Tales Of Berseria. January 24th

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Revenge and your characters are anti-heroes. shyt is dope breh the tales team really made everything flow together
I wouldn't call most of them anti-heroes more like villain protagonists. They kill and sacrifice innocent people all for the sake of revenge and the like. So far nothing has been for a greater good or just cause.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I wouldn't call most of them anti-heroes more like villain protagonists. They kill and sacrifice innocent people all for the sake of revenge and the like. So far nothing has been for a greater good or just cause.
they got you hurt :mjlol:

there's good there, they just don't be handing out flowers and shyt

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
they got you hurt :mjlol:

there's good there, they just don't be handing out flowers and shyt
I'm getting towards the end of the game. I have 3 of the 7 things you have to find left and after that I'd imagine it's headed to the end game. We just had a fishing scene after returning to the prison.

Velvet is straight up evil. Almost irredeemably so at this point. I've waited for her to turn that corner into a decent person and it hasn't happened.
Rokurou he's not a bad person but at the same time all he cares about is fighting and he'll do whatever it takes to achieve his goal. consequences be damned.
Eizen has scumbag tendencies and like the previous 2 all he cares about is achieving his goals by any means necessary.
Magilou is the kinda person that really only cares about herself and she's down to do whatever just for kicks.

Laphicet good person just tagging along with dirtbags and has Stockholm syndrome ever since he was snatched.
Eleanor good person, a bit naive and a bit of an idealist but she's nothing like the rest.

Antiheroes tend to have actual ethics. They don't kill innocents as collateral damage for personal vendettas with zero fukks given. Most of the party isn't heroes. They're villains who happen to be facing off against what seems to be at this point a well intentioned extremist. Artorius may be using extreme measures but at the same time you can argue there's a greater good there unless the game reveals otherwise.

I don't dislike the fact that the party is mostly a rogue gallery but that's what they are.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Velvet could've killed plenty more people and not given any fukks about anyone but you leave that out :jbhmm:
Velvet desperately needs to pull a Killia (Disgaea 5) instead she's going from edge lord to tsundere edge lord (Don't think I saved you because I wanted to it's just that kid would be bothered if I didn't). We all saw her at the beginning of the game. Who she's pretending to be isn't who she really is deep down. She's simply faked being a villain so long that she can't stop pretending to be one and in her act she's actually doing stuff bad people do.

Even Lightning turned that corner and quit pretending to be a hard ass.

Hopefully Velvet has a scene where she finally drops the act. She's slowly been tiptoeing up to that line but refuses to cross it. Meanwhile Laphicet and Eleanor get buckets of character development.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Arguing with a bunch of people on GameFAQs. Lots of people are surprisingly shytting on Abyss/Vesperia. shyt got me a bit heated. These kids must be young as fukk.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Arguing with a bunch of people on GameFAQs. Lots of people are surprisingly shytting on Abyss/Vesperia. shyt got me a bit heated. These kids must be young as fukk.
Real talk I never beat Vesperia. Loved the game but the last 3rd of it dragged on for far too long. I got distracted by other games and never went back to it. I restarted it a few years ago but I ended up selling that 360 and I got the save in the cloud waiting for BC on the XBO.

Abyss is a love hate game for me. I like a lot of things about it but I also have some issues with it. It has one of my least favorite cast in a JRPG for example. About the only character in the game I liked was Jade.

At the point I'm at now in Berseria I can say I was wrong about it. It's the definitive game in the series of all the ones I've played.
Legendia
Symphonia
Abyss
Vesperia
Graces F
Xillia
Xillia 2
Zestiria
Hearts R

Best cast, story, most consistent skits (Graces F had the best skits overall), solid battle system. The only wack things about it are the equipment / skills system, the late game backtracking, and the field / dungeon design.

I'm fully expecting an Xillia 2 style downer ending here too. Especially considering what we know from the next game about the antagonist of this game being heralded as a hero and given the known fate of Eizen.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Plot bombs are going off all over the place now. I think I'm in the final hours.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Oddly enough all of this ToA hate makes me want to replay it now. Might get a 3DS and play that version.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm pretty early in the game but so far this chick is basically a female Sasuke Uchiha.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm pretty early in the game but so far this chick is basically a female Sasuke Uchiha.
I reached the point where they round out her character. The way it was done was great easily the best moments of the game so far. Sasuke was never properly developed like this. Velvet is a sad broken girl pretending to be tough and you see who she really is at the beginning of the game. Sasuke really has no character. Also Velvet has the kid to keep her somewhat grounded.

They way to game breaks her character down is a sight to behold. Naruto really should have tried harder to do a better job of handling Sasuke like that.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Real talk I never beat Vesperia. Loved the game but the last 3rd of it dragged on for far too long. I got distracted by other games and never went back to it. I restarted it a few years ago but I ended up selling that 360 and I got the save in the cloud waiting for BC on the XBO.

Abyss is a love hate game for me. I like a lot of things about it but I also have some issues with it. It has one of my least favorite cast in a JRPG for example. About the only character in the game I liked was Jade.

At the point I'm at now in Berseria I can say I was wrong about it. It's the definitive game in the series of all the ones I've played.
Legendia
Symphonia
Abyss
Vesperia
Graces F
Xillia
Xillia 2
Zestiria
Hearts R

Best cast, story, most consistent skits (Graces F had the best skits overall), solid battle system. The only wack things about it are the equipment / skills system, the late game backtracking, and the field / dungeon design.

I'm fully expecting an Xillia 2 style downer ending here too. Especially considering what we know from the next game about the antagonist of this game being heralded as a hero and given the known fate of Eizen.

You put this over Vesperia breh? :ohhh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You put this over Vesperia breh? :ohhh:
Considering I'm actually going to finish this game the first time yeah. Of all the games I've played in the series this one is the best by far. I'm still giving Yuri the edge on best protagonist but Velvet can be #2. She successfully pulled off what they tried to do and failed with Luke from Abyss where they changed his character. She changes just enough to still be true to who she is. Yuri gets points over her because he's dark but not edgy like her so he doesn't have to change.