Tales Of Berseria. January 24th

llt23

All Star
Daps
Yep this game is more memorable than Zestiria. Combat is also easier to understand. Its easy on normal but I dont care I honestly dont care much for making the combat harder, just wanna get through it.

And also I skip a lot of the unimportant dialogue between the crew, and I have zero interest in talking to NPC's as they offer nothing of relevance, even when its those 'exclamation point' NPCs its usually some bullshyt. These games really need to work on that.

Overall this game while solid just feels like a time fill before I sleep. Aint nothing amazing and only recommended to peeps who just wanna kill time with a rpg. Not even really a slight on the game, it just is for hardcore RPG fans who need that fix.:manny:

On the other hand, got Yakuza 0 on ps4, yall need to get on that shyt its pure fire. :whew:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I see what people mean about these characters basically being villains :heh:

As far as I can tell -

-Velvet just wants to kill this one guy and has no other aspirations aside from that
-Rokurou seems like he just wants to fight people and doesn't really have any other motives
-The kid seems like he basically has Stockholm Syndrome
-And Eizen seems like he just wants to find his captain

Not a heroic motive in sight. :russ:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Downloading off steam now.. I'll get some time in tomorrow.. Haven't played a Tales game since Vesperia.
@winb83
You better be right about this.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I see what people mean about these characters basically being villains :heh:

As far as I can tell -

-Velvet just wants to kill this one guy and has no other aspirations aside from that
-Rokurou seems like he just wants to fight people and doesn't really have any other motives
-The kid seems like he basically has Stockholm Syndrome
-And Eizen seems like he just wants to find his captain

Not a heroic motive in sight. :russ:
Just wait til the whole gang gets together:mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm at the final dungeon. I'm gonna have to grind to level 65 from level 57 and then I'll beat this. This is easily a top 5 cast of any JRPG I've ever played. It wasn't as obvious to me until the full cast was assembled. Even the kid character is solid. Individually the characters are all solid but as a group they come together so well that it makes them a top tier cast. Basically there isn't a weak link in the cast. From Magilou's trolling to Eizen's rambling lectures to Eleanor's naivety to Velvet and Rokoro's thuggery and Laphicet being the glue that binds them all together. It just all works.

This is the first prequel I can remember that is heads and shoulders better than the original.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The only thing that annoys me about this is how the equipment works. Like no matter what you sacrificing a stat. fukk that shyt.
At least its not like Zestiria where equipment would literally make or break you.

Its grindy as hell, but there are plenty of skills and things you can do to make it go easier.

Later in the game there's other shyt to consider though.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At least its not like Zestiria where equipment would literally make or break you.

Its grindy as hell, but there are plenty of skills and things you can do to make it go easier.

Later in the game there's other shyt to consider though.
Zestiria's whole set up was wack as hell. Being leveled up didn't mean as much as it should have. That's why I never finished that game. Not to mention the characters being boring as hell.

Grinding in Tales games doesn't bother me that much, but I hope to be over powered by time I reach the end of the game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Zestiria's whole set up was wack as hell. Being leveled up didn't mean as much as it should have. That's why I never finished that game. Not to mention the characters being boring as hell.

Grinding in Tales games doesn't bother me that much, but I hope to be over powered by time I reach the end of the game.
Yeah the equipment stuff in Zestiria was just poorly thought out. I enjoyed that game, but this thoroughly shyts all over it.

I had my reservations early on, but this is the best 3D combat Tales game. Graces F is REAL close though. Just a matter of preference on that front... If you get slapped around one good time in Berseria, you're toast in higher difficulties. Graces, you're always in the fight more or less.

The cast is top 5 like @winb83 said though.

My only 'gripe' is that certain characters feel entirely different early game vs late game. Eleanor and Eizen have soooo many more tools late compared to early on.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm a little past the point where Eleanor joins.

Getting a little sick of Velvet to be honest, the whole "all I care about is revenge" thing is getting a little bit grating. Hopefully she gets some development later in the game. Right now I still feel like I'm playing as an even more emo Sasuke Uchiha.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The ending is pretty depressing considering we know the world state of the sequel game so the world couldn't possible have been "saved" with daemons still around. Still good game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm a little past the point where Eleanor joins.

Getting a little sick of Velvet to be honest, the whole "all I care about is revenge" thing is getting a little bit grating. Hopefully she gets some development later in the game. Right now I still feel like I'm playing as an even more emo Sasuke Uchiha.
At the midnight hour she gets that development. I'm talking the last 5-8 hours of the game. For 80% of the game she acts the way she does now.