Taraji P Henson Wants To Put The Focus Back On The Color Purple Following Her Comments About Unequal Pay

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
That's her reason for the fake apology. She used the press tour for the movie to rant about not being paid enough. The studio and other studios did not like that shyt. But it's too late now she done fukked up the Big boy's money, now she gon get dealt wit.
She fukked it up for the co stars. They had a private screening in Charlotte that Fantasia attended(Wish I knew about it beforehand) and and was happy af to promote it. Taraji could’ve waited to say this stuff if she was just going to walk it back smh

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Damn the movie costs 100 million to make and only did half that. :damn:
Right. And this isn't like 20-25+ years ago where the studio could possibly still recoup box office through VHS and DVD sales. They would have to hope enough ppl pay to buy or rent it digitally.
The film was NEVER gonna do well enough to justify 100+ million budget.. NO ONE asked for this movie.. Been in theaters a couple weeks and already shipped to tubi or some shyt.. They can blame taraji but oprah other films will be shelved..

I almost feel like somebody pocketed 20-30 million dollars of WB's money and added it to TCP's tab.

degu9089

All Star
Daps
Right. And this isn't like 20-25+ years ago where the studio could possibly still recoup box office through VHS and DVD sales. They would have to hope enough ppl pay to buy or rent it digitally.

I almost feel like somebody pocketed 20-30 million dollars of WB's money and added it to TCP's tab.
Hollywood accounting. Same thing with the first Black Panther. Supposed budget of $200 million, but half the CGI scenes were rushed products. They combined and split the budgets of like five marvel movies together with the bulk of that money going towards Infinity War, then spread it on paper for tax reasons. They probably have three other movies they made with the budget for the Color Purple, but rolled it together to get the diversity and inclusion tax breaks with the other films too.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Well Monique actually won an Oscar for her role. Taraji's performance in this movie hasn't come up really, good or bad. The talk has centered around Danielle Brooks, Fantasia and the young lady who played young Celie.
Oh, right! I was saying she was expecting the outcome Monique had- the nom and the win. She didn’t even get nominated. So that likely has something to do with why she’s mad