Swole talks about representation issues with AEW

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
If you notice, Impact's Black viewership also increased during the same time period. 3 of the 4 major champions in Impact are Black.
:blessed:

Perception and history are key. :manny:

Impact’s most dominant champion ever was black, and they generally do right by pushing and featuring a hot act when they’re black/POC like Swann, Ron Killings, Chris Bey, Black Machismo, etc. (Monty Brown aside… it’s still forever fukk Jarrett for that). We saw that they’d do right by us, and so we watch.

And for all the shyt we give Cokeboy, he doesn’t half ass it when he pushes someone black to a more prominent role. The best booked Babyface World Champion of the last 5 years? Kofi. The best booked World Champion the last 3 years? Lashley. The biggest stars of the women’s division? Bianca and Sasha. He doesn’t do it OFTEN, but he does it right when he does more often than not.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps

Impact’s most dominant champion ever was black, and they generally do right by pushing and featuring a hot act when they’re black/POC like Swann, Ron Killings, Chris Bey, Black Machismo, etc. (Monty Brown aside… it’s still forever fukk Jarrett for that). We saw that they’d do right by us, and so we watch.

And for all the shyt we give Cokeboy, he doesn’t half ass it when he pushes someone black to a more prominent role. The best booked Babyface World Champion of the last 5 years? Kofi. The best booked World Champion the last 3 years? Lashley. The biggest stars of the women’s division? Bianca and Sasha. He doesn’t do it OFTEN, but he does it right when he does more often than not.
Also, Impact during their prime and peak was on an network that a lot black people watched (Spike/Paramount Network) which plays an key role at that. Even during their dark ages, the black wrestlers for the most case was treated good.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

That’s what’s up…. And that can be respected.

I just hate on the flipside during either the lead up or aftermath of their championships.

Cokeboy loves to humiliate them via burying them so bad on their journeys up or doing some unnecessary questionable fukkshyt on the backend that voids all the hardwork that was put in to elevate them.

Like I get the whole representation and why some take shots at some companies for whatever reason or praise others. And its definite cool when champs in the E are black. But other than the E, no one else degrades their talent and what happens when this representation is showcased on a big platform spreading their butt cheeks, act like buffoons, or getting constantly dressed down?

Thats the shyt I dont like and hard for me to just overly celebrate them and jeer at others

Perception and HISTORY definitely is key

Last edited:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
That’s what’s up…. And that can be respected.

I just hate on the flipside during either the lead up or aftermath of their championships.

Cokeboy loves to humiliate them via burying them so bad on their journeys up or doing some unnecessary questionable fukkshyt on the backend that voids all the hardwork that was put in to elevate them.

Like I get the whole representation and why some take shots at some companies for whatever reason or praise others. And its definite cool when champs in the E are black. But other than the E, no one else degrades their talent and what happens when this representation is showcased on a big platform spreading their butt cheeks, act like buffoons, or getting constantly dressed down?

Thats the shyt I dont like and hard for me to just overly celebrate them and jeer at others

Perception and HISTORY definitely is key

That’s true, which is why most of the above listed only happened over the last 3 or so years, and all probably by chance. Vince books for himself and himself alone, so a lot of fukk shyt is gonna happen in between these moments and it’s gonna turn people off.

On the other side? TNA has been solid since day one. They not only had Ron Killings, as a heel running the militant gimmick, get a co-sign from Ricky Steamboat, but they gave breh the NWA World Title TWICE in their first three years. The second time he beat AJ Styles for it. They made Lashley their most dominant champion ever and had him hold every singles title at once with a gimmick that was the template for how Roman and Brock are being booked. They gave Awesome Kong the keys to the women’s division and watched it become on par, and even better at times than The X Division. They been with us from jump.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
zero respect for Cedric. Bianca wouldn’t even if she was “playing”. Inkster Brandi about to enter the chat
I forgot she is from Michigan…she went to inkster hs? Why do i not believe that…I’m gonna guess Lathrup Village, Berkley, or Country Day…

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
200.gif