Talib Kweli on White Supremacists Fetishizing Asian Women and Anime

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've never understood why Anime characters looked the way they do.
You can't say it's based on how they look cuz they eyes big as fukk.

Not to mention Dragonball Z where the only way to obtain true power is to become Blonde haired with Color eyes:mjpls:

the reason they look the way they do is almost entirely based on the emotional concept of the character.

Eye size = morality.

Bigger the eyes, more innocent the character. This is why airheads have huge eyes and children too.

If the protagonist male is a pervert, their eyes will be average. If evil, they will be slanted, or damn near closed.

Toughness also uses this scale. With eyes being slanted for the bad asses and open for people with no skills.

Dilation = state of mind.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
asian men are about work before women
oddly sexual and yet really timid when it comes to women

so of course they're gonna seek attention else where imo

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
the reason they look the way they do is almost entirely based on the emotional concept of the character.

Eye size = morality.

Bigger the eyes, more innocent the character. This is why airheads have huge eyes and children too.

If the protagonist male is a pervert, their eyes will be average. If evil, they will be slanted, or damn near closed.

Toughness also uses this scale. With eyes being slanted for the bad asses and open for people with no skills.

Dilation = state of mind.
So the people who are making these animes decided that the characters who have features that resemble their people the least are innocent and pure.

Meanwhile the characters that resemble their people the most are evil :mjpls:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Yep. I noticed in many animes the lead characters are blond: Full Metal Alchemist, Elric brothers and their father (as well as the lead bad guy), Sailor Moon, Naruto, Bleach etc. Many of their animes like Full Metal have German themed. They are still obsessed with Germany. Their characters rarely look Asian. Like I said in another thread, they know how to draw Asian looking characters since they draw Chinese characters like Chang on Gundam Wing with an Asian look, yet the Japanese characters look like the European characters. The Japanese are a strange people.
We had a whole thread calling this out.

Anime even came from Disney animation aka Western Theme. Combine that with their love for Germany and you got them being all over non japanese features.

Especially when you look at their ancient art and see how they used to see themselves.

Look at the eyes:
BrushWriting_teaser.jpg

Nowadays anime has mostly western wide eyes unlike their art of old.

Weebos will come after you for pointing this out though.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Anime is drawn the way it is...because the characters are not supposed to have a nationality or race...

Mukokuseki - TV Tropes
Mukokuseki (jp: 無国籍) is the use of physical features associated with certain ethnic groups in anime, with characters having traits like round eyes, light skin, taller stature, and various hair colors. It literally means "stateless" (i.e. "without nationality"), though the term relates to more abstract anime and is used for hyperbole in this case.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Anime is drawn the way it is...because the characters are not supposed to have a nationality or race...

Mukokuseki - TV Tropes
Mukokuseki (jp: 無国籍) is the use of physical features associated with certain ethnic groups in anime, with characters having traits like round eyes, light skin, taller stature, and various hair colors. It literally means "stateless" (i.e. "without nationality"), though the term relates to more abstract anime and is used for hyperbole in this case.
BlackControllingBattleJacket.png

Please tell me how anime characters aren't supposed to have a race again :mjgrin: