Taraji P Henson Wants To Put The Focus Back On The Color Purple Following Her Comments About Unequal Pay

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Damn the movie costs 100 million to make and only did half that. :damn:
50 million for a few weeks in the streaming era isn't bad, though. That's actually above average.

It's not about to collect dust. It'll still make money. I haven't seen it but the way people get hung up over stuff like that kills me. It didn't make its budget in the box office! :damn: It's done for! :damn:

Probably think budget and cost is the same thing too. :russ:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
50 million for a few weeks in the streaming era isn't bad, though. That's actually above average.

It's not about to collect dust. It'll still make money. I haven't seen it but the way people get hung up over stuff like that kills me. It didn't make its budget in the box office! :damn: It's done for! :damn:

Probably think budget and cost is the same thing too. :russ:
Did it make back its money or not?:ohhh:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Tbh, this is a flick that shouldn't have cost more than 20 million tbh.

For one, period flicks should never have budgets like a blockbuster, deadass.

Two, a musical? About a bleak story ala the Color Purple?

Might as well do a musical of Mississippi Burning, totally tone deaf.

The last big musical was what? Lala Land? Which was Hollywood sucking itself off.

This was something anyone off the street could've told them to budget slash down to a minimum, yet a room full of creatives couldn't figure out?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

In light of its estimated budget, The Color Purple will need to make $200 million at the box office to break even.
Thanks. That article says that there was a successful Broadway musical version of TCP. I forgot about that.

So the producers were hedging their bets on making a film based on hit book, hit film adaptation, and hit stage musical. Each was nominated for the top industry awards.
And the lead actresses have all been previously nominated for the top industry awards.
+ the Oprah cosign and association.

Film had a record opening. The thinking and projections of the producers weren't as far fetched as people think.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Thanks. That article says that there was a successful Broadway musical version of TCP. I forgot about that.

So the producers were hedging their bets on making a film based on hit book, hit film adaptation, and hit stage musical. Each was nominated for the top industry awards.
And the lead actresses have all been previously nominated for the top industry awards.
+ the Oprah cosign and association.

Film had a record opening. The thinking and projections of the producers weren't as far fetched as people think.
Unfortunately so far it hasn't reached projections. I don't know how long they have to make it back.

‘The Color Purple’s’ Sales Plummet After Record-Breaking Premiere—Just Like These Other Drop-Off Films ‘The Color Purple’s’ Sales Plummet After Record-Breaking Premiere—Just Like These Other Drop-Off Films