Talib Kweli on White Supremacists Fetishizing Asian Women and Anime

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
BlackControllingBattleJacket.png

Please tell me how anime characters aren't supposed to have a race again :mjgrin:

So?

I don't even like anime, the shyt is corny to me...

But...majority of anime...don't have races or nationalities...this comes from anime creators themselves...it is called "statelessness"

Only anime I ever watched that had specified races and nationalities is Black Lagoon....

What is the race and nationalities these characters..

473687_1367696264415_500_281.jpg

the-best-female-anime-characters-u1.jpg

55de95214d922.jpg

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Daps

"Anime/Manga characters don't look Japanese."

It's stylized art of course it's not going to look like the real life thing. That's what Realism / Hyper Realism is for. Donald Duck, The Simpsons, Betty Bop look nothing like their real life counterparts.

Also Anime/Manga has many different styles, some that verge on Realism ( Vagabond, Inu Yashiki, I Am Hero, Goodnight Punpun etc ) and others that are more stylized ( One Piece, DBZ etc )

Here are some manga where the main characters actually look Asian

vagabond-vol-37-9781421577449_hr.jpg

hero.jpg

156353l.jpg

Daps
So?

I don't even like anime, the shyt is corny to me...

But...majority of anime...don't have races or nationalities...this comes from anime creators themselves...it is called "statelessness"

Only anime I ever watched that had specified races and nationalities is Black Lagoon....

What is the race and nationalities these characters..

473687_1367696264415_500_281.jpg

the-best-female-anime-characters-u1.jpg

55de95214d922.jpg

To them having big eyes and pale skin automatically makes them White in their heads. The Default Human is White for a lot of people ( especially those raised in predominantly White countries )

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
"Anime/Manga characters don't look Japanese."

It's stylized art of course it's not going to look like the real life thing. That's what Realism / Hyper Realism is for. Donald Duck, The Simpsons, Betty Bop look nothing like their real life counterparts.

Also Anime/Manga has many different styles, some that verge on Realism ( Vagabond, Inu Yashiki, I Am Hero, Goodnight Punpun etc ) and others that are more stylized ( One Piece, DBZ etc )

Here are some manga where the main characters actually look Asian
Interesting it's stylized art:jbhmm:
Care to explain why their "no ethnicity" having characters who just so happen to be brown look like this?:jbhmm:
untitled.jpg

It's stylized art I guess :mjgrin:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can tell a lot of people here haven't been to Japan, Thailand, Korea, Singapore etc. The girls in these countries tend to have very pale skin. Pale skin doesn't mean you are a CAC.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
nikkas disrespecting the entire anime umbrella cause the stereotypes smh. White men do fetishisize the shyt outta it, but more so, the Asian men do. The cacs who do it tend to emulate Asian men, so it is what it is. :yeshrug: I don't see how this affects us (blacks) other than those cacs usually being the ones who make the ****** jokes online, now that's cringe

But I'll fukk with a quality anime over a quality american cartoon these days. Sony has made a name based on JRPGs. A lot of rappers lists animes as some of their inspirations. There's parts of that culture for any and everyone.:yeshrug:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
To them having big eyes and pale skin automatically makes them White in their heads. The Default Human is White for a lot of people ( especially those raised in predominantly White countries )

They aren't White...I never thought Goku was White...

Just like on Game of Thrones I don't think Grey Worm and his people are Black...

I don't think any die hard anime fan racializes anime characters...

I am starting to think it is a very USA thing to racialize media that is intentionally trying to be raceless to the point of having characters with blue hair purple eyes...