-hop Pioneer, Turntable Wizard and Superhero DJ

; people who were there, said he had a crew of early stage bboys

Uprock, or Rocking as it was originally referred to, also known as Rock, is a competitive urban street dance, performed to the beats and rhythms of soul, rock and funk music, but was mostly danced to a specific and exclusive collection of songs that contained a hard driving beat. An example of such a song is the Uprock classic "It's Just Begun" by noted jazz musician Jimmy Castor. The dance consists of foot shuffles, spins, turns, freestyle movements and more characteristically a four-point sudden body movement called "jerk".

Uprock evolved in New York City circa in the late 1960s. A precursor and influence to this form of dance was gang culture.

As Rocking/Uprocking developed, body movements called "jerks" and hand gestures called "burns" (as defined above in this article), would be added to emulate a fight against an opposing dancer. Being skillful in this new dance form, Apache would get the better of his opponents by skillfully using burns. Dancers throughout New York City in all Boroughs continued to invent new movements and gestures to create a street dance. Many gang members began to perform this dance. It became commonplace to see gang members hanging out in corners dancing against each other. Rocking/Uprocking became a competitive dance that caught on very quickly.

now, connect the dots....

zer9t56.jpg

On the Ilixor boards, PappaWheelie reports that "At a lecture about hip hop history at the Brooklyn public library the lecturer was interupted, while claiming hip hop to have originated out in the Bronx, by an angry man claiming hip hop to have started out in Brooklyn. After gaing the attention of the crowd the man, whose name escapes me now, proceded to produce photos and a flyer, both dated 1968, of Grandmaster Flowers rocking a party of thousands in Brooklyn and in the front row are what appeared to be bboys uprocking. Who knows, it might just turn out to be that Brooklyn keeps on makin it and its the Bronx that keeps on takin it."

Brooklyn Music: BrooklynBio: The Mystery of Grandmaster Flowers

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY

"your mother is jamaican"
I know that sounds so nasty and disgusting
shameful
you cannot stand being associated with those "tethers"
what horror
what shame
such disgust
oh my my my alponia

do you think the real ados will kick you out the group upon finding out
you nothing but the son of an immigrant
damn alpy
damn damn damn

does your mother know you hate her?
when she cooking your dinner in the evenings do you scowl?

"I dont want this tether shyt"

let us talk alps

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Kool Herc - Jamaican
Doug E Fresh - Barbados
Grandmaster Flowers - Jamaica
Kings Charles (Jamaica)
Grandmaster Flash (Barbados)
Kid Creole - Jamaica
Afrika Bambatta and the Zulu Nation - Jamaica
Kurtis Blow - Barbados
DJ Disco Wiz -(started the Force Team with Grandmaster Caz)
Melle Mele (Barbados)
Rock Steady Crew

then later on you got the KRS One, Slick Rick, Biggie, Grand Puba's etc of the world
This list is inaccurate as hell. kid creole isnt Jamaican

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
People refuse to let us have our shyt. We don’t bother anybody for shyt.

Who is trying to take your shyt sir?

a better discussion would be

was hip hop not invented in ny yet some other state
can we just skip to that?

can we x out new yorkers and get to the main point?
all this pusssyfootin is cowardly

get to the point

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Who is trying to take your shyt sir?

a better discussion would be

was hip hop not invented in ny yet some other state
can we just skip to that?

can we x out new yorkers and get to the main point?
all this pusssyfootin is cowardly

get to the point
Hip hop was created in ny.

but it was dependent on established fba musical traditions

not jamaica