Tales of Arise | PS4/PS5/XB1/XSX/PC | 9/10/21

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Do they have a Devil's arms type side question or a sword dancer?
At the end of the last dungeon. One of 6 optional fights directly before you go to the final boss. I’m not sure but I think you have to fight it if you want to activate the teleport back to the start of the final dungeon otherwise you have a midway teleport back to the beginning and that’s it. I did 3 of the 6 fights and it let me use it. That was one of the ones I did.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
At the end of the last dungeon. One of 6 optional fights directly before you go to the final boss. I’m not sure but I think you have to fight it if you want to activate the teleport back to the start of the final dungeon otherwise you have a midway teleport back to the beginning and that’s it. I did 3 of the 6 fights and it let me use it. That was one of the ones I did.

so no recurring battles?? One of the staples of Tales is encountering that mf Sword Dancer in its different iteration and barely surviving while it inflicts devastation on your party members

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
so no recurring battles?? One of the staples of Tales is encountering that mf Sword Dancer in its different iteration and barely surviving while it inflicts devastation on your party members
It’s a double fight back to back. Gets a 2nd form and a full new health bar after you beat it once.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Brothers lowering the difficulty for lords …

Shameful,

I’m playing on hard you just need to strategize

I got Rimwell with a crazy ring that Aggros these clowns while I do work with Alphen the god

Shionnes healing circle and Lord Dolomite healing in the background for what she misses means we ain’t never dying

The 1 point life KO thing is a life saver

Law and Kasara is on the bench, i like kasara too because she has the dopest cinematics but she is useless if you don’t control her yourself and especially bad in boss battles because of that terrible range

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Castle wasn't that bad to me.

That drawbridge was a pain :hhh:

Thought I was done, fought all those annoying ass guards, and got to the top floor to lower the bridge and the game was like "Good job, now go lower the other half :troll: "

I mean I didn't die but I pretty much burned thru my items. By the time I got to that Kalmarzel boss my supplies were almost nothing.

Took one L, said fukk I need to hit up a hotel and store, I'll come back later :hubie:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Hold up people didn't like this game story or characters? :hhh:

The ending was fine to me (not sure what else would be expected, every single thing was resolved and explained), this had the best cast of any Tales imo and the best character development/interactions.

It used to be Vesperia>Abyss for me now it's Arise>Vesperia>Abyss.

People just like to complain I guess. I've played nearly every renowned jrpg you can imagine and this became one of my favorites OF ALL TIME. Some of you are BUGGIN :picard:

Going for the plat now what a journey :whew:

Fans of niche series love to do this thing, where something gets changed from older games, and they feign outrage as some sort of barometer to measure their 'real fandom' in front of other fans.

I've played through several Tales games and did not miss anything that was adjusted or streamlined in this one.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Hold up people didn't like this game story or characters? :hhh:

The ending was fine to me (not sure what else would be expected, every single thing was resolved and explained), this had the best cast of any Tales imo and the best character development/interactions.

It used to be Vesperia>Abyss for me now it's Arise>Vesperia>Abyss.

People just like to complain I guess. I've played nearly every renowned jrpg you can imagine and this became one of my favorites OF ALL TIME. Some of you are BUGGIN :picard:

Going for the plat now what a journey :whew:

Fans of niche series love to do this thing, where something gets changed from older games, and they feign outrage as some sort of barometer to measure their 'real fandom' in front of other fans.

I've played through several Tales games and did not miss anything that was adjusted or streamlined in this one.
If you count a series of drawings as an explanation. I’ve played JRPGs with playable epilogues that give actual info on the world state after completing the main game. Hell Lunar 2 had a whole optional quest after the main game for a second ending.

In this game the main conflict is resolved and they show a slide show. There’s even romantic subplots teased at most of the game that are never actually addressed. Why have that stuff in the game, tease and suggest at it multiple times then not outright address it in the end?

We spent a lot of time on a planet where the ruling governments have been deposed and in the end who is even in charge? Did the two races come together and form a new government and if so how was it composed?

The character at the end of the game that gives the final exposition dump and last quest we never see them again after setting out on it and the remaining people like them what became of them?

Whats the state of Lenegis?

Nope we get some drawings of some characters hanging out and open addressing of one romantic subplot and that’s it.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If you count a series of drawings as an explanation. I’ve played JRPGs with playable epilogues that give actual info on the world state after completing the main game. Hell Lunar 2 had a whole optional quest after the main game for a second ending.

In this game the main conflict is resolved and they show a slide show. There’s even romantic subplots teased at most of the game that are never actually addressed. Why have that stuff in the game, tease and suggest at it multiple times then not outright address it in the end?

We spent a lot of time on a planet where the ruling governments have been deposed and in the end who is even in charge? Did the two races come together and form a new government and if so how was it composed?

The character at the end of the game that gives the final exposition dump and last quest we never see them again after setting out on it and the remaining people like them what became of them?

Whats the state of Lenegis?

Nope we get some drawings of some characters hanging out and open addressing of one romantic subplot and that’s it.

I haven't beaten the game yet, but maybe they're leaving it open for story-related DLC or a sequel :ld:

Xillia got a sequel and this is already much more popular than that, so it would make sense for them to milk it. Graces F also got an epilogue story on PS3.

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I beat Lord Vholran on first try on hard mode. Honestly, all Lord Bosses are fukking easy on hard mode.

Lord Vholran is bad ass villain thou:ehh: