Talib Kweli on White Supremacists Fetishizing Asian Women and Anime

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps

I only watched Cowboy Bebop...Black Lagoon and Samurai Champloo after I became an adult...and that was like 5 years ago...and those are Senien animes

Them shyts don't have hundreds of episodes...fukk I look like watching anime as a grown man...

And you still didn't answer my question...probably because I actually defeated your point...you can't tell me what race or nationality those characters are....

Daps
Interesting it's stylized art:jbhmm:
Care to explain why their "no ethnicity" having characters who just so happen to be brown look like this?:jbhmm:
untitled.jpg

It's stylized art I guess :mjgrin:

Here's some Manga where the Black people are drawn in a more Realistic Style and Stylized Style.

More Realism
2e405b15462930fe38bd7ab3ca37869b.jpg

6aaaa4a6b60a4e7f752eac678a2bc4c5da253084_hq.jpg

Stylized

e2d4866ea6828d3806235a88e5cd0a46.jpg

There are some Japanese artists who draw Black people in minstrel and some who draw Black people that actually look like Black people. :yeshrug:

Daps
They aren't White...I never thought Goku was White...

Just like on Game of Thrones I don't think Grey Worm and his people are Black...

I don't think any die hard anime fan racializes anime characters...

I am starting to think it is a very USA thing to racialize media that is intentionally trying to be raceless to the point of having characters with blue hair purple eyes...

You'd be surprised. A lot of people like to inject racist views into fictional works.

To me I just consider them raceless unless if told or implied otherwise by the Author.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
So?

I don't even like anime, the shyt is corny to me...

But...majority of anime...don't have races or nationalities...this comes from anime creators themselves...it is called "statelessness"

Only anime I ever watched that had specified races and nationalities is Black Lagoon....

What is the race and nationalities these characters..
You say that yet black people in most animes have the design that he posted.

In those pics you posted you posted Nami from One Piece yet in that show they had this guy:

So that disproves your statement.

Raceless my ass

Blackout

Daps
They aren't White...I never thought Goku was White...

Just like on Game of Thrones I don't think Grey Worm and his people are Black...

I don't think any die hard anime fan racializes anime characters...

I am starting to think it is a very USA thing to racialize media that is intentionally trying to be raceless to the point of having characters with blue hair purple eyes...
You bring up Goku yet in that anime they had this guy:
latest

That is not raceless.

So your statement has been disproven again.

choppybeats

Rookie
Daps

Dragonball/Kenshin the only goat shyt out there.

:sas2: but yeah man lots em playing those weird ass pedophile bordeline games like on the ps vita and such.

Cant figure out TB lately.. Hes just might be finally be embracing his open racism since hes going at white people.. But heres something to chew on. Tons of white fans( maybe hes sick of that) and used to be label mates with with rappers(R.A. and coflow) was on soundbombing 1 and 2 with both and gave co flow a shout out on debat album. You know what i havent listen to him in like a decade:francis:
So.. Whats going with him :stopitslime:

Blackout

Daps
I don't watch anime. I'm just making the point that big eyes and pale skin are not mutually exclusive to CACs.
Its not common among asians either which is why their ancient art didnt have big eyes. :ufdup:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I only watched Cowboy Bebop...Black Lagoon and Samurai Champloo after I became an adult...and that was like 5 years ago...and those are Senien animes

Them shyts don't have hundreds of episodes...fukk I look like watching anime as a grown man...

And you still didn't answer my question...probably because I actually defeated your point...you can't tell me what race or nationality those characters are....
Well how you saying anime is corny and you don't watch it, but you actually did :jbhmm:
So anime characters don't have races?:jbhmm:
What race is he?:jbhmm:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
You say that yet black people in most animes have the design that he posted.

So that disproves your statement.

Very few animes actually have Black and White people in them...

Yall nikkas don't know what yall talking about in terms of Japanese culture and their portrayal of race...

These are Black people in Anime...in an actual real world setting...

Black people in Brazil...

3620230_1420441267506.08res_500_278.jpg

michiko_ehatchin.jpg

Black pirate in East Asia

a431e3fd7f7ca9b2016f4b4ba95c0fe2.jpg

images

The whole minstrel shyt is rare in real life animes in a real world setting and majority of that shyt occurred in the early 80s...

I mean...I bet yall think this is a Black character...

images

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
You bring up Goku yet in that anime they had this guy:
latest

That is not raceless.

So your statement has been disproven again.

So what race is Goku, Bulma, Trunks and Vegeta...

What race is Mr.Satan...

latest

Unless you think Japanese people are gonna make a bunch of characters with blue eyes and purple hear and then be like...

"I'ma put some Black people in my stories...for diversity of course..."

Blackout

Daps
Very few animes actually have Black and White people in them...

Yall nikkas don't know what yall talking about in terms of Japanese culture and their portrayal of race...

These are Black people in Anime...in an actual real world setting...

Black people in Brazil...

3620230_1420441267506.08res_500_278.jpg

michiko_ehatchin.jpg

Black person in East Asia

a431e3fd7f7ca9b2016f4b4ba95c0fe2.jpg

images

The whole minstrel shyt is rare in real life animes in a real world setting and majority of that shyt occurred in the early 80s...

I mean...I bet yall think this is a Black character...

images
We are supposed to look at those small amount and ignore the countless black people who are drawn in minstrel form? :mjlol:
So what race is Goku, Bulma, Trunks and Vegeta...
They arent a race. They are aliens called Saiyans.

Bulma who they say is japanese is drawn to look white.