Tales Of Berseria. January 24th

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
So I just got off the boat after Escaping The Prison but I am not sure why my allies are not helping me fight in battle..... can someone please help me

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'll go ahead and say this was the best Tales of game I've played.
Legendia
Symphonia
Abyss
Vesperia
Graces F
Xillia
Xillia 2
Zestiria
Hearts

It's better than all those.

Wow. You have 3 of my favorite games ever in there. That's high praise.

Random fact for the brehs: I got this, ff15 and persona 5 all around the same time. My home girl who beat all 3 said to definitely play tthrough ff15 first because, while it's very good, its nowhere near ToB or P5.

I'm on chapter 13 of 15 for ff15. If all goes well I start ToB tomorrow :blessed:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So I just got off the boat after Escaping The Prison but I am not sure why my allies are not helping me fight in battle..... can someone please help me
You might have them set to manual by default or something. Check tactics, post a screenshot even and I'll help how I can.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
You might have them set to manual by default or something. Check tactics, post a screenshot even and I'll help how I can.
I figured it out :mjgrin:

Got these bytches building a ship for me now :mjgrin:

This game is dope

I got combat on semi-auto...testing it out.

Do I need to grind and fight all these random enemies or nah?

I don't be feeling like fighting them all :noah:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I figured it out :mjgrin:

Got these bytches building a ship for me now :mjgrin:

This game is dope

I got combat on semi-auto...testing it out.

Do I need to grind and fight all these random enemies or nah?

I don't be feeling like fighting them all :noah:
The enemy grind isn't necessary at all really, its entirely up to you - and that's based on if you're a completionist OR are gunning for the higher difficulties (which you don't even get the opportunity to unlock until much later in the game). The skills available aren't even that big of a deal at the moment either, they're nice, but nothing make or break. Play how you want until the game starts showing you more of the ropes.

One of my biggest complaints about the game is that actually starts off pretty slow lol, if you're liking it now you'll fukking love it by the end.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
The enemy grind isn't necessary at all really, its entirely up to you - and that's based on if you're a completionist OR are gunning for the higher difficulties (which you don't even get the opportunity to unlock until much later in the game). The skills available aren't even that big of a deal at the moment either, they're nice, but nothing make or break. Play how you want until the game starts showing you more of the ropes.

One of my biggest complaints about the game is that actually starts off pretty slow lol, if you're liking it now you'll fukking love it by the end.
Yeah that was a cute little mission.
Nothing too crazy.
I rather avoid random enemies and not waste time on the grind as long as I won't be severely lower leveled than the bosses etc as I play along.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah that was a cute little mission.
Nothing too crazy.
I rather avoid random enemies and not waste time on the grind as long as I won't be severely lower leveled than the bosses etc as I play along.
They'll introduce chain encounters and all sorts of shyt later on that allows you to kinda steer random battles into something way more significant than typical fodder. The bosses from random battles will actually have you dodging them plenty lol

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
They'll introduce chain encounters and all sorts of shyt later on that allows you to kinda steer random battles into something way more significant than typical fodder. The bosses from random battles will actually have you dodging them plenty lol
Do you play manual or auto or semi auto?

I also set up that ill chain with the artes.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Do you play manual or auto or semi auto?

I also set up that ill chain with the artes.
Early on, it doesn't matter that much. I rolled with semi-auto for a while actually... For the first third of the game I rolled almost exclusively with Velvet (mainly because Velvet's skill tree is so much more user-friendly early on compared to others), but after that? There are other characters that simply function WAY better with manual. Difficulty plays a part too because enemy properties dictate a bit but that's kinda its own discussion.

Basically there's some characters that work better with it, and its all playstyle dependent until you get into the higher difficulty settings or new game+

but enjoy the ride in the meantime

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still feel like this game has quite possibly the best cast in a JRPG. As individuals they're just ok but taking them together as a group and how they interact with each other it takes it to another level. It also helps that there aren't any bad characters in the group. Even the kid character has a place and works. Maybe the weakest link is Velvet but there's even a payoff with her development late game.

These guys aren't heroes. They do some foul stuff through the game.
Wow u really like this game. :mjgrin:

Best cast in a jrpg and the best tales game?:mjgrin: