Tank - "What do dark skinned women have against light skinned women?"

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're overlooking the issue of colorism, but I guess for some of you y'all only care when it affects men.
i'm not over looking the issue of colorism, i'm attacking it directly. i'm admitting complexion is a fickle reason to shun black women, but so are reasons like height and being labeled "lame and corny"

and colorism affects black men as well. contrary to popular belief, black women still dont like dark skinned nikkas unless they're built like super slaves, and BW still gravitate towards lighter skinned men.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1-men do far more than overlook. they randomly attack dark skinned women because colorism is just racism.

2- are you telling me black women should walk on eggshells so they won't be a victim of racism? :patrice:

i'm saying dont bytch about colorism when you have your own prejudices and biases towards black men yourselves.

you don't like the lame and corny nikkas, or short nikkas, or nikkas that "act white"

and some nikkas arent attracted to dark skinned black women.

seems like a fair exchange, deal with it

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
i'm not over looking the issue of colorism, i'm attacking it directly. i'm admitting complexion is a fickle reason to shun black women, but so are reasons like height and being labeled "lame and corny"

and colorism affects black men as well. contrary to popular belief, black women still dont like dark skinned nikkas unless they're built like super slaves, and BW still gravitate towards lighter skinned men.
That's true, however just like bw perpetuate colorism, so do bm. And that's the issue with losers like Tank who pretend to innocently ask silly ass questions when he knows exactly why. Especially when his tragic mulatto girlfriend is pepetuating that shyt too.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's true, however just like bw perpetuate colorism, so do bm. And that's the issue with losers like Tank who pretend to innocently ask silly ass questions when he knows exactly why. Especially when his tragic mulatto girlfriend is pepetuating that shyt too.

tank definitely put that out there knowing the response he'd get.

but regardless of that, i find the black woman's colorism argument highly hypocritical. the same women bytching about light skin/dark skin be the same women saying they dont like nikkas for x, y and z.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Colorism is just another one of ways that we as blacks have internalized 500 years of slavery. For all those acting oblivious to this issue, should read Black Skin White Masks by Frantz Fanon. If you dont believe that darker skinned women are discriminated against, look at the AKA's. Look at the amount of light skinned entertainers versus the darker toned entertainers.
If you prefer lighter toned people, thats your preference. It becomes a problem when you belittle others to further glorify your preference.
And men, we need to stop it. We are not the sole cause of this issue, but you would be ignorant to believe that we dont play a significant role in this. Anybody who defends Tank on this issue needs to educate themselves on the topic before you try to rationalize ignorance.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute

This breh is right about this. A dark skin nikka typically has to be built like Idris Elba to be a sex symbol. A dark, short nikka who was the same build as Usher wouldn't get as much love.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
tank definitely put that out there knowing the response he'd get.

but regardless of that, i find the black woman's colorism argument highly hypocritical. the same women bytching about light skin/dark skin be the same women saying they dont like nikkas for x, y and z.
Colorism affects the black community it's perpetuated by all of us. If anyone denies that fact, they're lying.