Taraji P Henson Wants To Put The Focus Back On The Color Purple Following Her Comments About Unequal Pay

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I hope they don't believe her comments had anything to do with the film flopping.

The movie flopped because nobody wanted that gender war agenda bullshyt.
Her comments didn't help.

Because of her fat mouth, when people thought of The Colour Purple, the first thing they thought about was the pay gap.

It pretty much killed any chance of getting a good buzz. People praising certain performances and then gaining interest.

She cooked herself.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Her comments didn't help.

Because of her fat mouth, when people thought of The Colour Purple, the first thing they thought about was the pay gap.

It pretty much killed any chance of getting a good buzz. People praising certain performances and then gaining interest.

She cooked herself.
I'm :flabbynsick: , the first thing I thought of was the original movie which was polarizing to say the least. Same for many people.

This musical remake only appeals to a certain type of woman.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
This is getting tiresome she is worth millions of dollars living in a house the average person can never even dream off, yet she is still whining and crying all the time, if i see two meals a day i am grateful and thats real talk, most days i get by one meal a day, most folks are struggling stop this bs

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
She might get blackballed too:snoop:
what do mean might? She was supposed to be promoting the film she embrassed Oprah to the point she had to respond to a tik toker, Used to promote her personal issues made the whole production team look cheap even low key dissed the broadway play that the movie was directly based on.

She's beyond done.

One reason Viv pushed back against her is that Viv understands that she's 59 years old and Tubi movies and bad parody films is all that's left ffor her.

That's where Taraji is gonna be in 5 years but even they don't need to hire her when they could easily get someone like the ladies that played Aunt Viv on the Fresh Prince at least they know how to keep their mouths shut.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Why would it do that?

All it did was make people get pissed at the people behind the scenes, including Oprah, making that the focus of any discussion related to the movie.
You think her PR person and the PR team of the movie didn't point this out to her?