Ta-Nehisi Coates to write Black Panther comic for Marvel

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I never knew much about Black Panther but i was definitely intrigued by his Civil War appearence so:jawalrus:

1TkeDI2.jpg
Post your thoughts. Lets start a Coli discussion. I want to hear opinions from new readers and old.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Yea, it was the perfect set up issue to me. The comic does focus more on Wankanda and its supporting characters than Black Panther though, but IMO I feel like its gonna pay off.
See that was my issue. Panther hasn't been in a him centric comic in years and now we get his book and we get two young women I don't care about and some villains I've never seen before but are probably linked to Kill monger. All I really wanted was to see T'challa and Shuri rebuilding and maybe getting some good rogues. I'll give it a second read maybe I'm missing something.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
See that was my issue. Panther hasn't been in a him centric comic in years and now we get his book and we get two young women I don't care about and some villains I've never seen before but are probably linked to Kill monger. All I really wanted was to see T'challa and Shuri rebuilding and maybe getting some good rogues. I'll give it a second read maybe I'm missing something.
Thats the thing, I love world building in my literature. And I feel that this book is doing just that. I don't think you are missing anything, I just think that this is not your ideal of a number one issue for an establish big two character.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

I don't blame you, the issue was good but it really felt like a build up issue. And in fairness to Coates, he said a while back that #1 was probably his weakest in terms of writing (paraphrasing). The story should def pick up in #2 and especially in #3.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Shuri's back?