Taraji P Henson Wants To Put The Focus Back On The Color Purple Following Her Comments About Unequal Pay

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Doesn't really address the fact that she was already a previously nominated actress with a significant value. All the other actresses in the film are way less known
It actually did. Her "value" and previous accolades are why she received top billing.

And why her "value" would have increased the most if the film was a box office success.

If your opinion is that she was good already and stood nothing to gain by signing on to do a high profile remake of box office/critics winners, then her public crusade over not getting proper compensation in the industry would blow that argument up, wouldn't it?

People who've been nominated, and people who have won top industry honors are always looking for scripts and projects that raise or maintain their "value". Much less an actress who feels that she has been undervalued.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
It actually did. Her "value" and previous accolades are why she received top billing.

And why her "value" would have increased the most if the film was a box office success.

If your opinion is that she was good already and stood nothing to gain by signing on to do a high profile remake of box office/critics winners, then her public crusade over not getting proper compensation in the industry would blow that argument up, wouldn't it?

People who've been nominated, and people who have won top industry honors are always looking for scripts and projects that raise or maintain their "value". Much less an actress who feels that she has been undervalued.

No, my opinion is that she knew her value and agreed to the pay anyway which didn't make any sense. People are saying she knowingly took a cut because of the films award potential. That would only hold if she didn't complain about the money cause that would have been the deal from the beginning.

I think she agreed to the money because she needs it badly, as I said in an earlier post she eluded to spending a lot of money on entourages, her son's school, etc. in an interview around the time. She likely didn't expect the movie to do well at the box office due to the timing and it being a musical. It's a hit first week and she's regretting what she got paid thinking the movie is going to due serious numbers not realizing it tanks after a few more weeks.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You a few years older than me and for the longest I didn't want to believe that shyt.....but between what I've seen in academia with some women and other stuff in real life (even have an aunt that is on that wave)...........gotta say...shyt is real out here...... :francis:
There's this Divestor analysis channel that uses real world examples not just reposted memes from the internet called Only Logical

That doesn't hate on the women but just posts what they say and do

He's got a series called Divesting Done Wrong

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
No, my opinion is that she knew her value and agreed to the pay anyway which didn't make any sense. People are saying she knowingly took a cut because of the films award potential. That would only hold if she didn't complain about the money cause that would have been the deal from the beginning.

I think she agreed to the money because she needs it badly, as I said in an earlier post she eluded to spending a lot of money on entourages, her son's school, etc. in an interview around the time. She likely didn't expect the movie to do well at the box office due to the timing and it being a musical. It's a hit first week and she's regretting what she got paid thinking the movie is going to due serious numbers not realizing it tanks after a few more weeks.
If she was so sure of the clout then she could've gotten a backend but Like you I don't think she wanted to gamble on the movies sucess. Shorty lives in LA is a single mother with a Son in College and is doing a lot of girl's trips with Mary J. Blidge I think she needed or wanted the money.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I remember when that was coming out and they showed the trailer for like a week it seemed then completely stopped.

I guess tiny hats didn't like a movie tryna spin up sympathy and love for nazis. But interesting who did lol

I don't even remember seeing trailers for it play during any movies..

hell I think the only time I saw the trailer was when I watched it on youtube

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
There's this Divestor analysis channel that uses real world examples not just reposted memes from the internet called Only Logical

That doesn't hate on the women but just posts what they say and do

He's got a series called Divesting Done Wrong

WTF Black women online discussing how they woulda been fukking massa during slavery! 1 chick said she woulda had her own slaves? :scust:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
WTF Black women online discussing how they woulda been fukking massa during slavery! 1 chick said she woulda had her own slaves? :scust:
Well shyt like this did happen:

This cracker was indeed the devil and he had a wench called Phibba that lived with him in the big house.

This cracker kept an runaway's head on a pike on the farm and he could make another slave defecate in another's mouth as punishment.

Even in the states there were Black slavemasters one of the frst enslaved people ended up becoming a buck and owning slaves.

Although in the vast majority of cases Black slaveowners bought members of their families to give them freedom.

Black people really had their history hidden from them.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

This cracker was indeed the devil and he had a wench called Phibba that lived with him in the big house.

This cracker kept an runaway's head on a pike on the farm and he could make another slave defecate in another's mouth as punishment.

Even in the states there were Black slavemasters one of the frst enslaved people ended up becoming a buck and owning slaves.

Although in the vast majority of cases Black slaveowners bought members of their families to give them freedom.

:scust:

Gah damm I hate crackas.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That's why they don't tell you about shyt like this, You wouldn't fukk with them if you knew the extent of their evil.
I mean I knew about shyt like this, just not this story tho. Crackas were out here cooking and eating slaves and making shoes and clothes out of their skin.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I would have watched a remake that was NOT a musical.

The Color Purple as a musical is WILD to start with :mjlol:
This probably had more to do with the box office results than anything else. I know several people who have said they wanted to see it UNTIL they found out it was a musical. A lot of people don't like musicals, it seems.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

This is way they have made attempts to dismantle how history is taught in schools. They don’t want their savage history to be put in the spotlight. Even this guy’s bio, “English Diarist”. Call him what he actually was — a slave rapist.