Tales Of Berseria. January 24th

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't care for this kid and Eleanor.
Laphicet is a central piece to the game. If you don't like him at all the game kinda falls apart character wise. Like I said he's the glue that holds everyone together. He's about the best done child character I've seen in a JRPG. His development is amazing IMO. Eleanor also has amazing development.

Now if you wanna see a kid that's really annoying Elle Mel Marta from Xillia 2 fits.

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have to agree with some of y'all about Velvet. The longer I play, the more I get annoyed with her :hhh:
I'm still relatively early in the game, but to me this crew doesn't really standout overall to me as much. I still like Vesperia's cast a lot better overall. Magilou is the big exception though. She gives me life :blessed: Just pure gold in all her diaologue.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have to agree with some of y'all about Velvet. The longer I play, the more I get annoyed with her :hhh:
I'm still relatively early in the game, but to me this crew doesn't really standout overall to me as much. I still like Vesperia's cast a lot better overall. Magilou is the big exception though. She gives me life :blessed: Just pure gold in all her diaologue.
The crew didn't stand out to me until I got all the party members. That's when the game really hits it's stride. You either learn to accept Velvet or you don't. She gets proper development at the tail end of the game but she's never gonna be a cuddly ball of joy. Magilou kinda wore me down over the course of the game. Honestly I wish they did more with her because the game addresses her backstory but it doesn't really go deep into it.

I feel like the game spends most of it's time developing Laphicet and Eleanor and a small amount of time developing Velvet. Rokurou, Eizen, and Magilou are mostly static characters.

If you get to the point of the game and get Eleanor and don't care for her or Laphicet or Velvet this game is just gonna fall flat to you from a story standpoint.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ten Connections Between Tales of Berseria and Tales of Zestiria
Good read about the ties between the two games but clearly that last one is wrong. That's not Magilou's coffin in Zestiria because there's no way Magilou died 300 years before that game when Berseria takes place 1000 years before Zestiria.

As for the rest one of them is a major spoiler so I wouldn't read that list until finishing this game.
What's the length on this one anyway?

StI'll haven't really played this much.
If you skip the side content about 42 hours.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Topped off at 92 hours

I wanted to post more, but I was plainly addicted to this.

This is the best JRPG I've played in a long, long time. I know Persona 5 is what the people are waiting for, so this is clearly going to be a bit forgotten but damn... this a classic.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I'm a little past the point where Eleanor joins.

Getting a little sick of Velvet to be honest, the whole "all I care about is revenge" thing is getting a little bit grating. Hopefully she gets some development later in the game. Right now I still feel like I'm playing as an even more emo Sasuke Uchiha.

It really makes you root for Artorius and enjoy whenever Velvet gets sonned. That's what makes this game compelling and you want to see what the payoff is because their really is no true good guys here.

36+ hours in and Velvet has probably killed more good people directly and though collateral damage that Artorius has and she only continues to double down even though is obvious she isn't doing anything but fukk up.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It really makes you root for Artorius and enjoy whenever Velvet gets sonned. That's what makes this game compelling and you want to see what the payoff is because their really is no true good guys here.

36+ hours in and Velvet has probably killed more good people directly and though collateral damage that Artorius has and she only continues to double down even though is obvious she isn't doing anything but fukk up.
Velvet's deconstruction towards the last third of the game was amazing. The antagonists really mentally assault her and those are the best moments of the game. After she becomes tolerable but before that she's pretty insufferable. You'll know when it's about to happen when you return to the area from the prologue.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bout to download the demo off steam. Haven't played a Tales game since Xillia 2 (good game imo)

• Dap
Reactions: hex