Talib Kweli on White Supremacists Fetishizing Asian Women and Anime

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
There are Japanese / Asian women with round eyes ( although rare ). Its the Epicanthal fold that makes it "Asian".
Its rare as you admit.

Therefore a truthful and proper representation of a japanese person would not be those that have a trait of round eyes that is rare among them. :ehh:

Realistically that trait points toward a nonasian.

Daps
Its rare as you admit.

Therefore a truthful and proper representation of a japanese person would not be a person that has a trait that is rare among them. :ehh:

Realistically that trait points toward a nonasian.

Were talking about Anime/Manga which likes to use/combine exotic or different features to make characters stand out.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Were talking about Anime/Manga which likes to use/combine exotic or different features to make characters stand out.
Well those features they use are white ones.

Yet according to you they use minstrel features on black characters to make their characters stand out is what your saying?

and your cool with them doing that? Wow you have no dignity :patrice:

Daps
Well those features they use are white ones.

Yet according to you they use minstrel features on black characters to make their characters stand out is what your saying?

and your cool with them doing that? Wow you have no dignity :patrice:

Again Blue eyes aren't exclusive to White people. Same goes for pale skin, red hair, round eyes, and slim noses etc etc

Sigh we've been over this some Japanese artists draw Black people in minstrel and some draw Black people normally.

014.png

By using weird/exotic features to make characters stand out I mean like this.
4589047-3779257183-31227.jpg

Nobody looks like that IRL.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
He's kinda right.

I actually wrote a paper on Hiroshima's effect on Japanese media in college. Dystopian futures, post-apocalyptic settings are all major tropes loads of anime/manga. And their elevation of certain standards of beauty has a lot to do with American occupation of Japan post WW2.

Fascinating.

I've always suspected they elevate white standards of beauty after witnessing white dominance of the planet as a whole. This was confirmed after living in Asia for a year. You can see it in the anime as well,

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I can tell a lot of people here haven't been to Japan, Thailand, Korea, Singapore etc. The girls in these countries tend to have very pale skin. Pale skin doesn't mean you are a CAC.

In Thailand? They only have pale skin because every bottle of lotion they sell in the country has whitening in it.

Naturally, Thais have bronze colored skin. I would know, I taught there for a year.

I also traveled to other Asian countries when on break, and Asian women using whitening is very common in other countries. There's a reason you also see them walk around with umbrellas during sunny days, they don't want to tan at all.

I've also seen how the women treat white men like prized possessions out there, but I see you left that shyt out.

Again have you met every Japanese person on Earth and know each and every one of their faces look like? :comeon:

It's just like how other races automatically assume all Black people have wide noses.

You're in total fukking denial. You just don't want to say anything negative about your precious Japanese. Or you want to play down the effects of global white supremacy.

Daps
In Thailand? They only have pale skin because every bottle of lotion they sell in the country has whitening in it.

Naturally, Thais have bronze colored skin. I would know, I taught there for a year.

I also traveled to other Asian countries when on break, and Asian women using whitening is very common in other countries. There's a reason you also see them walk around with umbrellas during sunny days, they don't want to tan at all.

I've also seen how the women treat white men like prized possessions out there, but I see you left that shyt out.

You're in total fukking denial. You just don't want to say anything negative about your precious Japanese. Or you want to play down the effects of global white supremacy.

Or I was trying to not generalize a whole group of people I know nothing about but okay.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I used to think the same thing about Anime but when you really look at it, it's actually japano-centric. When they show white people it's obvious, just like every other non-japanese race they draw them with exaggerated physical features. Only the Japanese characters look refined and "normal" in relation to the universe or setting.

People get confused because of their own prejudices, ie; "why don't these asian characters all have chinky eyes?"

If Anime as a problem, it's how they portray other races, not their own.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Most dont have round eyes. You live under a rock? :russ:

Their older art even shows it:
BrushWriting_teaser.jpg

na you must be living under a rock. I see different types of Asians every single day and not all of them have squinty eyes.

A lot of Koreans and Chinese do, but not all. Japanese people generally have rounder eyes in comparison, and they can grow substantial amounts of facial hair too.

Zardoz

mmmmmmmmmmlli
Daps
Can't say I fully agree with him, but I'm glad he called them out.

The link between racist whites and anime/memes is 4cac culture. Not about anime itself.

That site was originally an anime imageboard.
Then it became a site where "anything goes". Just offensive "jokes".
Then it became political because the whites there grew up but couldn't seperate their offensive "humor" from reality. Their minds turned to shyt.

Their love for anime shyt is almost a side thing. The problem is that these nerds let edgy "humor" take over their lives.

Last edited:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i appreciate his view on the situation but it's still a theory that's not fully researched, just something he sees while he's trying to make sense of it. he got his theory off of analyzing avatars of white supremacists. i wonder what a white person would assume from analyzing our avatars on this forum? about our personalities, desires, quality as people? this isn't in defense at all. i'm just saying it's like he starting unraveling something that leads to nowhere. what's worse is it's getting views here because it's subject matter. which disturbs me about people on here.

the opening was cool though, it's just when he started getting into avatars as part of his analysis, i was like :comeon: sounded like a theory out of these forums