Ta-Nehisi Coates to write Black Panther comic for Marvel

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It's the thing I'm most excited for. I really love legacy characters so I wanna see a dope batman/nightwing kinda thing.

Saw T'Challa going to the necropolis was like :yeshrug:

Then saw the last page was like :whoo::dwillhuh::why::dahell::damn::wtf::mindblown::ohhh:

That part alone had me like:gladbron::feedme:. Add the fact that the issue overall was good, and I'll def be reading the next few issues.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Finally had a chance to read this....is it me or did it seem short as hell though ? I'm like :feedme:

The person behind the chick controlling the people better be white. That would definitely make it more true to life...white men stay fukkin up non white countries....hopefully it's Doom so t'challa can get his revenge :blessed:

what's up with the 2 dykes though :beli: couldn't they love each other as sisters or mother and daughter :why: Not sure if the youngins will be ready for that :jbhmm:

So shuri isn't dead? or she is and he's trying to resurrect her? One of the youngins told me black panther was dead when I was trying to put him on when he was talking about CaC heroes...I was like :dwillhuh: the coli ain't tell me that :skip: But it wasn't THE black panther, so nice to know.

What is up with the quality of pages? Is this the norm or because it's a #1? if so it's great I remember when comic pages were like newspaper recycled BS

What's up with these alternate covers where do you find those at?

I'm assuming this is a monthly release? :whoa: I been out the game a minute, good to be back due to #blackexcellence :myman:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The ones we've been introduced to seem promising, both in abilities and in political clout were they reside. Should be interesting to see.
Wait we've only seen two villains so far unless you mean the Rouge Dora meljia. (I have a feeling Coates will do some anti patriarchy bull shyt angle with them though. I hope I'm wrong.:snoop:)

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Wait we've only seen two villains so far unless you mean the Rouge Dora meljia. (I have a feeling Coates will do some anti patriarchy bull shyt angle with them though. I hope I'm wrong.:snoop:)

Was referring to Zenzi and the troops being gathered around Niganda. I don't consider Ayo and Aneka villains. At least, for now.

I'm getting the same feeling about potential "anti-patriarchy" vibes as well. The #2 previews seems to be insinuating it heavy.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Was referring to Zenzi and the troops being gathered around Niganda. I don't consider Ayo and Aneka villains. At least, for now.

I'm getting the same feeling about potential "anti-patriarchy" vibes as well. The #2 previews seem insinuating it heavy.
I really don't need that in my Panther book. This nikka knows black men can't catch a break and he's going into some feminist shyt? Come on man.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I really don't need that in my Panther book. This nikka knows black men can't catch a break and he's going into some feminist shyt? Come on man.

There's a way for Coates to get his point across without necessarily going that route.

It's a big reason why I hope that we see T'Challa not just standing against the fukkery we've seen in the preview (the abuse, rapes, and trafficking of the women), but he also shuts that down and harshly punishes those responsible for it. Assuming its happening in Wakanda.

Because outside of something like that happening, whether it be from T'Challa or another male character of importance, the males in the BP-verse aren't getting much of a good look. Already T'Challa is having trouble holding his country together. Now, the males in Wakanda (not all of them of course) are being shown taking advantage of the situation and engage in some devious stuff.

Obviously Wakanda isn't a utopia, but man, shyt is crazy.

Last edited:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Finally had a chance to read this....is it me or did it seem short as hell though ? I'm like :feedme:

The person behind the chick controlling the people better be white. That would definitely make it more true to life...white men stay fukkin up non white countries....hopefully it's Doom so t'challa can get his revenge :blessed:

what's up with the 2 dykes though :beli: couldn't they love each other as sisters or mother and daughter :why: Not sure if the youngins will be ready for that :jbhmm:

So shuri isn't dead? or she is and he's trying to resurrect her? One of the youngins told me black panther was dead when I was trying to put him on when he was talking about CaC heroes...I was like :dwillhuh: the coli ain't tell me that :skip: But it wasn't THE black panther, so nice to know.

What is up with the quality of pages? Is this the norm or because it's a #1? if so it's great I remember when comic pages were like newspaper recycled BS

What's up with these alternate covers where do you find those at?

I'm assuming this is a monthly release? :whoa: I been out the game a minute, good to be back due to #blackexcellence :myman:
Breh, you are way out the loop:pachaha:

It's good to see ex readers come back though

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
There's a way for Coates to get his point across without necessarily going that route.

It's a big reason why I hope that we see T'Challa not just standing against the fukkery we've seen in the preview (the abuse, rapes, and trafficking of the women), but even shut that down and punish those responsible for it. Assuming its happening in Wakanda.

Because outside of something like happening, whether it be from T'Challa or another male character of importance, the males in the BP-verse aren't getting much of a good look.
If Marvel pulls this shyt with T'challa, I'm boycotting Marvel. I'llc stick to my own comics, (got two coming out this year)

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
If Marvel pulls this shyt with T'challa, I'm boycotting Marvel. I'llc stick to my own comics, (got two coming out this year)

T'Challa's gonna have a rough ride on this one. The narrative basically demands it.

I'm hoping there will be a major payoff in the end.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
There very well may be. But does he have to pander?

I'm not sure he's necessarily pandering, per se. I do think he has beliefs and a POV and we're seeing some of it in his writing.

Coates, for example, clearly has an issue with monarchies. The fact that Wakanda has a monarchy despite being so technologically advanced never sat well with him. Hence, the survival of the monarchy as we know it is now on the line.