Taraji P Henson Wants To Put The Focus Back On The Color Purple Following Her Comments About Unequal Pay

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It didn't work out for the producers. It's a domestic flop. They better hope it does well internationally.

Was just imagining what the projections were based on.
In all honesty I hope Taraji bounces back. I'd like to see her in something fantasy or sci-fi based.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Meanwhile Japan’s godzilla remake keeps getting theatre extensions,made $100 mil globally with a $15 mil budget. I don’t think a musical or this type of movie was the way to go :mjlol:

The budget doesnt sound ridiculous in 2024. Life with Eddie murphy cost 80 mil to make 20 years ago,same aesthetic and period. On the other hand Bad Boys 4 Life had a 100 million dollar budget and made 500 million:wow:. Straight outta Compton 28-50 million dollar budget,made 200 million.

Black films can be insanely successful when done right. And yes those are black films that reached white audiences too.

But it proves the point that the problem isnt black people. Although black people will be bashed for not supporting,and "this is why they dont make black movies with big budgets,or pay black actors:mjpls:".

The problem must be the execution of the white execs,writers,marketing and higher ups.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
I hope Taraji gets the pay that she deserves but I'm glad that BS The Color Purple flopped. :blessed:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I hope they don't believe her comments had anything to do with the film flopping.

The movie flopped because nobody wanted that gender war agenda bullshyt.

Movie def flopped cuz nobody was checking for a Color Purple music remake in 2024 but I'm sure her comments didn't help + she ain't allow her castmastes to enjoy or have their moment.